Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Atmosphere has pretty much died since Liverpool scored

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Annoying as feck but Salah is one of the PL greats at this point.

mav_9me

Despite this disaster, Phillips looks great. Probably be a better option for us than Rice

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Somehow we drew 0-0 with them at Elland Road last season though.
Now that was one game where they did actually change the way they usually play if you remember. Camped in their own half and shut the game down.

PoTMS

Honestly Gary, you don't need to say honestly all the time. Guy only deals in extremes.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Leeds will do well to keep 11 on the pitch today. That's a few body checks already.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I thought bielsa ball, was fast paced, intense organised pressing. Cause I feel like I never see that watching Leeds.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Leeds have a chance on the counter if they tidy up the final ball but they look so vulnerable. Liverpool are playing well but it's hard to read too much into it, same as us on the opening day, when Leeds are this open.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Love how Leeds fans are cheering every time Liverpool miss, when they could easily be 4-0 down in the first 25 minutes.

But oh well, another "playing attractive, brilliant Bielsa football" trophy at the end of this game no doubt.

Chief123

Similar to the United game really where they made us look like world-beaters. Making Liverpool look better than they actually are.
To be fair, I don’t think an opponent can make Liverpool “look better than they actually are”. Liverpool with their strongest XI are still an absolutely brilliant team and one of the best in Europe.

I’m actually shocked how so many people are writing them off as potential title winners. All talk is just about City, Chelsea and Utd. I know Liverpool squad isn’t as deep but if they can avoid major injuries they are absolutely in a title race.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A crap defender comes off for an even crapper defender...great.

Cpt Negative

Can see Leeds going down this season. Teams will have worked them out and they don’t seem to be able to adapt.

Teja

I thought bielsa ball, was fast paced, intense organised pressing. Cause I feel like I never see that watching Leeds.
The organized bit isn’t quite working today. Liverpool almost always making a free man. Thiago’s been class.

Chief123

Love how Leeds fans are cheering every time Liverpool miss, when they could easily be 4-0 down in the first 25 minutes.

But oh well, another "playing attractive, brilliant Bielsa football" trophy at the end of this game no doubt.
It’s bordering on kamikaze suicidal football. Surely it gets to a point where the players start getting fed up of being spanked and having to still man mark running around all game regardless of the scoreline.

Leeds really do need a plan B against bigger teams.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
To be fair, I don’t think an opponent can make Liverpool “look better than they actually are”. Liverpool with their strongest XI are still an absolutely brilliant team and one of the best in Europe.

I’m actually shocked how so many people are writing them off as potential title winners. All talk is just about City, Chelsea and Utd. I know Liverpool squad isn’t as deep but if they can avoid major injuries they are absolutely in a title race.
Not from what I've seen from them this season so far. Don't think they've been great and you can't take anything from this game. Were also garbage last season.

mav_9me

Only reason Leeds may stay up is between Burnley, Norwich and Watford there are possibly 3 worse teams.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The organized bit isn’t quite working today. Liverpool almost always making a free man. Thiago’s been class.
They are a good pressing team up against one of the most possession comfortable sides in Europe.

Chief123

Not from what I've seen from them this season so far. Don't think they've been great and you can't take anything from this game. Were also garbage last season.
If you are simply basing it on this season so far, then the exact same can be said about us. We haven’t been great so far either.

Surely you can see the difference between last season and this season for Liverpool? They’ve literally got 4 top class centre backs which they didn’t have last season.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
It’s bordering on kamikaze suicidal football. Surely it gets to a point where the players start getting fed up of being spanked and having to still man mark running around all game regardless of the scoreline.

Leeds really do need a plan B against bigger teams.
I don't understand how Leeds fans don't feel patronised by what is basically 'good effort' praise every game they lose. Surely at some point they have to start turning it into results. Tough start to the season, I get it, but I don't buy the luvvie aura Leeds have.

Chief123

We are a Fabinho away from winning it all.
Absolutely this. A Kante or Fabinho makes us favourites for the title this season. Which is why it’s frustrating we still haven’t addressed that area.

GlasgowCeltic

They're brilliant and will be up there again in all comps. Would be an amazing achievement if they won it given the cash thrown around by the other three

TsuWave

1. Neither is Crystal Palace and Manchester United :lol: One is a middling Premier League team that occasionally sees relegation or relegation struggle. The other is one of the biggest sports teams in the world with a stadium with a max capacity of 76 000 and sells out every matchweek (pre-corona). Crystal Palace has a capacity of 26000 and is a significantly lesser club with a lesser heritage.

2. Achievements tend to define careers. In fact, achievements is one of the definitions of having a career in the first place.

3. Manchester United is one of the top10 biggest football clubs in the world (no rank assosciated). Crystal Palace (to use one example) slots in around 150. Most professional footballers very much care about reaching the higher echelons of their sport. Scoring at the Stretford End in front of 76 thousand roaring football fans tends to put a bigger impact on a player than a home game at Selhurst park. The two aren't comparable clubs. The only thing they have in comparison is that they play in the same football league.

You're arguing that nothing matters unless you win, which is frankly a little bit depressing. Learn to enjoy the journey.
I don’t know if you people are on drugs. United and Crystal Palace play in the same tier of English football you lunatics. You dead said “they play in the same football league” later in your post, which contextually is what I was referring to.

“achievements tend to define careers” is equivalent to saying “the sun will rise”. what the hell are you even on about with the rest of your post? Daniel James played as a sub for a couple of years at United. accomplishing nothing. Zaha has been playing in the prem for years, starter and star player at his club. scoring and contributing plenty for his club to remain a prem club. Daniel James participated in a europa league final, which United didn’t even win. How the hell do you type that silly essay trying to argue that at this point Daniel James has had a better career than Zaha?

Last edited:

PoTMS

Absolutely this. A Kante or Fabinho makes us favourites for the title this season. Which is why it’s frustrating we still haven’t addressed that area.
If I knew it was either Sancho or a DM, I would've absolutely taken the latter. We are stacked in the forward positions.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Leeds are jogging around it’s bizarre. No energy at all. Haven’t got going this season.