Premier League Gameweek 38 | Final weekend fixtures of 2017/18 season (13th May 2018)

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Most Points in a season - Check
100 points - Check
Most goals in a season - Check
Largest ever GD - Check
Most wins in a row - Check
Most wins in a season - Check
Most away wins in a season - Check
Most away points in a season - Check
Largest ever winning margin - Check
Most late winners - (Not sure)

Premier League Top Assists this season:
1st - KDB 16
2nd - Sane 15
J3rd - David Silva 11
J3rd - Raheem Sterling 11

That'll do Pep, that'll do.
Getting battered off the 4th placed team in the CL and losing to a League 1 club in the FA Cup.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They need similar luck next season to do anything close like this season. Like I said above, they have gotten the luck even when they were not that great.
Maybe. But imo, the way they play forces the balance of probabilities on their side .

SER19

For all their talk of records, smashing every clubs transfer record to pieces is the most significant thing city have done. The league, it’s history, the record books, have been monetised and bought by the uae. The game has been cheapened beyond belief but the way we consume etertainment and sports means nobody seems to care.

OldSchoolManc

100 points - Check
Largest ever GD - Check

1st - KDB 16
2nd - Sane 15
J3rd - David Silva 11

Congratulations and all that, but doesn’t it feel a bit empty when it’s been done without a single penny of your own money?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Very unpopular opinion here but I think this sort of season is par of the course for Pep. Might not hit 100 but fully exoeex him to get into the 90s again .
I think we'll always be in the 90's or there abouts while he's hear, he's simply that good at beating the trash, even if we amazing against the top teams we'll drop very few points against the bottom 14. We dropped 14 points this season, 6 to United and Liverpool. So 8 points total against teams outside the top 4 which is mental consistency. The concern is not the big teams beating us but that other teams can beat the bottom teams as regularly.

An Irish Red

100 points - Check
Largest ever GD - Check
Most fans disguised as blue seats - Check

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
100 points - Check
Largest ever GD - Check

1st - KDB 16
2nd - Sane 15
J3rd - David Silva 11

You didn't go unbeaten though so who cares?

Seriously though, this was much more deserving of a golden trophy than any other year. Congrats.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
100 points - Check
Largest ever GD - Check

1st - KDB 16
2nd - Sane 15
J3rd - David Silva 11

Somehow beating the best team the PL has ever seen under the best manager the world has.
You can't say it's not a farce. Stupid money and the manager most synonymous with PEDs. How can you not question it?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Congratulations and all that, but doesn’t it feel a bit empty when it’s been done without a single penny of your own money?
Nope, not even a little bit. In fact knowing we have an owner who puts into the club instead of taking out is a great feeling.

Claude Cat

Supports
Liverpool
Ah, well in that case it's probably a case of wanting the worst for Liverpool. Can't say I'm particularly arsed but them coming 4th rather than 3rd is preferable, and if it looked like they may get 3rd at some point during today's matches but ended up 4th then that's a little bit of fun as they/their fans might be slightly disappointed in the end.
Think if I was Spurs I'd trade finishing one place higher for a spot in the Champions League final.

SER19

100 points - Check
Largest ever GD - Check

1st - KDB 16
2nd - Sane 15
J3rd - David Silva 11

Youre forgetting their most important record of all. The one without which none of it is possible. The spending record.

Bought every single thing you’ve just listed. Of course it doesn’t bother you, you’ve all been bought too. Like trophy brides

El Zoido

+79 goal difference. Incredible, and depressing. They’re going to run away with it next season too, think we’re in for a tough few years. I can’t see how anyone is going to match City for the foreseeable future.

Irrational.

City's season summed up. Even when they have played toothless they have got 3 points in the dying moments. How many times this season they got a goal in the final moments. Credit to them.
Precisely. That winning run they went on at the beginning of the season laid the foundation for this.

Tremendous achievement, but they can still feck off.

Aint gota Kalou

I think we'll always be in the 90's or there abouts while he's hear, he's simply that good at beating the trash, even if we amazing against the top teams we'll drop very few points against the bottom 14. We dropped 14 points this season, 6 to United and Liverpool. So 8 points total against teams outside the top 4 which is mental consistency. The concern is not the big teams beating us but that other teams can beat the bottom teams as regularly.
You beat us at OT

James Peril

Pretty sure the Man City-fans care very little about this, so you need to brush up your punches mate.

OldSchoolManc

Without your ill gotten gains, you are that very trash you speak of.
The most un-classy team and fans ever.
No humility whatsoever.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Nope, not even a little bit. In fact knowing we have an owner who puts into the club instead of taking out is a great feeling.
Wonderful. So if the world's richest person takes over another club, pumps £10billion into them and they win the title, will that still be a great feeling?

