Press Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Could we have one of these instead of posting updates on each individual player in their individual thread each time we learn something about them from a presser? Obviously if the powers that be consider this a bad idea this thread will be deleted quicksmart but I thought it would be an easier resource for people seeking the press conference updates (like how we have a single video thread)

Anyway Fergie's got one at 2pm (in 4 hours odd) for tomorrows game with Valencia.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Sounds like a good idea to me, although with the frequency with which SAF cancels pressers it might not get much use!

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Then you'll have long discussions in the thread about the contents of the presser. I think putting the news in the relevant matchday thread is fine.

The Hairdryer

FFS. Soon no one will be able to post a topic here as all discussion will be pigeon holed into mammoth threads that do nothing to promote discussion or robost debate and do everything to slow up the site and give the thread starter some kind of sick self gratification because his username appears on the home page all the time.

One thread per topic. Not one thread per Category.
Keep It Simple Stupid.

twitter thread suggester
Having a thread for updates is fine, but it shouldn't permit people from posting the relevant news in separate threads, as it's better to have multiple discussions spread over relevant threads than to have them all cluttered together in one big mess.

So if Fergie announces: Evra extension, money available, Owen fit, and King to start, then those subjects would be better discussed separately.

But nothing wrong with this thread working as a summary for those that don't watch the Press Conference or don't enter every single thread.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Gives the media something to write about.They've been going on about a possible decline since about...1994

Robin

Just watched it now and usually Fergie is pretty cagey about his team selection but today he has confirmed most of the players, like the back four of O'Shea, Brown and the twins and Bebe will play with the little Pea up front he said it will not be much different from the Saints side

Inigo Montoya

Strong side for Crawley clash
Sir Alex Ferguson won't be taking anything for granted against non-league Crawley Town on Saturday with the United boss set to field a number of the players who helped see off Southampton in the last round.

The manager confirmed that a host of senior players including John O'Shea, Wes Brown and Michael Carrick will all be involved, while the likes of Bebe, Chicharito and the da Silva brothers will also feature in the FA Cup fifth round tie.

The Reds, however, will be without the injured Michael Owen after the striker picked a knock in training earlier in the week, while Ji-sung Park is also missing.

"It's disappointing because I was keen to play Michael," the boss told reporters at his pre-match press conference. "We could risk him but there's no point. He should be okay for Wednesday [against Marseille].

"Ji picked up a hamstring injury in the last few minutes of training last Friday. It's a blow because we've missed him [while he's been away on international duty]. He won't be available until March now.

"Rio [Ferdinand] and Jonny [Evans] are also still injured.

"We'll play all the players who were involved at Southampton in the last round," added the boss. "Bebe will play, so will the two da Silvas, Brown, O'Shea, Chicharito. We're strong in midfield with Anderson, Gibson and Carrick all available."

United may be overriding favourites to make it through to the quarter-finals, but Sir Alex insists his players still need to produce the goods to get
through.

"It should be an interesting game. We've got good experience of playing sides like Crawley having played Burton Albion and Exeter," he said.

"Those games were reminders that shocks can happen, and they almost did against those two teams. But the quality of players we'll have on Saturday shouldn't give us the same worry.

"We respect the fact that Crawley are the best non-league side for quite a while. They're very committed and aggressive and it'll be a tough game."

Manchester United Official Web Site

Doesn't confirm who's on the bence but I would think it's a mixture of one or two older heads and hoepfully King,Morrison....fingers crossed

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
No press conference tomorrow apparently.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
I dunno, all the journo's are reporting it on twitter, so I presume they were expecting one tomorrow

Inigo Montoya

I dunno, all the journo's are reporting it on twitter, so I presume they were expecting one tomorrow
Conspiracy theories are likely to flying round on Twitter now as in Fergie sulking and other such bollocks.

He's the last person to give it a moments thought.He'll be getting his players focused on the game

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
"He can't say that the press, what a twat!!"

"He's not talking to the press?! What a twat!!"

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why should he talk to the press. All week they were on a witch-hunt after Rooney and now they're after SAF for his comments about that tit referee. No point talking to people who have an agenda against your club.

Inigo Montoya

Why should he talk to the press. All week they were on a witch-hunt after Rooney and now they're after SAF for his comments about that tit referee. No point talking to people who have an agenda against your club.
Come on, There's no agenda except to sell papers.

Just a couple of weeks ago they had centre page spreads on Rooney's goal against City and other fans thought it was OTT...now they're against us?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Come on, There's no agenda except to sell papers.

Just a couple of weeks ago they had centre page spreads on Rooney's goal against City and other fans thought it was OTT...now they're against us?
Fair point, but I just think when our players/manager does something wrong we don't get the same treatment as other teams.

For example, Martinez at the weekend said something like if it was a Wigan player who did what Rooney had, they would have been very lucky not to get sent off - implying the referee favoured United in that incident. No-one seems to have made a big deal about those comments, yet they're all over SAF after his comments.

Inigo Montoya

Fair point, but I just think when our players/manager does something wrong we don't get the same treatment as other teams.

For example, Martinez at the weekend said something like if it was a Wigan player who did what Rooney had, they would have been very lucky not to get sent off - implying the referee favoured United in that incident. No-one seems to have made a big deal about those comments, yet they're all over SAF after his comments.
He was careful not to involve the ref directly in his comments...you can't vilify the guy based on an inferrence

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was careful not to involve the ref directly in his comments...you can't vilify the guy based on an inferrence
Eh? Linesmen do the sending off now then do they? Must have missed that memo...

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Oh right. In that case, I suggest that the poster who made the quoted comment, whoever that might be, on Saturday nights throws on a nice dress, goes out to dive bars, and insist that everybody call him Mrs. Haberdasher. It's only an inference though, so don't worry.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Conspiracy theories are likely to flying round on Twitter now as in Fergie sulking and other such bollocks.

He's the last person to give it a moments thought.He'll be getting his players focused on the game
Press conferences are done mainly for the benefit of the journos and media, not Fergie or United.

Time they remembered that.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Press conferences are done mainly for the benefit of the journos and media, not Fergie or United.

Time they remembered that.
Well ultimately its for the fans too.

It would be nice if we got an update from the manager before such a big match. I'm guessing he will be doing a piece with MUTV as usual.

jazza13

Me thinks, he probably just doesn't want to give anything away about the Liverpool game, in terms of how he and the team are dealing with the loss. Dalglish wants to go on about how the team is going to be prepared for the game against United, we'll keep our mouth shut and then run them off the field come game time. And so what if Carrol plays? We played against him before on the first day of the season and he was anonymous. And the next w/e he scored a hattrick against Villa. Shame there's no Vidic though. But we'll be right.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I reckon Obertan is gonna come out, say 'Gotcha!' and then walk off...

Status
Not open for further replies.