Premier League Not So Festive Season

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You’ve got a good first XI. Squad isn’t that good.
Our midfield depth is poor (Sissoko/Winks stepping up big time this season though, both been fantastic) but otherwise our depth is very good. Both Lamela and Lucas are excellent squad options, could do with a better backup striker than Llorente but Son is a really good striker, so no biggie.

Our depth isn't great and I've complained about in the past, but plenty of players from the squad have stepped up this season. We also have pretty good depth at CB with Foyth emerging, so again nothing major, there is talent throughout the squad in every position.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Our midfield depth is poor (Sissoko/Winks stepping up big time this season though, both been fantastic) but otherwise our depth is very good. Both Lamela and Lucas are excellent squad options, could do with a better backup striker than Llorente but Son is a really good striker, so no biggie.

Our depth isn't great and I've complained about in the past, but plenty of players from the squad have stepped up this season. We also have pretty good depth at CB with Foyth emerging, so again nothing major, there is talent throughout the squad in every position.
There is potential there but not too much ability outside of your starting XI IMO. That’s probably what is holding you back from a realistic title challenge I think.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I know all that, it was tounge in cheek. One question for you though, IF Poch did leave to join Utd in the summer who do you think you’d get to replace him and would Spurs fans complain that you and the media are trying to push a manager to a different club?
I think we would go for Howe or Jardim, leaning towards the latter as someone with experience with CL football (which I expect us to be in next season now) and better experience with working with top players.

No because football fans are hypocritical. This is not news to anybody, right?

Guy Incognito

Doesn’t work like that does it. Ask City...
True but City should've started their best players yesterday. Having a look at their fixtures, don't see Spurs slipping up until the CL resumes. They've got Chelsea in the League Cup, that'll be two cracking games.

Mister_Stubbs

I think we would go for Howe or Jardim, leaning towards the latter as someone with experience with CL football (which I expect us to be in next season now) and better experience with working with top players.

No because football fans are hypocritical. This is not news to anybody, right?
I’d love to see Howe get a crack at a big job, think he’d do well. Can understand the pull towards Jardim though.

Not news to me no but some resident Spurs fans on here would have you believe the media is bias etc because of the links.

Beobachter

I do have a soft spot for Spurs; kinda remind me of (*for NBA fans here...) pre-2011 Dallas Mavericks, a consistently solid team with much respected coach that was deemed as perennial bottlers until they finally went and won the whole damn thing in amazing fashion. Well, although Harry Kane's infinitely less likable than Dirk Nowitzki.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Us playing exciting football seems to concide with Dier not being in midfield.

Coincidence .. I think not.

Fracture90

I’d love to see Howe get a crack at a big job, think he’d do well. Can understand the pull towards Jardim though.

Not news to me no but some resident Spurs fans on here would have you believe the media is bias etc because of the links.
Me thinks Spurs will go for Howe in case we get Poch.

PoTMS

I do have a soft spot for Spurs; kinda remind me of (*for NBA fans here...) pre-2011 Dallas Mavericks, a consistently solid team with much respected coach that was deemed as perennial bottlers until they finally went and won the whole damn thing in amazing fashion. Well, although Harry Kane's infinitely less likable than Dirk Nowitzki.
Me too, until I met @GlastonSpur.

Minimalist

Us playing exciting football seems to concide with Dier not being in midfield.

Coincidence .. I think not.
Definitely not surprising. Every time I watch Dier play I just see one of a 100 bog-standard defensive midfielders the PL has seen. Ordinary player.

Another overrated Englishman.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
The edge? We're clearly better than you bruh
You are.

So far this season I don't get how anybody could argue otherwise, you have been a step above. You've scored more, conceded less, and most importantly have 6 more points .. as well as beating us away from home. There is no point pretending otherwise, it's just delusional to do so.

We're very good, but you are looking like a proper title winner and there is no shame in that. It's a long season though and we're improving game by game, so who knows? I think the biggest obstacle to us mounting any kind of challenge is that we still have to go to the Etihad and Anfield.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Spurs back in the title race with this win. Crazy how they have 4 losses but still only 2 points behind City and 4 points behind Liverpool.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Definitely not surprising. Every time I watch Dier play I just see one of a 100 bog-standard defensive midfielders the PL has seen. Ordinary player.

Another overrated Englishman.
Like @InLevyITrust says, I think if he wants to have a proper career in the future he needs to pick a position and go with it, and I believe that position to be a central defender. He's prone to errors there and far from perfect, but he's much more suited to that role because his lack of mobility and limitations on the ball mean that he can be a liability in midfield.

Minimalist

Spurs back in the title race with this win. Crazy how they have 4 losses but still only 2 points behind City and 4 points behind Liverpool.
Draws are still dropped points though (no shit sherlock I know).

Only one less win.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Poch filling out his application here after Ole gave his in yesterday.

Eriksen is some player. I wouldn't be mad if Poch brought him with him.