Premier League Gameweek 8

Irrational.

Is it fair to say he's a better player than Pogba currently? Pogba has gone backwards.
Would agree with this. He’s currently delivering the level of performances we expect from Pogba. Minus the astronomical wages, the flirting with Madrid or the foreskin of an agent.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What happened with Partey? Was he subbed at half time

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Huh? Grealish would be marketable enough if he played for us. Come on Ed, get him!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Uf, tough one. Let me think for a minute.
Ok if he is loved and adored by English media.
They are always banging on about English managers not getting their chance at the big clubs. I was listening to Jim White show on Talksport on Friday and one of his co-contributers had the nerve to say Sean Dyche should get the chance to manager us.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That was a phenomenal display, and even Ty from Arse Fam tv would admit that should have been 5-0 or 6-0

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The talk will probably be about Arsenal but I think the focus here should be on Villa. They've been brilliant. 5 wins and 2 losses having played the teams that sit in 1st, 3rd and 4th place, beating two of them. Well done to bounce back so convincingly like that after hitting a slump which could have made their good start look like good form more than team quality.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
They are always banging on about English managers not getting their chance at the big clubs. I was listening to Jim White show on Talksport on Friday and one of his co-contributers had the nerve to say Sean Dyche should get the chance to manager us.
perfect oportunity to use all of these three:
:eek: :houllier: :nervous:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
League is utterly bizarre so far. To lose 3 games in a row and not win in 4 but still be 5 points from the top feels weird.

With the packed fixture list I think it's going to be like this until Christmas and then we will see a few teams pulling away at the top.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Arse clearly raised there game for us and we played even worse than we usually do and it took pogba to gift them the 3 points. They're much shittier than us.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This is why you don't fawn over signings like Willian, not even on a free transfer.

el3mel

Left the game during half time. Pretty well done job for Villa. They were controlling the game well during first half anyway.

Was thinking during the first half though, how terrible Willian has been for Arsenal so far ? He's pointless on the pitch and does absolutely nothing. Doesn't look like good business at all.

Tapori

The talk will probably be about Arsenal but I think the focus here should be on Villa. They've been brilliant. 5 wins and 2 losses having played the teams that sit in 1st, 3rd and 4th place, beating two of them. Well done to bounce back so convincingly like that after hitting a slump which could have made their good start look like good form more than team quality.
That 7-2 vs Liverpool, even if we take away the on the day 6-1 bitterness it reduced, was just an insane performance and my top 5 performances of any PL team in the past 30 years.

It's not the score it was the performance vs 11 and the difference in levels between the 2 sides. And they could have scored more!

Tapori

League is utterly bizarre so far. To lose 3 games in a row and not win in 4 but still be 5 points from the top feels weird.

With the packed fixture list I think it's going to be like this until Christmas and then we will see a few teams pulling away at the top.
Though it will never happen, I want the final day to come down to any of the top 6-8 teams can win it with various close scenarios and permutations.

Gasolin

Yep. That loss was more on him than Pogba. Completely fecked it up tactically.
We "lost" the tactical battle in the first half but didn't concede and had the biggest chance.
Then we fixed it, and we were aggressive enough.

The game was lost because the players couldn't play with the right intensity, not because of the tactical setup. If it was just tactics, us switching to 4 2 3 1 in the second half should have made us win, it did not, it only stopped the structural issues, but we don't win games without having players upping the tempo. That's all.

And we lost due to Pogba'a f****** up the defense. Without the penalty, the game goes on. Stop with the alternative facts. It doesn't mean Pogba is all bad, but he knows himself he let the team down at that moment.

Raredaredevil

Just when you thought Arsenal has rejuvenated under Arterta, they went on to lose 0-3 at home to Aston Villa. Makes our loss to them even more infuriating.