Premiere League Matchday 10

MalaysianRed7

I think that’s the best save I’ve ever seen since starting to watch football in 2009 to now.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Is there something I’m missing about that save? Cos that free kick was nowhere near the corner

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
We laughed at Arsenal. We laughed at Arteta. We laughed at Ramsdale.

Red Cafe know’s feck all.
They were absolute shite less than 2 weeks ago. Barely avoided defeat at home to a severely depleted Crystal Palace side.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Good first half, let's hope we don't get into sitting back mode the whole second half. Getting full points from this would be great with Watford next.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Good first half, let's hope we don't get into sitting back mode the whole second half. Getting full points from this would be great with Watford next.
Thoughts on Ramsdale? What did you think when you signed him?

VinchNow

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Liverpool
Arteta is a better coach than Ole, has to be said. Improving players and an actual tactical plan.
I think Arteta is also willing to adapt his tactics and formation a lot more.
Ole has been stuck with the 4-2-3-1 since the beginning of his term.

Pronewbie

Peep
No but from where Ramsdale was

That was outstanding to save it

Utterly outstanding
Just had a look again during the half-time show and will have to disagree. It probably looked better to laymen because it hit the crossbar from his hand. The ball, while travelling at a decent pace, was in-between the corner and middle of the goal. It's his fault for positioning himself 1-2 steps too far to his right.

De Gea's save against Mata was better.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Thoughts on Ramsdale? What did you think when you signed him?
Thought he was the second biggest waste of money of the summer with our priority being to get rid of Xhaka. But he didn't let all the critics get to him and has proven (it's only 10 games though) most of us wrong. He gets mocked online for his over the top reactions but there was such a sense of apathy about watching Arsenal these laste few years that any mood lifter is welcome !
On paper we have a back 5 that can grow together for 5/6 years and reach sooner than later a top 4 level. And maybe dare i say it, Saliba joinging them... :nervous:

MalaysianRed7

Give over :rolleyes:

This was in 2012

This was the comeback 3-3 game if I remember correctly, so in terms of importance it was better. But Ramsdale’s save is closer to him, and it’s harder for him to see it as well due to the distance.

Two ridiculous saves, definitely top two.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
They were absolute shite less than 2 weeks ago. Barely avoided defeat at home to a severely depleted Crystal Palace side.
It's almost like football is all on the day and one good or bad result doesn't change how good the team is overall. Every team will go through good and bad form

Siezard

Add to it only 23 years old. Most keepers never snif a decent club at 23. It hurt to call Arsenal decent.
Most keepers have similar skills at the top level. What they need to stand out is to fully commit to saving the ball and playing well.

Of course, occasionally you can real stand out keepers like Peter Schmeichel or Petr Cech who are not only tall but also agile and committed.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Thought he was the second biggest waste of money of the summer with our priority being to get rid of Xhaka. But he didn't let all the critics get to him and has proven (it's only 10 games though) most of us wrong. He gets mocked online for his over the top reactions but there was such a sense of apathy about watching Arsenal these laste few years that any mood lifter is welcome !
On paper we have a back 5 that can grow together for 5/6 years and reach sooner than later a top 4 level. And maybe dare i say it, Saliba joinging them... :nervous:
Agreed it’s early days but glad to see he’s showing his true potential. It wound me up seeing all the abuse when I’ve seen first hand how good he can be. Looking good for you and your youngsters.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Is it me or has the league ever looked so good after 10 matches. Teams 1-7 can beat anyone anytime.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Leicester coming back into the game with Barnes and Tielemans looking good.
Odegaard for Lacazette happening a lot sooner than expected. :nervous:

InfiniteBoredom

Am I alone in thinking that Arsenal hasn’t been impressive at all? We also scored 2 against this Leicester, the difference is Arsenal actually can defend (one of their few strong points under Arteta so far, save a few occasions).

They will draw a lot of games playing the way they do, can’t see this team accumulate enough point to be a serious top 4 threat.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Is it me or has the league ever looked so good after 10 matches. Teams 1-7 can beat anyone anytime.
Getting consistently stronger for sure. Probably at the highest standard its ever been. So much money and so much quality. Even the bottom teams (bar Norwich) are fielding for the most part 7 or 8 internationals.

Terminator

They aren’t spectacular, but I see them pressing as a unit. An average collection of players but they are working hard, which is half the battle.
They pressed for 15 mins at the start of the game, that's all. Parked the bus since then and generally look clueless when on the ball.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Am I alone in thinking that Arsenal hasn’t been impressive at all? We also scored 2 against this Leicester, the difference is Arsenal actually can defend (one of their few strong points under Arteta so far, save a few occasions).

They will draw a lot of games playing the way they do, can’t see this team accumulate enough point to be a serious top 4 threat.
I think their defence is quite good which is impressive, after a ropey start Brentford caught them on the hop and following up with Chelsea and City made them look a lot weaker than they are. They aren't the type of team to dominate games but they are pretty decent. Top 4 is not beyond them if United don't sort their shit out.

Not something I thought I'd be saying after 3 games.

Siezard

Gabriel is a good defender but problem is Arteta changes his defenders every week!

lawliet354

Yes Arsenal does not look that impressive, it's just Leicester started the game really really poorly and Ramsdale having the game of his life. They are actually getting battered this second half

I have no idea how we conceded 4 against this Leicester side

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Gabriel is a good defender but problem is Arteta changes his defenders every week!
He's tried to keep the same back 5 when all have been fit in the league, with Tierney only dropping out when injured.

InfiniteBoredom

I think their defence is quite good which is impressive, after a ropey start Brentford caught them on the hop and following up with Chelsea and City made them look a lot weaker than they are. They aren't the type of team to dominate games but they are pretty decent. Top 4 is not beyond them if United don't sort their shit out.

Not something I thought I'd be saying after 3 games.
If United don’t sort our shit out I expect Moyes boys to do it. It’s probably counterintuitive to say they have a better chance than Arsenal, and the top half teams are kinda at the same level outside from City, Pool and Chelsea (with Utd having the highest ceiling and lowest floor), but so far I can’t say I see any greatness brewing in this Arsenal side.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Arteta is a better coach than Ole, has to be said. Improving players and an actual tactical plan.
Arteta was the worst coach in the world 3 games ago. A couple of good games won’t change that yet. This isn’t even a good performance but the 3 points is all that counts.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Arsenal were the one traditional rival we were still able to punch down on and now even that's gone.

We're gonna be getting bantered by Arsenal fans again in 20 minutes.