g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Matchweek 10

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Loving seeing the lads sprinting 40 yards to press from a goal kick after 75m. Great commitment.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Chelsea have been barely troubled. Southampton really disappointing today.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
This have been an absolute crap weekend yet again. We are getting into deep trouble now as we are 8 points behind to 3 teams and 7 points behind to Chelsea after today. We are at a point were 1 more slip up and top 4 is gone as i don´t think this team can catch up that huge a lead from 4+ clubs. We need the players to play out of their skin every game from now to have a chance to turn this around.
It's too early to say that top 4 is gone of course, but we all know that it really is. You are spot on with there being too many sides above us with the same or similar points lead and playing much better, making it so difficult for us to even put together a run into the top four. It's impossible when we keep dropping points like against Burnley or Stoke at home.

I've already kinda reached the point where I want Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs/City to win their league games as one of them needs to be able to stop Liverpool winning the damn league - those clubs aren't going to impact us after the start we've made, so for the greater good for humanity I want them to win :lol: :(

Raw

Christ Chelsea have been good recently. 4 games, 4 wins, 4 clean sheets and 11 goals scored.

Nero

It's too early to say that top 4 is gone of course, but we all know that it really is. You are spot on with there being too many sides above us with the same or similar points lead and playing much better, making it so difficult for us to even put together a run into the top four. It's impossible when we keep dropping points like against Burnley or Stoke at home.

I've already kinda reached the point where I want Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs/City to win their league games as one of them needs to be able to stop Liverpool winning the damn league - those clubs aren't going to impact us after the start we've made, so for the greater good for humanity I want them to win :lol: :(
Have to say I'm almost at that stage too :D

All hail the Europa League.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
4 clean sheets with Luiz at the back :D
He's shit mate. A complete & utter liability game in, game out. Never had a good game in his life. What were Chelsea thinking bringing him back? Note a Conte player.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
United drop points at home and City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea all have comfortable away wins.

Top 4 doesn't look likely
It's gone. Anyone who thinks we have a chance is delusional. 7 points off and each team in those spots are significantly better than us.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
He's shit mate. A complete & utter liability game in, game out. Never had a good game in his life. What were Chelsea thinking bringing him back? Note a Conte player.
Well he is a liability, it just helps that our system helps to cover some of his deficiencies.

Treble

It's gone. Anyone who thinks we have a chance is delusional. 7 points off and each team in those spots are significantly better than us.
If you take into account the GD, the points are practically 8.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's going to be like that Moyes season where United's results were more or less meaningless by February and we'll be praying for Arsenal or City to stop Liverpool.
but with more entertainment at least. possibly.

Red Viking

I wish Mourinho would show the league table to the players and especially the part were Watford leads us by GD... i really want to see reactions of the players to this.

Zoo

At the moment it's difficult to look beyond City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea for the top 4.

SalfordRed1960

At the moment it's difficult to look beyond City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea for the top 4.
Still too early for that. Spurs are not exactly falling apart. Only Liverpool out of those have yet to hit a bad patch, and they don't have a lead so be interesting when their bad patch comes how far, if at all, they fall behind.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
We've beaten 3 very good teams since the formation switch (Leicester, United, Southampton). Kept 4 straight clean sheets & have scored 11 goals unanswered. The fact that we're still creating chances at will with a midfield two of Matic & Kante is the ultimate blessing since that duo gives our backline the extra solidity it needs.

With the way Hazard & Costa are playing I would've been more confident of winning the League with a similar player on that sort of level instead of Willian & Pedro. A player like Mahrez for example would've been perfect for that inside-right wing.

AshfordLad

4 clean sheets with Luiz at the back :D
Third best ball playing defender in the world behind Bonucci and Pique, as long as there is someone to cover for him at the back.

The fact that Mourinho gave up on Luiz but Conte can create a system to play Luiz to his strengths speaks volumes.

AshfordLad

While I loathe the baldie feck. I would be happy to see city win the league. We can not have dippers, arsenal of spurs winning the league.

but with more entertainment at least. possibly.
You might be missing the entertainment chromosome if you were not entertained by what happened to dippers vs Chelsea and Palace that season. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
While I loathe the baldie feck. I would be happy to see city win the league. We can not have dippers, arsenal of spurs winning the league.

