Premier League Gameweek 8

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
City are 18 goals worse off after 7 games than last season
Last season there issue was there defense so far that has been decent this season outside the Leicester game, but now there offense has gone down there last 5 PL games

1-1
1-0
1-1
1-0
1-1

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
City cannot keep hold of the ball like they used to.

They really miss Silva who would never lose the ball while still being able to be creative and push forward.

Walker is shit. Although city did look better at the back but maybe it's Pep being conservative.

We need to get our shit together at both pool and city dont look great.

hubbuh

Last season there issue was there defense so far that has been decent this season outside the Leicester game, but now there offense has gone down there last 5 PL games

1-1
1-0
1-1
1-0
1-1
Wow! Terrible. With KdB and Sterling both off the boil they look a bit toothless.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Do players still think those way over the top reactions to having the ref call a foul on you will change the refs mind? You clearly fouled a player, the ref calls a foul and you put in a high school level performance of shock and dismay over the idea that the ref could possibly call it a foul. It's like watching 3 year olds lying to their parents thinking they're in any way clever about it.
I think the point is to sew doubt in the refs mind about the decision so that he either feels bad about giving the decision or make him feel wrong, and he’ll give a decision to the complaining team to make up for it :lol:

PoTMS

City are not finishing second. Liverpool look favourites for the title but I don't agree with others that Chelsea and Spurs can't challenge, especially if the latter bin off the Europa. Anyone who thinks Pool will still walk it are dreaming.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
So, even if we win our next game there is no guarantee we will be out of the bottom half. Outrageous league position after 7 games. Don't know about you guys, but I don't remember we fail this low ever. Is this our worst start in last 20 years?
If we win our game in hand we're only 3 points off top 4, look at it that way, it makes it easier to swallow. Last season was our worst ever start I believe.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Long old season this. Even if City are behind they're more injury resistant than most teams and have a very good chance if they're still in touch with the top of the league in January.

A lot of teams will be decimated with injuries for the back half of the season.

RUCK4444

1-1
1-0
1-1
1-0
1-1
I said a few games back that too much goes through Sterling imo.

They don’t seem to have the multiple dangers in the opposition box that they’ve always had over recent seasons.

Missing a fresh Aguero big time imo.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Great game. Always enjoy the matchups between Pep and Klopp. Both teams started to respect each other the longer the game went.

City will be disappointed to not leave this with a win, should have put away the penalty. Thought their selection was perfect barring Gundogan, would have started B Silva instead. Their defense is much better now, they need to put more chances away in games like this.

Firmino... What's up with him? Liverpool miss Thiago (not that they've used him much but their final ball was lacking so many times especially from the flanks). Gomez and Matip did well in defense, the goal was more on TAA.

How was it not a foul/penalty on Sterling but a penalty on Mane?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Pretty much, a race of attrition and squad depth. City look far more defensive this season whether it’s intentional or not I have no idea.
Absolutely, we've been different since the Leicester trashing. I think Pep realized this is not the season for gung ho football and crazy pressing. The way you guys wilted last 20 minutes today shows just how tough the going is. You were phenomenal first half an hour, bullying us. Probably unlucky not to be ahead at half time even though we had the peno miss. 2nd half I think we controlled you guys and looked the more likely as you tired.

I don't think either team has much reason for concern. Had we won, worst case scenario you'd be a point behind (given we won the game in hand), draw means nothing. I think of all the results City couldn't afford to lose today. That would have made a big gap.

Superunknown

He has 3 goals in 130 minutes this season....
I didn't say he was a bad striker or couldn't score. I said that he won't get the numbers that they need. Over the whole season, he won't score the 20+ league goals that Aguero scored. Plus, it's unfair on him to make him do it all by himself.

adexkola

Supports
That's insane. They badly need a stronger presence up front. Jesus won't get the numbers that they need.
How many goals was Jesus supposed to score this game?

This is his first game back. City were playing without a striker for a month. Once he and Aguero are back, if City aren't scoring still then they have a problem.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Has there ever been any single instance where a Daniel-Day Lewis dramatic ever reversed a referees decision on the spot? :lol:
Don't think that's the point to reverse the current challenge but you're rather trying to put doubt inside the head of the ref that if he's calling a foul and every time you're in complete shock he might doubt it the next time there's a close call and give it in your favor. Probably works in some degree on inexperienced refs but these refs just ignore it.

Classical Mechanic

Great game. Always enjoy the matchups between Pep and Klopp. Both teams started to respect each other the longer the game went.

City will be disappointed to not leave this with a win, should have put away the penalty. Thought their selection was perfect barring Gundogan, would have started B Silva instead. Their defense is much better now, they need to put more chances away in games like this.

Firmino... What's up with him? Liverpool miss Thiago (not that they've used him much but their final ball was lacking so many times especially from the flanks). Gomez and Matip did well in defense, the goal was more on TAA.

