Press conference after the match

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
:lol: Danish TV pretty much have a guy to translate from Spanish to broken Danish and then another one to translate from broken Danish to Danish.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Manchester Utd News ‏@MUNewsOfficial
Giggs: "That's the worst post-war red card I've seen. In the 1930s we saw some shockers, but from 1945 onwards, that's the worst." #MUFC
Brilliant. First time I've loled in the last 2 hrs.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nothing to be gained from going ape shit at the ref in front of the world's press.

Some anonyne sh!t from Phelan is all that is needed.

We'll soak this bitterness up and ensure we give Chelsea a good game Sunday, and make sure we clinch the league.

Leg-End

Fergie should have just put on a bald cap and pretended to be Phelan.

wr8_utd

:'(
Jose Mourinho: "Arbeloa told me he thought Nani didn't even see him."

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Apparently....

"Even the fourth official was shocked and told us he had no idea what happened" - Mike Phelan

It's spreading around online anyway.

AlwaysRedwood

it was ok. i was ferdinand shake his hand after that.

chelsea and barca hound referee's much better.

we did too...remember andy d'urso.

we should made him shit his kecks and need to be smuggled out in a bin.
He shook the linesman's hands but not the ref.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Mike Phelan: "The fourth official was even shocked, and he told us he had no idea what happened!"

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
No, he didn't do the presser. The old man is distraught and fuming

I'm always right

The girl on Swedish TV said he went fecking ballistic at the ref down the tunnel.

Mourinho actually stopped his interview to go and chat with SAF and calm him down.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
The decision was so outrageous that Phelan himself had to come out and comment rather than sending his puppet Fergie.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
The decision was so outrageous that Phelan himself had to come out and comment rather than sending his puppet Fergie.
When Phelan comes out talking, some bad shit has gone down. They always send the top man in times of crisis.

Ainu

This ref should be done with his career.
I like this. feck rational thinking. If he were the be publicly gutted I'd join in on the fun. I can't stand the thought of the smug cnut continuing to ref games after singlehandedly destroying our campaign.

Giggsforever

I don't know why, but I always have this image of Phelan asking "How's my hair?" before he does an interview
First time I have smiled after the game, but I don't know why, because I have the same style of hair... I shave it though:p:nervous:

Fergies Gum

Very sensible from Fergie to just send Phelan out for the post match interview and not send any players out. Fergie would have likely said something he would get in trouble for and likely get a ban for, so it was the right thing to do.

You could tell Fergie was fuming when the final whistle went. The team will be absolutely gutted after that, so hopefully they respond against Chelsea and come back stronger and more determined than ever.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Very sensible from Fergie to just send Phelan out for the post match interview and not send any players out. Fergie would have likely said something he would get in trouble for and likely get a ban for, so it was the right thing to do.

You could tell Fergie was fuming when the final whistle went. The team will be absolutely gutted after that, so hopefully they respond against Chelsea and come back stronger and more determined than ever.
I was thinking that, that Ferguson was literally so angry he knew he'd say something to get himself a fine and maybe even a ban so he shied away from any media.

I remember Ferguson had done this before with the players, I can't remember when and why though. Anyone know?

Fergies Gum

I was thinking that, that Ferguson was literally so angry he knew he'd say something to get himself a fine and maybe even a ban so he shied away from any media.

I remember Ferguson had done this before with the players, I can't remember when and why though. Anyone know?
It was common sense thinking from Fergie.

I think you are referring to the 3-1 loss against Liverpool in 2011 when Fergie refused to speak to the media and told his players to not do any interviews. He did not even send out Phelan that game, because he was that angry after that loss.

Cevno

Anyone else think instead of destroying the referee in the tunnell. SAF should have destroyed him publicly ?

Who cares about a ban ?

NM

Anyone else think instead of destroying the referee in the tunnell. SAF should have destroyed him publicly ?

Who cares about a ban ?
Its about class mate. The way we have handled it is very different - no public slagging of the referee, players being told not to speak etc. All the right way to handle it.