Premier League Gameweek 9

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't care if he touched the player anyway, that should never be a penalty.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That was never a pen, he clearly won enough of the ball and Martin Keown is comfortably the worst commentator on the planet.

marktan

Right call imo, got enough off the ball. Dunno what Keown or whoever the co-commentator on BT is on about

Credit to Oliver there

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Agree that it wasn't a penalty but "he got the ball first so it can't be a penalty" is faulty reasoning. It can still be a foul even if you get the ball first, depending on the tackle.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not sure why the explanation to Dean Smith took so long a "your player's a cheat, that's why" would have sufficed.

Chabon

Keown is a fecktard.
I think that might be the worst piece of commentary I've ever seen. I could tell before the replay that the Brighton lad had got the ball, and that fecking ape kept going on about how it was 'obviously a penalty' even when the VAR kept going back and forth over him getting the ball. And then when the ref signals he's not giving it Keown doesn't even notice for fifteen seconds.

Nickosaur

Huge win! Well done Brighton.

Thought that was a stonewall penalty at first, and while March does get something on it, I think he's lucky to get away with it

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
That’s not even close to true and isn’t mentioned anywhere in the laws of the game.
Laws or not, that's been the way the rules have been consistently interpreted for years now. Going down with no / minimal contact = dive. If you're kicked on a follow through but it's not a penalty, no yellow.

You're correct that this isn't established in the laws, but for me this is a case where the interpretation has been more consistent than many other actual laws and I'd not mind this being definitively laid down as the official standard.

kiristao

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Didn't think it was a penalty but I can understand Villa being annoyed if other such decisions were consistently let stand.

Personally I think having the ref look at it again is exactly what should happen in that scenario.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
That slightest of contact on the ball before making contact with the opponent is enough for it not to be a foul? Even March knew he made contact that's why he did the typical Herrera style hand movement signalling 'i didn't touch him'
Yes.