Premier League Gameweek 36

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
That's the barcodes effectively confirmed top four. Man Utd and Liverpool fighting for the final spot, Saturday is a big day.

Suedesi

I like Brighton, they play good football and are not an oil club. Don't understand the hatred here.

We have to win against Bournemouth, Newcastle - Brighton has no bearing on that.

Dominos

If we miss out on Top4 it isn’t about what Liverpool do in their last 2 games it’s about what we did over 38.

We don’t require anyone else to drop points, we’re required to win 2 games out of 3.
You know two things can be true at once?

If we win 2 games, we finish top 4 no matter what.
If we don't win 2 games, we can still finish top 4, if other teams around us drop enough points.

I'm not sure what people are possibly arguing against here. As if the idea of teams around you dropping points being a good thing is a completely new concept.

Stig

I like Brighton, they play good football and are not an oil club. Don't understand the hatred here.

We have to win against Bournemouth, Newcastle - Brighton has no bearing on that.
People being silly.

AFC NimbleThumb

You know two things can be true at once?

If we win 2 games, we finish top 4 no matter what.
If we don't win 2 games, we can still finish top 4, if other teams around us drop enough points.

I'm not sure what people are possibly arguing against here. As if the idea of teams around you dropping points being a good thing is a completely new concept.
More than 2 can be true at once but as of this moment it doesn’t matter what Liverpool or Brighton do.

It would be nice if they lost but even if they win, we should too. Focus on ourselves, it’s Top4 ffs.

Baneofthegame

Actually feel Caicedo and Mitoma were awful tonight, thought it was strange not to at least start McAllister.

Gordon S

Hard to grasp what the feck happened to Newcastle.
Quite a few bang average players there, like Wilson, Almiron Schar, Burns, Joelinton, Murphy, Longstaff, ASM, and a few more. And they are suddenly, out of nowhere, absolutely playing out of their skin under Howe this season. Where did that come from?

ShinjiNinja26

Quite a few bang average players there, like Wilson, Almiron Schar, Burns, Joelinton, Murphy, Longstaff, ASM, and a few more. And they are suddenly, out of nowhere, absolutely playing out of their skin under Howe this season. Where did that come from?
Aye it’s quite remarkable. I’d expect them to drop off big time next season if they kept a similar squad as a lot of these players as you say played out their skins, unfortunately with the money they’ve got and the attraction of CL football I expect them to make some big upgrades on some of these players and go again.

Matt851

This place is full of whingey bitches

We got completely outplayed when we went to st James and yet people are saying they hate Brighton just because they can't do us a favour.

ForeverRed1

The feel good factor at a club goes a long long way. They had no massive expectations on them this season and have exceeded expectation, everything they do is a bonus. They’re playing with joy and freedom. The fans are buzzing because of the buyout. From misery and heaviness with Ashley to the wealthiest owners in world football. Massive difference for all involved.

Himannv

I agree we have to win our games. Having said that, Brighton are frustrating. They play teams off the park in some games and look irresistible, but when they're up against a team you think they can probably take on, they inexplicably play poorly and lose. And that's annoying when it's against a team you're competing against in the points race. I mean Everton thumped them, but they turn up like prime Man City when they play us. Just frustrating.

Random Precision

Supports
Newcastle
Aye it’s quite remarkable. I’d expect them to drop off big time next season if they kept a similar squad as a lot of these players as you say played out their skins, unfortunately with the money they’ve got and the attraction of CL football I expect them to make some big upgrades on some of these players and go again.
Drop off…….there be know drop off, Newcastle a few years ago maybe. Not anymore things have changed at Newcastle.