Premier League Gameweek 9 fixtures (20th - 22nd October 2018)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Comfortable wins for United, Burnley, Huddersfield, West Ham and Leicester, the rest draws.

Needham

Don't put any money on Cardiff to win. Their own manager says so.

Sigma

Apparently KDB is available for City. They said he'd be out for 3 months :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We're the only big team dropping points this weekend imo. Top four looking long.

Nickosaur

Brighton really need to start picking up points away from home. On paper this should be one of those games where they have a chance of that, but we look like a different team away from the amex.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Think UTD will get something at the bridge. Maybe all 3 points.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Apparently KDB is available for City. They said he'd be out for 3 months :lol:
They said 2-3 months (8-12 weeks), he's back 10 weeks later. Must be peds...

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Football is FINALLY back! Happy days.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think I’ve got Phil Neville on commentary.

So glad football is back!

padr81

Supports
Man City
Chelsea players look like they are having the time of their lives under Sarri.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Why is Pogba blaming anyone other than himself for that?

Clearly his man.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

Clearly his man.
We don't use man marking for midfielders they defend zonally. Our centre backs man mark, I believe that was Matic's zone while Pogba's zone is back post.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Alonso is like hey Hazard you play lb and lw because I'm playing at no.10.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

Clearly his man.
He was too busy talking and not paying attention. I think he thought Lindelof should have switched.

Also I think I can count on my hand the amount of times Mata has touched the ball this half.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He was too busy talking and not paying attention. I think he thought Lindelof should have switched.

Also I think I can count on my hand the amount of times Mata has touched the ball this half.
He was probably the only one paying attention to be honest. For some reason Lindelof decided to follow Luiz to the edge of the box, which left a gaping hole in the middle. Pogba was the only one to react even though he usually covers the area where Lindelof went.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He was probably the only one paying attention to be honest. For some reason Lindelof decided to follow Luiz to the edge of the box, which left a gaping hole in the middle. Pogba was the only one to react even though he usually covers the area where Lindelof went.
He didn't pay attention for that split second which allowed Rudiger to get separation. Looked like he was trying to tell someone else where to position themselves and coordinate things.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He didn't pay attention for that split second which allowed Rudiger to get separation. Looked like he was trying to tell someone else where to position themselves and coordinate things.
Rudiger did not get any seperation from Pogba because he doesn't man mark. Generally speaking, Lukaku defends the front zone, Matic the middle zone and Pogba the back zone.

He was angry at Lindeloff because he followed Luiz way too far to a point where Luiz was in Pogba's zone. Rudiger should be picked up either by Matic or the centre backs, Smalling and Matic were already defending where the ball was while Lindelof went awol to follow Luiz.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Rudiger did not get any seperation from Pogba because he doesn't man mark. Generally speaking, Lukaku defends the front zone, Matic the middle zone and Pogba the back zone.

He was angry at Lindeloff because he followed Luiz way too far to a point where Luiz was in Pogba's zone. Rudiger should be picked up either by Matic or the centre backs, Smalling and Matic were already defending where the ball was while Lindelof went awol to follow Luiz.
It was clear that Lindelof was sitting on Luiz and Pogba was marking Rudiger. Pogba was looking away for a moment and it was too late. That's what happened. Lindelof should have gone with Rudiger though.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
It was clear that Lindelof was sitting on Luiz and Pogba was marking Rudiger. Pogba was looking away for a moment and it was too late. That's what happened. Lindelof should have gone with Rudiger though.
Well yes, but once Luiz made a run to nowhere near the ball it was Lindeloff that should have stayed and blocked Rudiger. You don't man mark endlessly, you adapt to where the ball is going.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Alonso... all he had to do was get up and not play act. Fair goal. Undeserved on the balance of play, totally deserved for the shithousery.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Alonso going down like he was shot, only to get up and sprint to the ref once he realised nothing was gonna happen :lol:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Chelsea deserved to cop that if only because Alonso was clowning
Never understood that. He wasn't genuinely hurt, so instead of defending and being there to block Martial, he just lies on the floor.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
What a turn around. Another great finish.

Would prefer a draw.