You might be missing the entertainment chromosome if you were not entertained by what happened to dippers vs Chelsea and Palace that season. :lol:
If it's all the same with you, i'd not like the impending doom of them looking odds on to win it first though!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

City over Arsenal or Spurs?

Wtf?

AshfordLad

City over Arsenal or Spurs?

Wtf?
Support Chelsea not United so dont give a feck about city.

Even for United fans, dippers or arsenal must not break their spell of failure.
Also, spurs should always win feck all for our best chant to work.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Support Chelsea not United so dont give a feck about city.

Even for United fans, dippers or arsenal must not break their spell of failure.
Also, spurs should always win feck all for our best chant to work.
Didn't realise you were a Chelsea fan.

In all fairness if my club only had four chants I'd be desperate to keep them all as well.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Chelsea
Tottenham
Arse
Citeh
Scouse

That is how I would rank it, since we are out of the race already. Really don't care if the Chavs win since I for some reason can't muster any dislike for them. Tottenham I really don't care about, even though Glaston almost on his own makes them an object of hate. The Arse are smug no matter what so might as well give the old man Wenger a good sending off. Citeh is Citeh and I wouldn't like the smug bald twat winning it.

The bindippers are self explainatory.

wr8_utd

:'(

Not sure my heart can take the nervousness that preceded those games though. Also, that 6 mins of injury time in the Everton vs City game felt like hell.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Arsenal winning the league would probably see the manager retire and Arsenal's fall post-Wenger will make United post-Fergie look like a walk in the park. That's the only silver lining in what would be a pretty shitty cloud.

wr8_utd

Arsenal winning the league would probably see the manager retire and Arsenal's fall post-Wenger will make United post-Fergie look like a walk in the park. That's the only silver lining in what would be a pretty shitty cloud.
They have a quality squad so I don't see them struggling the way United have at all post Wenger.

AshfordLad

Didn't realise you were a Chelsea fan.

In all fairness if my club only had four chants I'd be desperate to keep them all as well.
So you heard just enough chants for each goal we put past you last week.

Maybe you'll get to hear the fifth some other time when we do you over by 5. :p

John_Jensen

Not a chance Wenger will retire if he won the league.

Next two matches will tell a lot about this Arsenal side. The side is often a bit disjointed immediately after international breaks, add that to the Mourinho hoodoo & the Old Trafford mental block and i'm not overconfident of getting a result.

AXVnee7

Not sure my heart can take the nervousness that preceded those games though. Also, that 6 mins of injury time in the Everton vs City game felt like hell.
I'm with you there buddy. As much fun as it was seeing their title challenge fall to pieces, the stress was just not worth it. I wouldn't mind if Arsenal broke their duck, I can deal with their smug fans talking about how Wenger will have gotten 1 over Mourinho. It'll be another dimension of hysteria entirely if Liverpool win it.

bio202

Supports
liverpool
We've beaten 3 very good teams since the formation switch (Leicester, United, Southampton). Kept 4 straight clean sheets & have scored 11 goals unanswered. The fact that we're still creating chances at will with a midfield two of Matic & Kante is the ultimate blessing since that duo gives our backline the extra solidity it needs.

With the way Hazard & Costa are playing I would've been more confident of winning the League with a similar player on that sort of level instead of Willian & Pedro. A player like Mahrez for example would've been perfect for that inside-right wing.
You look very solid, Costa and Hazard look back to their best. Every chance of winning the league imo. Conte has you playing what believe is the nicest combination of attack and defence. Looking very good I must say.

wr8_utd

I'm with you there buddy. As much fun as it was seeing their title challenge fall to pieces, the stress was just not worth it. I wouldn't mind if Arsenal broke their duck, I can deal with their smug fans talking about how Wenger will have gotten 1 over Mourinho. It'll be another dimension of hysteria entirely if Liverpool win it.
I don't want either of them winning it. Arsenal fans are absolutely unbearable so Chelsea/City/Spurs for me.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Arsenal better not win it, their fans would annoy us for years.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
That's what pretty much everyone said about your (title winning) squad when Fergie retired. He'll be a massive loss for them.
He's been holding them back for years. The idea of Arse with a top class manager worries me.