Premier League Gameweek 7

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
That a penalty on Kane? Looked outside the box to me, VAR strikes again..

Also where's Maupay at? Without him Brighton basically won't score. Maybe Welbz to save the day
Brighton have looked good, but no real focal point up top and it all breaks down. Lallana with some clever runs in behind, Lamptey has looked a threat, but looks up for someone in the box to fire a cross into and no one there. For all the clever play Brighton have done they have not worked Lloris.

Spurs look in second gear, they are the home team and in the lead, but one goal never safe in prem, where is the desire to go get a second or third?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That a penalty on Kane? Looked outside the box to me, VAR strikes again..

Also where's Maupay at? Without him Brighton basically won't score. Maybe Welbz to save the day

Given the line counts as part of the box, that's pretty clearly inside.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Brighton have looked good, but no real focal point up top and it all breaks down. Lallana with some clever runs in behind, Lamptey has looked a threat, but looks up for someone in the box to fire a cross into and no one there. For all the clever play Brighton have done they have not worked Lloris.

Spurs look in second gear, they are the home team and in the lead, but one goal never safe in prem, where is the desire to go get a second or third?
You have basically described Brighton's season so far, they have been playing well but cant get a win.... I have scudded us now.

HJ12

Son and Kane dive 2 second apart in the penalty area...no yellow for either? Seems like they're deliberately going over easily in the box.

Anustart89

No wonder players dive when there are no repercussions. Kane and Son with a flop each within 30 seconds, both which obviously tried to cheat the ref, and none of them booked so they can have another go in a minute.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Son and Kane dive 2 second apart in the penalty area...no yellow for either? Seems like they're deliberately going over easily in the box.
Couple of scandalous dives there.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No wonder players dive when there are no repercussions. Kane and Son with a flop each within 30 seconds, both which obviously tried to cheat the ref, and none of them booked so they can have another go in a minute.
It's like refs have forgotten the part in the rules where a dive is a booking.

Having to have VAR check decisions AND give a booking seems to much for them to handle doing.

Like when that dolt the other week let Pickford off with utterly annihilating Van D.

HJ12

Couple of scandalous dives there.
I wonder if this is by instruction though. If the ref gives a penalty, VAR will only overturn it if the error is clear and obvious. And if the attacking player can somehow manufacture a touch, the penalty will stand (wouldn't have done so in these instances mind you). Kane is not normally one to go over easily.

mu4c_20le

Liverpool made diving great again.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is why I said the VAR should be like Cricket. Right now the refs dont know what they are doing and is bypassing so many problems.

I felt like if each team had 2 enquiries a game then players would be worried about diving and waiting an VAR enquiry on that. Today matic asked for a pen when I didnt think it was - he wouldnt have done that if we had to use our VAR more wisely.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This will be chalked off.

Big warning for Spurs though. Surely after West Ham they should be going all out for the second unless they're dead on their feet already.

To have any hope of title challenge they simply have to win games like this.

MattofManchester

That's a shocking decision.

Refs need some sort of discipline system, because the amount of bad calls just keep on coming and there's no kind of reprimand for it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
O.k perhaps not. :lol: 5 live were convinced it was a foul.

Huge 30 minutes for Spurs coming up. They simply can't let another home game they're leading pass them by. Feels like a night where Bale might actually do something.

Hulksmash

What is wrong with English refs bloody hell. I have never seen a more blatant foul

HJ12

Genuinely confused as to what the ref saw on the monitor there! :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just looking at the stats, Spurs with two shots on target, two off and two corners after an hour. Dosen't suggest to me they're pinning Brighton back in their own half and they've been lax on the lead. Have I got that wrong Spurs fans?

Snoooked

Yes, it's a foul, but there was another 30 seconds of play afterwards...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How the heck has the ref given that?!

Does he think the Brighton guy skimmed the ball an absolute miniscule fraction!?

Haha at Tottenham. Bit gutted I have Lamptey 3rd sub!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Never a foul. Fair fecks to the ref for sticking by his decision.
Never a foul?!

Did you forget the part the player has to at least get the ball? He doesn't even skim it!

cjj

Supports
Spurs
If that isn't blatant evidence of what we're dealing with with bent refs then I don't know what is!

Gordon S

I desperately want spurs to lose but that was 100% a freekick, how can he look at it 20 times and still think it is a fair challenge?