Premier League Gameweek 7

Idxomer

Lack of quality has caught up with Sheffield badly this season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Sheffield are busted flush. A miracle if they finish above 15th this season.

RashyForPM

I predicted 2nd season syndrome from the first loss against Wolves. It was blatantly obvious.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Their fixtures have been insane but this won’t have helped their confidence. I think they deserved at least a point vs Liverpool.
This and injuries to key players. A lot of people are just seeing the results and presuming the worst.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
If Sheff U had a good no9 I think they would dp a lot better. Struggling to score, but often play better than results show. They could also do better on the counter if they had more pace up front.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They barely scored any goals last season, but got through it with an exceptional defensive set up.
Henderson out, O Connell out for the season injured, surprise factor totally gone, and it was always a bad mix.

In fairness though, City at home isn't the time to write their death note. But all the other games have been.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If Sheff U had a good no9 I think they would dp a lot better. Struggling to score, but often play better than results show. They could also do better on the counter if they had more pace up front.
That brought Brewster in for about 20m didn't they? It's a general lack of quality across the park now.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
You know it’s bad when Man City haven’t had to make any tactical fouls :lol:

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Disagree with comments about strikers, they won’t score with this current set up. Could put Lewandowski in there and get same results.

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
Sheffield allergic to crossing the ball today it seems...

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Berge is great, but he has so much more in him. He can waltz his way past people and he has great pace. He should use that a lot more for both club and country. He is definitely made for bigger clubs though.

Varun

Staff
Sheffield and Fulham pretty much bankers for relegation this season

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Berge is great, but he has so much more in him. He can waltz his way past people and he has great pace. He should use that a lot more for both club and country. He is definately made for bigger clubs though.
He’s being pushed forward so he can do it more often. He was supposed to become our deepest midfielder but he’s shown his ability to drive forward and it’d be wasted putting him there.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Blades only scored 3 goals this season so far, two of them penalties??
Shpenfield United.
Score for 1-1 from penalty, for all I care

DRM

What's happened to Sheffield United? A shadow of the team from last season

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Important players out, not the easiest fixtures and just in bad shape generally. Thought our performance at Anfield was the start of something but

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
He’s being pushed forward so he can do it more often. He was supposed to become our deepest midfielder but he’s shown his ability to drive forward and it’d be wasted putting him there.
He played great as DM in Genk. But he was not often involved on the offensive. I agree with you. May be he just needs some time to adjust, but I do feel he could be a little more intensive and direct in his play. He does enjoy sideways passes and slow play a bit too much but is getting better and more consistent in general though.

Bojan11

They lacked goals last season. Just defensively they were very solid. Now that has gone they were always going to struggle.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
He played great as DM in Genk. But he was not often involved on the offensive. I agree with you. May be he just needs some time to adjust, but I do feel he could be a little more intensive and direct in his play. He does enjoy sideways passes and slow play a bit too much but is getting better and more consistent in general though.
He’s a real bright spark for us at the moment