How was it not a foul/penalty on Sterling but a penalty on Mane?
:lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Massive bottle job by City, they had to win that

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I think the point is to sew doubt in the refs mind about the decision so that he either feels bad about giving the decision or make him feel wrong, and he’ll give a decision to the complaining team to make up for it :lol:
Yeah I know, I just don't believe that a ref like that is affected by it at all. As I said, the reaction isn't believable from someone like Diaz. Poor acting is poor acting.

Green_Red

Did Jesus just say "we have to attack like we have a gun in out pants"?

Superunknown

How many goals was Jesus supposed to score this game?

This is his first game back. City were playing without a striker for a month. Once he and Aguero are back, if City aren't scoring still then they have a problem.
I'm not on about one game. I'm on about the whole season. Over the whole season, he won't get the numbers that they need, if we're to assume that he will be leading the line for the majority of the season.

I think it goes without saying that City should have invested in a new striker in the Summer window. I'm not sure how there can be an argument against that.

adexkola

Supports
I'm not on about one game. I'm on about the whole season. Over the whole season, he won't get the numbers that they need, if we're to assume that he will be leading the line for the majority of the season.

I think it goes without saying that City should have invested in a new striker in the Summer window. I'm not sure how there can be an argument against that.
Eh I think he's a very good player and will get goals in this team. Only time will tell. Regardless, he can't do it on his own, they need Aguero back.

adexkola

Supports
:lol:

If ‘it‘ is disappearing so far up Guardiola‘s backside that you live in an alternative reality - then yes you’re the GOAT!
Er... Not sure how anyone not an idiot would interpret that post as me being up Guardiola (or Klopp)'s backside, but whatever works for you fantasy wise, I guess.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Absolutely, we've been different since the Leicester trashing. I think Pep realized this is not the season for gung ho football and crazy pressing. The way you guys wilted last 20 minutes today shows just how tough the going is. You were phenomenal first half an hour, bullying us. Probably unlucky not to be ahead at half time even though we had the peno miss. 2nd half I think we controlled you guys and looked the more likely as you tired.

I don't think either team has much reason for concern. Had we won, worst case scenario you'd be a point behind (given we won the game in hand), draw means nothing. I think of all the results City couldn't afford to lose today. That would have made a big gap.
Would completely agree with that, this is our toughest away game of the season, always fascinating to watch. Either way I think we’ll both end up being the top 2 one way or another.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I didn't say he was a bad striker or couldn't score. I said that he won't get the numbers that they need. Over the whole season, he won't score the 20+ league goals that Aguero scored. Plus, it's unfair on him to make him do it all by himself.
I think he will, his goals per minute is pretty good. Of course he's no Aguero but he's never had a full season up top. At City he has 70 goals in 155 games. 42 in 103 in the premier league and a lot of those appearances are as a sub. I don't think he'll ever be a Kun standard striker but I think he'll bag 18 or so goals a season in the league playing a full season. I think midfield and left back are much bigger problems for us. Midfield in particular for us going forward (if Pep insists on Guno and Rodri)

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
City are not finishing second. Liverpool look favourites for the title but I don't agree with others that Chelsea and Spurs can't challenge, especially if the latter bin off the Europa. Anyone who thinks Pool will still walk it are dreaming.
Liverpool are not the same force they were last season.

They aren't quite as potent in front of goal and look a little more susceptible to conceding at the other end, especially with VVD out of the side. I also think the league is stronger than ever in terms of depth.

They're still favourites, of course, just not the runaway favourites they were last year.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
fecking hell, still crying about the man city penalty that missed anyway on sky sports.

It was more a penalty than half of them Liverpool get.

Every media outlet is in love with Liverpool and they can do no wrong.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Good result for us from Wastelands. If we win our game in hand we'll be only three points off the top four and five points off the top of the league. We have had a s-t start. Luckily for us everyone else has been pretty average too. Now we just gotta hope that we're past the worst of it and we can put together the same kind of run we put together last Spring and Summer.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
fecking hell, still crying about the man city penalty that missed anyway on sky sports.

It was more a penalty than half of them Liverpool get.

Every media outlet is in love with Liverpool and they can do no wrong.
That's hardly surprising considering the media is very much Liverpool-led.

It was a blatant penalty, don't care how many tears Jamie Redknapp sheds denying it.

Hoof the ball

Don't think that's the point to reverse the current challenge but you're rather trying to put doubt inside the head of the ref that if he's calling a foul and every time you're in complete shock he might doubt it the next time there's a close call and give it in your favor. Probably works in some degree on inexperienced refs but these refs just ignore it.
Or it could have the reverse effect where the completely impartial referee feels irritated by one team's constant histrionics and therefore subconsciously gives favourable decisions to the other team in close calls.