Premier League Gameweek 8

TsuWave

Difference being they've got the shot-stopper on the bench and he's only on loan.

We fecked off our solid goalkeeper of over 10 years, used the money for a CB replacement and our new goalie is (currently) a liability.

So the comparison is flawed.
A direct comparison between two players in the same position and their performances can be made without taking into account their favorite meal, birth chart and horoscope sign. I don’t know what you’re on about.

Onana so far has been one giant mistake
And at no point in my post did I imply that Onana has been great or even good for us thus far.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No mate everything is terrible, sack the boss etc.
It will be a good battle for top 4 this year.

People saying Brighton have been found out...they're currently on course to get 70 + points as we are. Newcastle and West Ham also nicely in the mix.

The three promoted teams being terrible is going to inflate loads of points tallies this season. I don't think Sheffield United or Luton will even reach 20 this season (Burnley might get around 30 points).

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Who do United prefer to lose, Arsenal or City?

I hugely prefer Arsenal over City, but can imagine the rivalry at the start of the century might make this different for you lot?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

I hugely prefer Arsenal over City, but can imagine the rivalry at the start of the century might make this different for you lot?
City to lose, every time

ElDiabloRojo

Le Arse sure know how to celebrate a goal.

Can't stand seeing Lego prancing about like that, even when against Shitty.

Deserved 3 points for them though.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It will be a good battle for top 4 this year.

People saying Brighton have been found out...they're currently on course to get 70 + points as we are. Newcastle and West Ham also nicely in the mix.

The three promoted teams being terrible is going to inflate loads of points tallies this season. I don't think Sheffield United or Luton will even reach 20 this season (Burnley might get around 30 points).
I don't think Brighton and you boys will be 'found out'. Just you'll both do well in europe and be fecked by it. West Ham no chance, Newcastle unlikely. Top 5 is obvious IMO, but it is just my opinion.

Blood Mage

City are definitely weaker than last season. It's like Pep had to give himself a challenge letting Gundogan and Mahrez go.

SirAF

Ageist

Arsenal of course, feck them. I hate them so much.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Why is our game in a few week against city played at halve 3 on a Sunday? What happened to the halve 4 time?

DJ_21

I’d prefer arsenal this season just for the fact we don’t want city to be the first to win 4 in a row. They’re still irrelevant to us though. Small team.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I said it many times, De Bruyne was so crucial in so many of City's wins over the last few seasons. Would conjure something out of nothing.

Still expect City to run away with it though, especially when he's back.
To be fair yeah you aren't going to be as potent without the best attacking midfielder in the world, but this is also what happens when the rest of the side is comprised with ball retention artists/ a brute force striker/ and CB's being played as fullbacks. It's why Doku is probably going to be vital for them.

DJ_21

Bernardo silva said he doesn’t think they played that bad :lol: Check the stats mate. You was shocking

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Bernardo silva said he doesn’t think they played that bad :lol: Check the stats mate. You was shocking
He speaks very well considering it's not his first language though

Valencia Shin Crosses

City are definitely weaker than last season. It's like Pep had to give himself a challenge letting Gundogan and Mahrez go.
Pep has always been willing to let someone go a year too early as opposed to be stuck with them too long, it's smart really. But now they seem to lack a bit of creative brilliance especially with him now preferring this 4 CB lineup and prioritizing ball retention around a striker that's only meant to be on the end of chances.

Overall not quite sure it'll matter, because they still will control games so well that the ball will find the back of the net through sheer persistence against most prem sides.

wr8_utd

:'(
Why are people confident City will go on a winning streak? They have KDB out and Haaland seems very hit and miss. Won't be easy for them this year.
I'll be very surprised if they go on their run this year. Without KDB, they've got very little creativity and they've lost a lot of experience (and goals) that you need in title races with losing Gundogan and Mahrez.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
To be fair, they passed it sideways and absolutely nothing happened for 85 minutes. It was almost perfect Guardiola football.

