Premier League Gameweek 7

el3mel

Actually feel a little bit for Brighton. From what I have seen from them against us and today, they play really well and end up losing anyway.

Big win for Spurs though.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Not a great performance from us but we got the win which is all that matters. Fantastic to see Bale score.

Untd55

Actually feel a little bit from Brighton. From what I have seen from them against us and today, they play really well and end up losing anyway.

Big win for Spurs though.
They played well against Chelsea also, but 0 points from them. They just don't have the goalscorers; their general play is really good, though.

They also battered Crystal Palace and still only drew (Palace only had 1 shot to Brighton's 20).

el3mel

They played well against Chelsea also, but 0 points from them. They just don't have the goalscorers; their general play is really good, though.

They also battered Crystal Palace and still only drew (Palace only had 1 to Brighton's 20).
Their fans must be frustrated with this, but if they keep this job I think it'll click for them at one point.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Brighton just lack that go to match winner to step up at key points like we do with Grealish and Palace do with Zaha.

At 1-1 they had the momentum but no Maupay on the pitch who can at least score on occasions. Then they give away cheap goal and it all fizzled out.

They've only won 4 games in about their last 24 matches so simply can't translate enough good performances into 3 points.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Pundits in the Irish studio saying Kane penalty should have been a foul the other way. And the Brighton goal should have been called back. Got to say I agree with both.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Jose needs to find himself. This is getting ridiculous, even for him. His early teams would bulldoze the minnows at home. Yes, this isn't as quality, but he's still got Kane, Sone, Lo Celso.

If it keeps going like this, it may be best that he retires.
I think hes doing pretty good, second with the best goal difference in the league.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Brighton played well and are a decent striker away from being a good team
Potter is a quality coach, he has that team performing well and not seeing the results. Problem is that's not sustainable, if the results dont start to come he will be another casualty of team punching above its weight financially.

croadyman

Know there are some Utd fans on here who don't like Spurs but gotta respect how they have ground out these last two league wins

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Know there are some Utd fans on here who don't like Spurs but gotta respect how they have ground out these last two league wins
I think most of the dislike comes from one certain Spurs poster.

On a different note why did RM sell Reguilon? He looks great every time I have seen him and will only get better. Defensively he has some ways to go but was that the reason they shipped him out? I realise they have Marcelo and Mendy in that spot, but Marcelo is 32 and not getting any younger.

MattofManchester

Actually, these games remind me of how much Mourinho has lost his vibe. Although Spurs have won, peak Mourinho would have had his teams a little more dominant in the game, imposing themselves on it.
It's the big games he sat back and countered in.

He's fallen far, far from that winning manager.

croadyman

On a different note why did RM sell Reguilon? He looks great every time I have seen him and will only get better. Defensively he has some ways to go but was that the reason they shipped him out? I realise they have Marcelo and Mendy in that spot, but Marcelo is 32 and not getting any younger.
We were right not to go for him due to the buyback clause but yeah there is no doubt he has started well

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Apparently there is some problem between ZZ and him, he is Real through and through but I don't think Madrid will buy him back with ZZ in charge.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Reguilon looks very talented - he is rapid and has a lovely cross on him. Defensively he is clearly not the finished article but I've been really impressed with him so far and has brought balance to our team as an attacking threat on the left. Whatever is going on between himself and Madrid I hope it continues and we manage to get him on a permanent deal. I'm sure he will go back to Madrid though because he is certainly good enough to be playing there.

I have no problem with us having him on loan - even if it's only for a year he is making a difference to us as a team and that's what we need.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Spurs, Arsenal, City or Liverpool. Much prefer Spurs to win it over any of those sides. Even with Mou in charge.
After Mourinho was sacked here, lot's of his supporters proclaimed 'Mourinho will win a trophy before United win another one'. We don't want that to be proved correct now, especially as Spurs winning their first ever PL :D

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
After Mourinho was sacked here, lot's of his supporters proclaimed 'Mourinho will win a trophy before United win another one'. We don't want that to be proved correct now, especially as Spurs winning their first ever PL :D
Spurs are not winning the title, and whilst I think their attack is good enough their defence simply is not, having said that they are definitely in the mix for top 4. The attack of Bale Son and Kane has the fire power to get them that CL spot, people acting on here like Bale needs a walker, hip replacement and hearing aid, he is younger than Cavani, Ronaldo, Marcelo, just needs to shake the rust off. Definitely needs to be managed game wise as well, as his injury history suggests. The next few weeks after their next game against West Brom see them play Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Palace, Liverpool, Leicester, Wolves. They sit second because they have played Burnley, Brighton, Hammers, us(and we are terrible, we are 15th says it all), Newcastle, Southampton and Everton.

I think Liverpool will get there, even without VVD, City will push them all the way. Still dont see Chelsea, Spurs, or anyone else bridging that gap to Pool and City.

RedDevil@84

If I am betting, I would bet on Pool keeping the trophy. Spurs don't have the depth and things will start to go down if key players get injured or tired.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Spurs, Arsenal, City or Liverpool. Much prefer Spurs to win it over any of those sides. Even with Mou in charge.
Arsenal aren't in any conversation about winning the league, surely. They've basically had a similarly underwhelming start to us, except that they haven't trousered a 6-1, and managed to skimp a win yesterday.
And Tottenham most likely aren't either, as we'll probably see the other side of their tough run of games shortly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That slightly worrying moment when you realise Fulham, who have been utterly woeful this season, are just 3 points behind us in November.

croadyman

That slightly worrying moment when you realise Fulham, who have been utterly woeful this season, are just 3 points behind us in November.
Yeah but some people will still blindly believe that Ole is the right manager

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah but some people will still blindly believe that Ole is the right manager
When we drill Istanbul and as good as qualify for the next round on Wednesday, opinion will swing back.
It'll be one of those seasons.

croadyman

When we drill Istanbul and as good as qualify for the next round on Wednesday, opinion will swing back.
Not for me because a team who will press us to death is likely to be just around the corner

Wayne's World

Yeah looking forward to that and having United fans throw every insult back at you for questioning Ole for the past few months. :rolleyes:

Going in circles under Ole and will never be on the right track ever

croadyman

Yeah looking forward to that and having United fans throw every insult back at you for questioning Ole for the past few months. :rolleyes:

Going in circles under Ole and will never be on the right track ever
Doesn't matter what the result is on Wednesday because we are still a complete liability in the league

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Leeds should’ve scored. Leicester do score!