Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

Shinjisan

Account closed by request

Moyes to address media

David Moyes will address the media as Manchester United manager for the first time on Friday.
The new Reds boss officially took over the reins at Old Trafford on 1 July and will outline his plans for the future in front of the watching eyes of the world's media.
The press conference is to be screened live on MUTV between 3.30pm and 4.30pm and ManUtd.com, of course, will have all the news as it happens.
Skipper Nemanja Vidic will join his new boss in answering questions from the floor.
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...vid-moyes-to-address-the-media-on-friday.aspx

Let the Moyes era begin!

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
What are the expectations from this?

My money is on a damp squib in regards to signings and the Rooney situation. Should be a pretty routine first press conference with the new staff introductions.

kps88

I agree. I don't think the club would want Rooney or any new signings to overshadow Moyes in his first press conference. He'll probably just say that they're still working on Rooney/new signings.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
What are the expectations from this?

My money is on a damp squib in regards to signings and the Rooney situation. Should be a pretty routine first press conference with the new staff introductions.
Introductions, probably some statement that he intents to continues success at the club and build on SAF blah blah. I'd expect most of it to be fairly superficial to be honest. It would be good if we get some positive news about players though

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Introductions, probably some statement that he intents to continues success at the club and build on SAF blah blah. I'd expect most of it to be fairly superficial to be honest. It would be good if we get some positive news about players though
Yep, I would be absolutely shocked if he started running through a list of potential transfer targets :lol:

Drifter

American
Won't be any transfer talk. But I can't see him dodging the question about Rooney.Even if its to say that he has or hasn't had talks with him.

twitter thread suggester
They better ask about the future of Nani as well.

Seveneric

Yep, I would be absolutely shocked if he started running through a list of potential transfer targets :lol:
I don't think anyone(realistically)expects him to start listing out players though, more like stating his intentions in the market, like maybe United will be looking to sign about one or two players or if he'll give the "I'm satisfied with what I've got" line.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
What kind of football do you like to play?

Rumours are that Wayne Rooney is headed for the exit door at Old Trafford. Will you be looking to move him on?

According to the press, you are after Thiago Alcantara of Barcelona. Are there looking to bring him in?

You have recently brought in Varela. Are there still funds for you to bring in more players?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What kind of football do you like to play?

Rumours are that Wayne Rooney is headed for the exit door at Old Trafford. Will you be looking to move him on?

According to the press, you are after Thiago Alcantara of Barcelona. Are there looking to bring him in?

You have recently brought in Varela. Are there still funds for you to bring in more players?
Send Assistant.

Man-United

Could SSN send this live, or do they usually show just the main points after it's finished?

kps88

I was hoping they'd stream this live via the official website, but that doesn't look like happening. MUTV streams would be our best bet.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
sky sports usually have somebody there live and will take little snippits of the interview - but they don't generally show the whole thing live.

Perhaps though because its quite a big occasion they will make a change.

SirAF

Ageist
I'm so looking forward to this, since I finally got MUTV again. Really annoyed that I haven't had access to it for years, would have love to seen Fergie's live every friday.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Well Mourinho's first press conference back of Chavski was broadcast live and easily findable via streams.

Am hoping the same will be the case here, given the historical significance.

Pls can whoever find a decent straem, post it on here as soon as they find one?

Mad Winger

Nightmare:
Thiago? No we're not chasing him. He seems to love Barcelona and is happy with his current situation. Besides, I'm more than satisfied with our current squad! Giggs is more than willing to play in central midfield, and Anderson is only slightly overweight now!

As for Rooney, I've decided to double his salary, make him captain, and allow him to urinate on one supporter from the Stretford End during the half time of every home game. I'm not joking! I'll personally walk up the stand, pick a totally random season ticket holder, drag his sorry ass to the midfield, throw him to the ground, and wait for Rooney to do his business. While this is going on, we'll be playing "You'll never walk alone" on the speakers.