Presser vs Newcastle

Dudu

Sancho Available! McT, Telles close.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
How much of a lift can Ronaldo give the rest of the squad?

"I wasn't confused when I spoke to you, you were confused, I was quite happy at that moment but couldn't say everything.

"Cristiano coming back in, just the way he's conducted himself this week, we know what he's achieved in his career but he wants to achieve more, he puts demands, he's lived his life with the discipline of a top prof, ever since I came here he was the first one who did preparation well, every day 45 mins before the training session and we started looking at this kid and he'll have an effect on all of the players.

"We've grown as a group the last few years, the determination, desire focus, bit by bit like bringing Rapahel (Varane) in, he's brought a winner's mentality, there's no place to hide with winners like them, you can't go in 95% focused, it's been great having him in."

Last edited:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Fred ban latest
"Lose, lose situation, national teams, players, clubs, it's been a farce, really.
"The players want to play but we all know what kind of situation we find ourselves in the last year and a half with the pandemic, to limit the spread of the virus, we've worked really hard to try and find a way, private jets, there are ways of getting them in and out but all of the decisions have gone against the players, want to play for national teams and clubs but not allowed. disappointed with the whole thing, common sense might not be common anymore.
"Fingers crossed, some sense comes into people's minds."

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
"They're all training. Dean (Henderson) has not got the after-effect and tiredness anymore, that's very positive. (Alex) Telles is not 100 per cent yet, still a few weeks and Scott (McTominay) has recovered very quickly from the operation. He's probably not gonna play, depending on who we've got available and can use.

"Jadon's (Sancho) come back in with a minor knock but is determined to play, to be fit, he's available, that's a positive. Cristiano's trained all week, we didn't get anyone injured in internationals, not a lot of recoveries but they will be available, I think."

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
How does Ronaldo fit in now?

"Everyone evolves and develop throughout their career, Cristiano is a different player to one who left but he's in such good nick still and will be looking in next few years to play and score as many goals as he can but also to be on the end of crosses and he's added something extra.

"We don't have his skill set in the team, the mix, no one has really. He is one of the best players that's ever played the game."

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
How to deal with dynamic of managing a superstar?

"That's fine. We've got mutual respect for each other, who cannot have but he knows I've got to make the decisions when to play, when not to play, it's my job to manage him and we get the best out of him, I wanna see the best out of Cristiano and that comes from communication.

"We spent a few years together at the club, we know each other, he doesn't need me to tell him what to do, he's already had determination and desire to be the best and he's the one I've seen that's prepared and taken steps he needed to.

"Ryan Giggs played until 40 and I'm not gonna be surprised if Cristiano ends up with the same age as Ryan."

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So no Scott and no Fred. I don't think Donny and Matic have looked good in partnership. A bit worrying it has to be said. On the flip side, I would expect Mejbri to be on the bench.

Question is, is it Matic and Pogba or Donny and Pogba. Would expect the former.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
How has Ronaldo evolved as a player?
"He has developed, he has evolved as age goes by you have to change your game a little bit. You won't see those 18, 19, 20 stepovers before he goes past you! He has developed into one of the most accurate finishers.
"What he has developed on at Real Madrid has impressed us all. He is one of the best in the air, he still hits the target 99 out fof 100 times when he shoots from outside the box as well. He knows the game more, the positions and he is still as quick as he was it looks like, from the stats.
"Everyone is going to look up to him and he is going to be a leader in this dressing room."

Mickson

Obviously Ole's talking about training which is different to games.
Why would he talk about training, and why should we care if he hits the target in training when he doesn't do it in games? I'm sure Fred hits the target in training too.

Withnail

Why would he talk about training, and why should we care if he hits the target in training when he doesn't do it in games? I'm sure Fred hits the target in training too.
So you think he's talking about the games he's watched him play for Juve and is just telling outrageous lies?

I know which I think is more believable.

Mickson

So you think he's talking about the games he's watched him play for Juve and is just telling outrageous lies?

I know which I think is more believable.
That's exactly what I think. He thinks Ronaldo hits the target from outside the box in games. I don't think he's lying, he just doesn't know.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
That's exactly what I think. He thinks Ronaldo hits the target from outside the box in games. I don't think he's lying, he just doesn't know.
Who gives a toss about such a throwaway comment? Ridiculously petty.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Shame Ole didn't check stats site before answering that question.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You lot get funny over the weirdest things sometimes.

Ole'sgunnarwin

The greatest player of all time, better than Pele, better than Maradona, better than Messi is about to play for us tomorrow. Absolutely buzzing, what a moment.