You have an empty victory, bought and not earned.

Irrational.

Your forgetting their most important record of all. The one without which none of it is possible. The spending record.

Bought every single thing you’ve just listed.
Yep, all those achievements are pretty hollow when you bear in mind they're just an Arab plaything. Means feck all. A decade ago they were irrelevant, getting beat 8-1 by Boro. Nothing has been earned by them, everything handed to them on a plate. A very expensive plate.

They've just activated cheat mode on Football Manager.

(Not bitter)

Nickosaur

I know it doesn't really matter but that last minute city goal to get them 100 points has deflated me somewhat

Denis_unwise

100 points - Check
Largest ever GD - Check
Fluffing your lines big time in the 3 biggest games in your history - check

OldBoyLanny

English fans whining about other English teams spending a lot of money... the hypocrisy is strong

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Two assists for Walker-Peters today. Shame he has only played 7 senior game aged 21.
Like a lot of young fullbacks you see, he looked good going forward, sketchy in defense. Having said that Aurier was a walking disaster, seems every time I watched Spurs play Aurier was on a yellow dancing a fine line to a red or giving away a penalty.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Next step for City has to be getting to a CL final, much more important to establish themselves in Europe than win more titles in England now.

Big challenge for Pep. It's possible to buy the league but buying the Champions League is impossible, teams usually have to grow together for that to happen.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I can tell you from experience, moaning about their spending only makes the victory a little bit sweeter. It's much more fun to beat a bitter rival than a classy and respectful one.

redhoop

Now Leicester winning was really noteworthy and deserving of gloating lists. City were often really impressive but the rest of us were shit (not their fault, of course - you can only beat what is put in front of you, as we often did). But, they were given the golden goose and they are enjoying the feast, so I can't get excited about that - or genuinely upset either. They don't even feel like local rivals, weirdly. I won't be losing sleep over it like I will about the resurgence of the Dippers who have (sickeningly) clawed their way back into genuine contention for being a dominant force in the more traditional way. Bleurgh.

Member 90887

100 points - Check
Largest ever GD - Check

Most money spent in the summer - Check
Most Money spent in January - Check
Most Money spent on Defenders - Check
First premier league winning team to go with less than a full bench instead of taking a young player - check
First premier league winner team to be battered in the CL by the 4th placed team in the PL - (not sure)
Biggest anti-climax in a title win - check

1st - KDB 16
2nd - Sane 15
J3rd - David Silva 11

Here, you missed a few facts.

Congrats :).

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
100 points - Check
Largest ever GD - Check

1st - KDB 16
2nd - Sane 15
J3rd - David Silva 11

Terrific league season no doubt. Congrats, but I think there should be a big regret about how you lot were trashed by Liverpool in CL.

Classical Mechanic

Like a lot of young fullbacks you see, he looked good going forward, sketchy in defense. Having said that Aurier was a walking disaster, seems every time I watched Spurs play Aurier was on a yellow dancing a fine line to a red or giving away a penalty.
He needs to play to get better though. He's always done well for Spurs in the few appearances he's had.

Seveneric

If you're going to be bitter, at least be upfront about it and stop hiding behind prissy, sanctimonous nonsense about City's win being "shallow", "Arab plaything", like that's supposed to be a counter to a team who just handily won th league and smashed numerous records along the way. Deranged lot :lol:

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Terrific league season no doubt. Congrats, but I think there should be a big regret about how you lot were trashed by Liverpool in CL.
That's fair enough it was a disappointment but the two goals we had chalked off made a massive difference

Chipper

Adulterer.
Think if I was Spurs I'd trade finishing one place higher for a spot in the Champions League final.
And I'd swap United's 2nd place for 4th and being in it too. Still, you know what it's like, the pettiness of football fans. If we could finish 2nd or 3rd today Liverpool fans would ideally see us finish 3rd.

Of course, you could have finished in 3 different positions at the start of the day but it was clear from early on that 5th wasn't going to happen so 4th is the best (or worst) that people could hope for you today.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah, it’s like a collective memory loss.
They are basically MK Dons with unlimited funds.
It's makes me laugh that they act like anything they do is an achievement. Every team that's been bought and funded like they have have gone on to win their league.
The additional 'achievements' this year are fishy as feck considering Pep's history and that it's not been done before by better teams.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Finally some away points! Really enjoyable game to say goodbye to Arséne, with Huddersfield giving it a real go (unlucky not to score a couple).

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Meh, first leg sure, but at the end of the day they got proper screwed by an incompetent ref.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sky sports wanking over liverpools “unbelievable” 3rd place finish.

Sorry 4th place finish, even worse!