Premier League Gameweek 8

Supports
England
Do players still think those way over the top reactions to having the ref call a foul on you will change the refs mind? You clearly fouled a player, the ref calls a foul and you put in a high school level performance of shock and dismay over the idea that the ref could possibly call it a foul. It's like watching 3 year olds lying to their parents thinking they're in any way clever about it.
I'm sure there's a great deal of research that goes into the psychology of this stuff. You wouldn't think it could work but I suspect it had, at some point, some kind of impact because everyone started doing it. I wouldn't be at all surprised though if every player appealing like a child for every ball has made referees largely immune to the effect (key word still being largely).

padr81

Supports
Man City
I'm sure there's a great deal of research that goes into the psychology of this stuff. You wouldn't think it could work but I suspect it had, at some point, some kind of impact because everyone started doing it. I wouldn't be at all surprised though if every player appealing like a child for every ball has made referees largely immune to the effect (key word still being largely).
For sure, I think its to influence later decisions. You aren't changing the original decision but putting doubt in there to make a more favorable one more likely.

Anustart89

Shouldn't they be checking whether Leno was actually unsighted? It's quite obvious that he was offside but Leno reacts immediately to the shot (as much as he could given the power of it) and wasn't impeded by Barkley's presence.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If Leno was De Gea, we'd definitely be saying that's offside.

Well I would be. Definitely obscuring the view

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Villa really unlucky with that. I would have no problem if the goal was given.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bloody hell, what a killer VAR is.
Especially so when you have a Grealish assist :(

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Bullshit décision. Not impeded. He was tracking the ball all the way. Nowhere near the previous decisions that were chalked off for the same reason. The ball was not heading at the player.

Zoo

Wonder if Arteta is going to cry about the VAR decision that went for him

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Arsenal look very shaky in the face of Grealish and their good runners. We made a real mess of our game against this lot.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That's apalling defending, get in there Villa!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Is Keane in the studio with Cahill? He should be..

marktan

I like that there are a good 5 or 6 teams up there, hopefully it can continue. But I feel it would be more of a case of pool or city underperforming for that to continue