Premier League Gameweek 5

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Early days but looking at Edson Alvarez's performances so far we may have some company in the club of giving a so called lesser side loads of money and helping them improve as a result.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Never thought of this. Is it always Wed-Sat? Can’t it be Wed-Sun? Interested to see the day of the week mapping of European to domestic cup matches.
It's because it isn't true. You can have Tuesday Saturday, Tuesday Sunday, Wednesday Sunday for CL. You can only ever have Thursday Sunday for Europa.

You're also far more likely to be travelling to places further away in the Europa, at least in the early stages, compared to the cl.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Looking at stats in the City game 17 shots and 7 on target and still haven't scored is crazy. Almost similar to Spurs too except they have 12 shots and 7 on target.

wr8_utd

:'(
Both Liverpool and Arsenal will finish above City this season unless Kdb returns sooner than expected.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It's because it isn't true. You can have Tuesday Saturday, Tuesday Sunday, Wednesday Sunday for CL. You can only ever have Thursday Sunday for Europa.

You're also far more likely to be travelling to places further away in the Europa, at least in the early stages, compared to the cl.
Strangely the two times we've been in it it didn't really adversely affect us atall.

And we didn't have strong depth in those seasons before anyone (not you necessarily) responds with that.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Both Liverpool and Arsenal will finish above City this season unless Kdb returns sooner than expected.
I can't see it unless one of them storms to an unassailable lead by October like Liverpool did in 19/20.

As we saw last season even if someone gets ahead for the business end City will almost certainly hold their nerve better.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football

That's what I thought but wasn't sure.

wr8_utd

:'(
I can't see it unless one of them storms to an unassailable lead by October like Liverpool did in 19/20.

As we saw last season even if someone gets ahead for the business end City will almost certainly hold their nerve better.
I know City have done it multiple times in the past but there's something just very meh about them this season. Maybe things change if KDB returns sooner than expected but just can't see it with them this season.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Strangely the two times we've been in it it didn't really adversely affect us atall.

And we didn't have strong depth in those seasons before anyone (not you necessarily) responds with that.
Yep, not saying it would necessarily affect every club in the same way.

Regardless, I don't think our accurate to say that the time frames are the same, when CL clubs clearly have more time.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I know City have done it multiple times in the past but there's something just very meh about them this season. Maybe things change if KDB returns sooner than expected but just can't see it with them this season.
I agree it's not vintage City (although that was said last season until around Febuary aswell) but I still think they'll win it similar to how you did under Fergie even with some meh teams.

I just simply think their experience and know how in a title race will see them through unless they let someone go beyond double figures.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I agree. It’s in all our best interest that Pep‘s City lose steam. That said Moyes is really a good coach especially this season.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Count Doku has been looking good

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wouldn’t piss on these United players if they were on fire.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Couldn't watch the games, fecking shopping :mad:, but Utd must be doing reasonably ok. I was expecting a bigger scoreline by now.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
ETH is going to need a lot of luck to still be in charge by next summer.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
ETH is going to need a lot of luck to still be in charge by next summer.
He doesn’t need luck, he just needs to stop picking shite fecking line ups

PepG

Supports
Ajax
City are on a steamrolling mode already..just the level of play is not that high yet. Another 100 points season incoming?!

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Haaland finally gets his goal, should have been on around 4 in this match.