Press Conference for Huddersfield

MuranoLover

Chelsea or Arsenal are winning the EL , so there is no CL for us , this is sure .

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
De Gea has been fantastic this season? did he really just say that :houllier:
He meant overall.

DDG has made a few costly errors recently but he has performed relatively well over the course of the season. He was practically unbeatable during Ole's first couple of months in charge.

Raw

Chelsea or Arsenal are winning the EL , so there is no CL for us , this is sure .
Chelsea/Arsenal winning the EL doesn't affect us getting the CL in the slightest. 4th place would still give us CL football if one of them win it.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Only if we don't finish in the top four, which is likely. If one of them win the EL and we finish fourth, we would still qualify for the CL. Fourth only doesn't qualify for the CL if fifth and sixth win the CL and EL.

TRUERED89

Honestly did you expect him to say De Gea has been shit? Come on
No ofcourse not, maybe word it like "he's had a tough time of late, but we have full confidence in him that'll he'll get back to his usual form blah blah etc" not he's been fantastic this season! :lol:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He meant overall.

DDG has made a few costly errors recently but he has performed relatively well over the course of the season. He was practically unbeatable during Ole's first couple of months in charge.
De Gea has been quite poor all season, barring a few games early in Ole's reign. Obviously over the last month or so he's dropped even further.

Of course Ole isn't going to say something like that though. He's going to try to take some pressure off DDG and try to build his confidence up.

Decomposing In Paris

No ofcourse not, maybe word it like "he's had a tough time of late, but we have full confidence in him that'll he'll get back to his usual form blah blah etc" not he's been fantastic this season! :lol:
But that's not what the press will report... it'll be "Ole slams De Gea's form" in an "Ole throws De Gea under Jose's bus, and De Gea's off to Paris with his mate Ander" narrative. What he's done is refuse to give them a quote the way Jose would have... but also not attacking the journalist who asked for the headlines they'll inevitably write like Van Gaal... and not saying that De Gea needs to aspire to Alisson's level like Moyes.

cathari

FFS. Greenwood starting was just about the only thing that could have made me even remotely excited for this game. Although it'll be cool if Gomes / Garner / Chong start too.

Fair to say Greenwood might be a bit injury prone? I feel like he's always injured when a chance comes up to play for the first team but then he's always playing for the U23's. I'm sure that's not the case though.
I don't think that contracting strains and other minor muscular injuries is that uncommon for young players who are playing at a new and higher level. But having said that, he has been quite unlucky this season.

Adcuth

I'd love to see the total injuries from all teams over the last 5 years. Our squad is constantly having injury problems. Would love just 1 season where we don't have like 10 players out at the same time

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don't think that contracting strains and other minor muscular injuries is that uncommon for young players who are playing at a new and higher level. But having said that, he has been quite unlucky this season.
He is only a kid and will still be growing as well. Hopefully he will be fit for the last game. If not he should be going on tour with the first team squad.

Adcuth

Would give garner a start deffo this week, along with Chong.

MuranoLover

Chelsea/Arsenal winning the EL doesn't affect us getting the CL in the slightest. 4th place would still give us CL football if one of them win it.
Those aren't mutually exclusive.
Only if we don't finish in the top four, which is likely. If one of them win the EL and we finish fourth, we would still qualify for the CL. Fourth only doesn't qualify for the CL if fifth and sixth win the CL and EL.
City / Liverpool / Tottenham are top 3 - so if we finish 4th , Chelsea or Arsenal would be 5th or 6th and if they win EL , they go , we are fecked up .

DomesticTadpole

City / Liverpool / Tottenham are top 3 - so if we finish 4th , Chelsea or Arsenal would be 5th or 6th and if they win EL , they go , we are fecked up .
If we finish 4th we are still in the CL as you can have 5 qualifiers. It is only a problem if someone outside the Top 4 win the CL. Only one team can win the EL. If we are outside Top 4 we will be in the EL anyway.

Rojofiam

No, then we'd have 5 English teams in the CL

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Do you have goldfish memory? Literally last season England had five teams in CL because we won EL the season before.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
No. I said in my post that the only way fourth doesn't qualify for the CL is if fifth and sixth win the CL and EL. Countries can have five teams max in Europe but not six. There were five English teams in the CL when we won the EL.

cathari

That is how the Manchester Evening News worded it, I only copied and pasted it. Sorry.
No worries mate. A real shame for MEN though, if they missed this quote that could serve as catalyst for a possible influx of shit transfer reports coming from them. :lol:

TRUERED89

Winning the EL is an exclusive spot, it doesn't affect 4th PL position!

beedoubleyou

Feel good factor !!!. There is nothing this squad have to feel good about. Disgrace the lot of them
You're right. If we totally stamp out their confidence now, they'll never score again. Just like they deserve.

Maybe they should have made you manager.

rotherham_red

How do people still not get the rules :lol:
Honestly, the amount of times the question of EL and 4th place was being asked in the race for top 4 thread. Seriously, every fecking page! I wouldn't mind normally, but it's not as if we went through exactly that in 2017, or that the exact same questions arose in 2015, or that the questions had been asked and answered literally the page before!!

DomesticTadpole

been a terrible season. Cant gloss over it.
I know. I just want it to end, but then you know we are all going to suffer through the summer. Our hopes will all be built up over transfers just be crushed. Then Watford will win the cup and we will finish 6th and have to pre-qualify for the EL. Which might feck over our pre-season. God I need to talk to somebody.:lol::(:(