Premier League Gameweek 8

PoTMS

Because they're not remotely good enough. Doesn't matter if they're closer, being close doesn't win you any trophies.
Bullshit. This season is anyone's title. It'll be a team that ends up with 70-80 points that wins it. Liverpool and City look very beatable. Spurs when on form can beat anyone and also have a knack at eeking out wins this season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bullshit. This season is anyone's title. It'll be a team that ends up with 70-80 points that wins it. Liverpool and City look beatable. Spurs when on form can beat anyone.
So can Leicester.

cyberman

Spurs starting to play worse every week. Reverting to Joses mean of shit football and getting away with it with late goals.
Its a bit early in the season for it

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Phew great result for us there. Poor performance and WBA defended really well. I thought Hojbjerg was brilliant.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Spurs have to play twice, Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Liverpool.

Be amazed if they get more than 6 points from those 8 games

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Spurs are looking like us in 17/18. Play poorly but get wins every week.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The obsession with the early season table nowadays is mental. Micah Richards speculating that Leicester may be going out rattled by the late Spurs goal as though they’re both in some tense early-Spring run-in. The table doesn’t shape up until after Christmas for me.

bsCallout

Impossible to predict who will win the league this season. This will be the biggest opportunity for any of the teams below the traditional big 6.

Guy Incognito

Spurs have to play twice, Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Liverpool.

Be amazed if they get more than 6 points from those 8 games
Throw in Europa commitments and it's going to be tricky.

Still think they are on course to win something this season. League cup is made for mourinho.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bullshit. This season is anyone's title. It'll be a team that ends up with 70-80 points that wins it. Liverpool and City look very beatable. Spurs when on form can beat anyone and also have a knack at eeking out wins this season.
Not sure points range will be that low tbh. Certainly nowhere near 95 + points it's been for last 2-3 years (and Chelsea in 16/17 got around 90 points aswell) but I'd still expect title winners to exceed 85 points.

Liverpool won all four home games so far so 16 home wins gets them to 50 points and then just 10 away wins gets 80.

Would be amazed if this Spurs squad is capable of breaking 80 points. Mourinho will just set them up for draws away to better teams which will knock things down a bit.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I mentioned it earlier in the thread but their fixture list has been unbelievably kind to them so far and they still barely scraping by, that'll change towards the end of this month.
Jesus, 5 of their next 6 games are City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Leicester

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bullshit. This season is anyone's title. It'll be a team that ends up with 70-80 points that wins it. Liverpool and City look beatable. Spurs when on form can beat anyone.
It isn't bullshit, they've barely scraped by against Burnely and West Brom, croaked against West Ham. They simply are not good enough. The only half decent teams they've played are us and Everton, they beat us but we'd already been outplayed by Brighton and Palace at that point and they lost against Everton. They'll be in a battle for top 4 in December, by the time they've actually played a few decent teams.

The league really isn't anyone's, even without van Dijk Liverpool are still by far the best team. Those who capitalised on the chaotic start are already falling off.

Raredaredevil

Ugh I needed Son to score. Swapped him in from Bruno. :mad: Spurs win again. Mourinho's second season success is real. I genuinely think he might win them the league. The meltdown from Utd and Chelsea fans will be funny.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I fancy Spurs to let loose in the second half, scoring a ludicrous number of goals and embarrassing poor West Brom, further enhancing their title credentials in the process.

Can't help but be hugely impressed by this Spurs side.

AltiUn

Jesus, 5 of their next 6 games are City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Leicester
Yeah, it's why it's not worth worrying about them yet. If they get some really good results against those lot then I think we can talk about a Spurs title challenge.

AltiUn

I fancy Spurs to let loose in the second half, scoring a ludicrous number of goals and embarrassing poor West Brom, further enhancing their title credentials in the process.

Can't help but be hugely impressed by this Spurs side.
It's full time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Dimitri Payet's greatest trick was convincing english football that Bilic was a good manager

Crustanoid

Spurs lineup and football is looking better than Mourinho’s United after the same amount of time

Guy Incognito

Impossible to predict who will win the league this season. This will be the biggest opportunity for any of the teams below the traditional big 6.
I don't see how anyone will overhaul Liverpool or City.

Third and fourth is more unpredictable. Leicester have started well but we know what happens when Rodgers starts to lose momentum.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Dimitri Payet's greatest trick was convincing english football that Bilic was a good manager
Nope it was THAT Croatia win over Steve McClaren's England...

bsCallout

I don't see how anyone will overhaul Liverpool or City.

Third and fourth is more unpredictable. Leicester have started well but we know what happens when Rodgers starts to lose momentum.
Well Liverpool have already dropped 4 points, City have dropped 7. Liverpool are without VVD, and Thiago?

Neither team is playing to the level we'd expect. Both teams could easily be beaten by any of the top 6 + Wolves or Leicester.

Add into all that a packed schedule for everyone, particularly the big teams, and Liverpool not particularly having a deep squad.

Unfortunately for us, the winner of this league will probably be the one that consistently beats anyone below the top 6, irrelevant to how the perform in those 'big games'.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Despair these handballs being given all the time. He had the ball fired at him literally a yard away. VAR is a cancer on the game.

Deery

Dreary
Leicester really dominating Wolves so far wasn’t expecting this