Premier League Gameweek 8

Irrational.

Considering you can't analyze and explain why a penalty save is a great save, i suppose you should avoid quite a lot of things related to football.
I'll just have to disagree with you on this one I guess.

Maybe you could get a job as a GK coach at a top PL club and just tell the keepers not to bother practicing penalties as it's all luck anyway, and if they manage to save the spot kick it's not a great save.

What a save from Schmeichel. Or in your case, a lucky dive guessing the direction of the ball where Neves was shooting. The ball simply hit his outstretched hand.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Any chance that Firmino is the one playing in the midfield three?
I'd say not quite midfield. If I had to guess I'd say 4231. Jota up top, Firmino as a no.10 in between Mane and Salah.

Looking at both teams I knda fancy Liverpool, Cancelo can't defend and I never enjoy Rodri/Gundo together (either or is fine. For all the shit I give them they have been our best players when they haven't played together but individually this season.) Gundo's been great since getting back from covid. I'd much rather have seen Ake for Cancelo and maybe Bernardo for Rodri with Gundo at 6. Happy to see Torres play ahead of Mahrez, he's earned it.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Wow, that Liverpool line up.

Gotta give props to Klopp. He does not give a shit about the opposition, zero fecks given. Simply just puts his strongest XI out there. None of this adapting his game to the opposition bullshit, the opposition have to adapt to him.

It will either end up a City massacre or he could be destroyed in a blaze of glory.
This is what I'm thinking. If we start of slow and poorly and go 2-0 down after 30 mins or so I don't see us turning it around with the options on our bench. The teams set up to attack from the get go and we can't get that right then there doesn't look much hope.

Pep's Suit

Mahrez dropped from the squad so guess Sam Lee was right... Anyway, he never really fitted a Pep-style team so hopefully he's moved soon and replaced with a more direct, faster winger.

UncleBob

I'll just have to disagree with you on this one I guess.

Maybe you could get a job as a GK coach at a top PL club and just tell the keepers not to bother practicing penalties as it's all luck anyway, and if they manage to save the spot kick it's not a great save.

What a save from Schmeichel. Or in your case, a lucky dive guessing the direction of the ball where Neves was shooting. The ball simply hit his outstretched hand.
Great, another bizarre rant based on nothing i've actually claimed :lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Next thing you know they'll let players wear padded armour on their shins to prevent injury.
:lol: Huh?

If I'm playing against someone covered in oil and we both go for a header, I am going to end up with that shit all over me! I try to wipe it off my face and now its on my hands so I can't take throw-ins. Not sure how wearing shinpads is remotely comparable.

Why not just cover yourself in shit so nobody wants to go near you.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Bit worried about how we’ll control the game. We struggled in recent games playing a 4-2-3-1. Glad Jota is starting. No way this ends 0-0.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Mahrez dropped from the squad so guess Sam Lee was right... Anyway, he never really fitted a Pep-style team so hopefully he's moved soon and replaced with a more direct, faster winger.
What did Sam Lee say?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
:lol: Huh?

If I'm playing against someone covered in oil and we both go for a header, I am going to end up with that shit all over me! I try to wipe it off my face and now its on my hands so I can't take throw-ins. Not sure how wearing shinpads is remotely comparable.

Why not just cover yourself in shit so nobody wants to go near you.
I was only joking.

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
I can see us winning 4-0 but just as easily losing 4-0... don’t think there’ll be a middle ground, will be a tense watch...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Spurs hopes dashed already, Leicester top and look really good at both ends.

Epicdash

Thanks for giving Portugal FC a taste of their own medicine, Foxes.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Are Aguero and Jesus involved today?

Pep's Suit

About what? Whats happened?
What did Sam Lee say?
That in last few weeks De Bruyne, Aguero and Fernandinho had a go at Mahrez for being selfish etc. He just doesn't seem a team-player and looks like it escalated before this match.

Anyway, I think it ends 1-1. Starting Gundogan-Rodri in midfield seems a bit ridiculous, should have been Bernardo instead of Rodri but then Pep would have no 'positive' option on the bench so who knows. There's also Foden but like I said few times before, he performs well only in 1 game out of 5.

Classical Mechanic

That in last few weeks De Bruyne, Aguero and Fernandinho had a go at Mahrez for being selfish etc. He just doesn't seem a team-player and looks like it escalated before this match.