DJ_21

To be fair, they passed it sideways and absolutely nothing happened for 85 minutes. It was almost perfect Guardiola football.
4 chances and 1 on target is atrocious for a team of their standard but nothing will get said about it tomorrow because it’s them.

Oranges038

Awful game of football.

Delighted those cnuts were bet, even after Oliver did his best to appease his middle eastern pay lords.

Bobski

I feel like we have this same conversation every fall. Won't believe it until April or May.
Yes, they will still win it when they get KDB back and get on a roll like last season but that starting midfield is the weakest they have put out in some time. Stones, Rodri and De Bruyne back in the team and they still steam roller the league, even with Haaland's all round game somehow getting worse.

Shimo

And there it is. That was less of a penalty than the Hojlund one at Arsenal.
Klopp has played the victim card so well in his conferences, it has definitely helped them get the benefit of the doubt and additionally always brings up United - even last week's call where they got screwed, he had to bring up the Onana thing first game. Some point our club needs to decide that we can also point out the inconsistency we are receiving because of all this focus on United getting their way of supposedly getting away with things. Gabriel on Hojlund was far more blantant as you pointed out than this definite penalty that Liverpool, the Romero handball that was given for Arsenal but, not us and we have the Fulham player grabbing another player by the throat yesterday but, no action taken yet VAR time in a more chaotic scene find a reason to send Case off last year.

IRELANDUNITED

I don’t really care but if I had to choose I’d rather Arsenal win. They don’t have 115 charges against them for cheating, City do.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Klopp has played the victim card so well in his conferences, it has definitely helped them get the benefit of the doubt and additionally always brings up United - even last week's call where they got screwed, he had to bring up the Onana thing first game. Some point our club needs to decide that we can also point out the inconsistency we are receiving because of all this focus on United getting their way of supposedly getting away with things. Gabriel on Hojlund was far more blantant as you pointed out than this definite penalty that Liverpool, the Romero handball that was given for Arsenal but, not us and we have the Fulham player grabbing another player by the throat yesterday but, no action taken yet VAR time in a more chaotic scene find a reason to send Case off last year.
That's a lot of feelings you've got bottled up there :(

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Why are people confident City will go on a winning streak? They have KDB out and Haaland seems very hit and miss. Won't be easy for them this year.
Because they start off ‘slow’ most seasons, and most seasons folk say this City team isn’t as good as the year before, and every year after Xmas they just find a gear or 2 to go up and go on crazy winning runs. You think law of averages that I can’t happen year after year after year, let’s hope you are right and this is one of the years it doesn’t happen.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I think it’s gone under the radar how defensive this iteration of City are. They’re an incredible football side, obviously, but with hardly any risk takers or attacks that leave them susceptible on the counter, they’re so boring, so often. Without KDB it’s even more obvious.
Kovacic is such a nothing player.

To those who thought City had pulled off a "transfer masterstroke" by signing him, hang your heads in shame.
I completely agree. Baffling signing

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What a fecking shite game that was. Almost felt as if City just wanted a draw. Very slow game.

Haaland looked very isolated too and didn’t offer much.

always_hoping

Liverpool drop five points in their last two games lucky for them City dropped 6 points.

Tottenham top of the after 8 games is proof if ever needed not to pay much attention to a table until at least mid way through a season.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I think it’s gone under the radar how defensive this iteration of City are. They’re an incredible football side, obviously, but with hardly any risk takers or attacks that leave them susceptible on the counter, they’re so boring, so often. Without KDB it’s even more obvious.

I completely agree. Baffling signing
Yep. Since last season half of their starting lineup was made of CBs and a DM. Very cautious system they have been playing for a while now. Almost zero risk taking.

Redfrog

Now I get your point. :)
I don’t know how to say it in English but Oscar Wilde said that there is a worse thing that people speak bad words about you and that is that they don’t speak about you.

Sorry, I read Wilde in french when I was much younger and my translation from French to English of an English writer is sh*t. :lol: :wenger: