Premier League Matchweek 3 (26-27 August)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You're OK with just play on until City score then are you?
Im not. but goal was scored in legitamte stoppage time.

5 mins stoppage declared, which actually started in 91st min due to Ref sorting out managers issue, and during the stoppage time , there was another 30 sec delay.

The goal was scored in the very last play of the game, but it was within stoppage time, imo.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The freekick that City got which led to the goal seemed to be a fantastic tackle, haven't seen the replay though. If true, Bournemouth will be doubly frustrated

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
People whinging about 7 mins:

Pep arguing with the officials and opposition manager cost 60 seconds
Two injuries in stoppage time at least another 90 seconds.

It was easily justifiable but feck all that money spent and City still look like dog shit :)
I wouldn't quite agree with the bottom line, bearing in mind Bournemouth barely got a kick in the last 75 mins of the game!

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
So basically Dean thinks the game accumulated 6 minutes of extra in those 5 minutes of added time which was calculated over the 45? What an absolute tosser.

SouthPredators4

Come on.. 7 mins is absolutely justified. I mean, if anybody was to blame, it was King or the tactics. I mean, drawing against a superior team in the dying minutes, why still gungho and leave so many spaces behind. That is why i love JM and his tactics. Look at Sterling goal and the gaps in defence is absolutely shocking and naive.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
11 minutes...surely someone needs to retire Mike Dean.

Walters_19_MuFc

How many times have City won games in the dying moments now? They always seem to do it.
We always used to do it under Sir Alex. Never say die attitude. Just fecking annoying when you're not the team doing it.

That said, we win in style nowadays. ;)

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Time to buy Mike Dean in FPL.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It doesn't work like that. If he adds 5, it starts from the end of the 90, not whenever the sign goes up. Of course, the worst part was the foul he gave just before the goal, completely ridiculous. If that was supposed to be bringing the play back after an earlier foul, that was extremely generous to say the least. This was a bizarre and disturbing officiating performance.
it works, however, the ref deems it.

Drainy

In all fairness, the match had long interruptions in extra time. It says a minimum of 5 added minutes.
The problem is that it is so illogical and inconsistent. There is literally no way that you can determine what length of added time they will come up with.

It is basically what the referees feel like on the day.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just seeing this, sounds like it was a chaotic Mike Dean performance:lol: Not surprised. City got lucky eh?

Andy_Cole

Fuming. Why are City allowed to play until the 97th minute when it's 5 mins added on. I've seen so much when we've played that it doesn't matter if the rival team are on the floor the whole time, the time ends when the time ends!

Ridiculous.

Gasolin

The freekick that City got which led to the goal seemed to be a fantastic tackle, haven't seen the replay though. If true, Bournemouth will be doubly frustrated
That tackle should never be a foul and let Bournemouth go for the winner.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Time wasting adds on time. Not to mention their players going down for treatment every ten minutes. When we entered the five injury time minutes, there was more time wasting and 'injuries', plus Pep and Eddie were talking to the ref. Not hard to find those minutes lads.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Wow, bit bitter in here now. B'mouth brought that on themselves. They timewasted all throughout injury time. I expect we'll be getting a big fine and Raheem deserving the red for going into the crowd. Ref had a good game, could have sent Kompany off earlier (should have actually) and could have sent off Ake.
Examples of mistakes are indicative of him having a good game:wenger:

Moonred

Lot of time was wasted after 90, so it's perfectly fine to add the extra. What was probably wrong was the foul leading up to the goal, the extra time wasn't.

fretless

Shocking. There is absolutely no consistency in premier league reffing. Teams should have to plan their strategies to defeat their opponents, not to deal with how the ref will call the game.

"Dean never to shy away from a controversy" the commentator says. The game should not be about the ref. It should be about the players.

Fergies Gum

Red card looked correct to me. He went running to the crowd which caused it to kick off and police had to eject supporters.

Walters_19_MuFc

Sterling was already booked. His celebration warranted him a second yellow which was completely the right decision by Mike Dean.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
I really feel bad for all the small teams that have to deal with this extended additonal minutes BS and get screwed over and over. :wenger:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It's early doors. Maybe a few wins will get City's confidence up, which will improve what we're seeing from Pep's team? I am far from convinced though.

All feels like our second season under Van Gaal, where we were too until October and then setbacks started to expose the cracks in our team.

I think City's one bad result from imploding.