g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 7

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Enjoying Burnley's downfall. Shit team with a fantasy narrative concocted around them with regards to limited resources. Purely by virtue of being in the Prem they earn more than many, many historic European teams.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He's a cry baby. If he loves them so much, why doesn't he play for them? Because Shitty pay him a gazillion £££ a week. Does every footballer play for the club he supports?

You might be able to understand it more, if this was the game that relegated them, but we've barely started the season and City we're expected to hammer them.
What are you sipping right now? Last week I was sipping some white rum

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Burnley and Sheff Utd look fecked this season. I still think Sheff Utd might be able to dig themselves out but it’s time Burnley fecked off.

Walters_19_MuFc

Can anyone tell me how Chelsea set up today, please? I've just seen the lineup and have noticed Kante is the only recognised centre midfielder in the team.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Chelsea played Wed-Sat.

That's the same as Thursday-Sunday.

Just shows that the Europa league excuse is a bit lame. Just means your squad isnt good enough.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Can anyone tell me how Chelsea set up today, please? I've just seen the lineup and have noticed Kante is the only recognised centre midfielder in the team.
433, two number 8s. Like when Pep set up with KDB and David Silva in a 3 man midfield.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Why are Chelsea not drawing/losing? They had a midweek game. You're supposed to drop points after midweek European games and then claim "fatigue!".

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Think this will be the season for Burnley.

Paying for having the worst transfer window of any club in the league

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Both havertz and mount have been great today both put a shift in defensively

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Reece James has been Chelsea's best player since the beginning of the season. Too bad we could not get both siblings.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Or perhaps it shows the benefits of an easy PL fixture after playing in Europe mid-week?
Bit of recency bias here for me - Burnley have been poor this season yes but I'd be hard pressed to call away at Turf Moor an easy fixture, especially as it's our 3rd away game in a row (all of which involved not-insignificant travel).

Web of Bissaka

It's because Pulisic got injured at the tail end of the warm-up and most of our reserve options who traveled wouldn't have been ready at kick off.
Eh, other than Pulisic, Chelsea's all other first team players are also out injured?

Wouldn't it be better to put an outfield reserve player instead?
Would boost the confidence of such player and who knows Lampard may even need one in this expected fatigue-inducing season.

Walters_19_MuFc

433, two number 8s. Like when Pep set up with KDB and David Silva in a 3 man midfield.
Fair enough. Looks to have worked, and you've got the perfect holding midfielder in Kante to allow it to work, just like Fernandinho did for City.

Who did Lamps play as the 8's?