Anyway, I think it ends 1-1. Starting Gundogan-Rodri in midfield seems a bit ridiculous, should have been Bernardo instead of Rodri but then Pep would have no 'positive' option on the bench so who knows. There's also Foden but like I said few times before, he performs well only in 1 game out of 5.
I’ve always thought that about Mahrez. He does good numbers but he wont go to the next level until he starts playing his team mates in more.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I can see us winning 4-0 but just as easily losing 4-0... don’t think there’ll be a middle ground, will be a tense watch...
You can see yourselves winning 4-0 at City?
Is there no end to Scouser delusion :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Really need a City win here to smash open the league.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Jesus starts, Kun still out.
Interesting no Mahrez then. Just looked at Man. City bench and it has 3 CBs and Zinchenko on so think that's the difference to last few years. This time with an injury or two Man. City have few game turning attacking options on the bench whereas in previous seasons you could put a Sane or David Silva on in this type of game. Or going back to previous title winning seasons likes of Dzeko as plan B option.

Think this will be high scoring draw.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Bit worried about how we’ll control the game. We struggled in recent games playing a 4-2-3-1. Glad Jota is starting. No way this ends 0-0.
I think Klopp has decided City are struggling for goals at the minute and better defensively (kind of the opposite of last season) and opted for an extra attacker to try and outgun us which is quite possible with Cancelo vs Mo Salah. Think that decision will be the inevitable difference and Pep should have went for Ake. Salah to score a brace in a 2-1 win for you guys.

Dr. StrangeHate

I suspect an easy Liverpool win, that City team other than Sterling and De Bruyne is at Manchester United level.

Epicdash

Klopp's gonna show Lampard how to cram all of your best attacking players into a team.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Liverpool team also surprised me a bit. When I saw Diogo Jota was starting I assumed he'd be in front trio instead of Firmino but Liverpool starting all four of them.

Can't remember last time Liverpool went into any premier league game with just two CMs so really surprised they're unloading central midfield away to Man. City of all teams. Who will be picking up KDB?

padr81

Supports
Man City
How's Aguero been when fit this season? Still as good or is he slowing down?
I think we are genuinely starting to see the beginning of the end, I don't think he'll finish this season as first choice, he's still lethal in front of goal and works hard but when he's played he's looked just slightly slower, also first time with us he's went 7 league games without scoring. Those games were intermittent though, but a season like this with little to no break is not good for a player with Kun's muscle problems. I think he'll be off to either Argentina or Inter in the summer.if I'm honest. Even Pep has come out and said he has to "earn" a new deal which isn't good given how little he's likely to feature. I'll be surpised if he started 20 league games this campagin to be honest.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think we are genuinely starting to see the beginning of the end, I don't think he'll finish this season as first choice, he's still lethal in front of goal and works hard but when he's played he's looked just slightly slower, also first time with us he's went 7 league games without scoring. Those games were intermittent though, but a season like this with little to no break is not good for a player with Kun's muscle problems. I think he'll be off to either Argentina or Inter in the summer.if I'm honest. Even Pep has come out and said he has to "earn" a new deal which isn't good given how little he's likely to feature. I'll be surpised if he started 20 league games this campagin to be honest.
New striker in January then? Jesus has good goals to game ratio but still feels he's below elite level and would still rather play Man. City with him upfront than Kun.

Deery

Dreary
I originally thought a Liverpool win because they just get it done no matter what but looking at midfield they are giving it up to City could see a DeBruyne masterclass with the extra man in midfield.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Interesting no Mahrez then. Just looked at Man. City bench and it has 3 CBs and Zinchenko on so think that's the difference to last few years. This time with an injury or two Man. City have few game turning attacking options on the bench whereas in previous seasons you could put a Sane or David Silva on in this type of game. Or going back to previous title winning seasons likes of Dzeko as plan B option.

Think this will be high scoring draw.
I don't know if he has a knock or the rumors that the players are sick of him are true, I know he constantly gets blasted by supporters and players for hogging the ball, refusing to play simple passes and being a greedy cnut. He honestly offers little to the press as well. He's an amazing player and when he's on it he's stunning to watch but in 4 out of every 5 games, he just seems to lighthearted and doesn't have the drive to fight. I think he'd excel elsewhere with more creative freedom and being the main man. With us he struggles to really to fit in his correct box. I think though the fact he's not on the bench suggest an injury to me.

Yeah we just haven't the attacking depth, that said given the team we have out, in normal circumstances we'd have Bernardo, Foden, Mahrez and Aguero all on the bench along with Steffen, Zinchenko and Ake which is pretty strong.

padr81

Supports
Man City
New striker in January then? Jesus has good goals to game ratio but still feels he's below elite level and would still rather play Man. City with him upfront than Kun.
I have a sneaky feeling and I may be wrong (I usually am), it'll be Kun to Inter on a free and Martinez to us for big money next summer. It'll be Jesus and Kun with Torres filling in this season though. Pep has already said the money isn't there.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I imagine if Fabinho Thiago and VVD were fit we’d be playing the three man midfield but with those three out looks like klopp has decided to go for it. Hope it works better than the last few times, we struggled against Sheffield with it so it might be trickier with city who’ll dominate the ball today.