Pro Cycling 2020 **Giro d'Italia 2020 **

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Such a daaaaamn shame that Pogacar lost that time yesterday with the wind. Looks like the best one in the mountains so far and at least someone who's willing to attack. He's a minute(!) in front of the elite group.

Idiotic tactics by Jumbo too, unnecessarily isolating Roglic like that.

Ainu

A sea of people, this is exactly what this Tour didn't need or want. I'd give every single one of them a massive fine. Utterly irresponsible behaviour.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
This Tour is wide open right now. If Pogacar rides a good descent he could be in yellow after today too. I think Roglic is the better descendant(?) though.

EDIT: ah no, only 44" at the top between him and Roglic/Quintana, that's not gonna be enough.

Ainu

Jumbo threw away Dumoulin's chances for absolutely nothing. He probably wasn't feeling great but surely he would've stayed with the group if he didn't waste his energy. I don't get this at all.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Jumbo threw away Dumoulin's chances for absolutely nothing. He probably wasn't feeling great but surely he would've stayed with the group if he didn't waste his energy. I don't get this at all.
Yeah same, sacrificed him for nothing at all. It wasn't even necessary to do this.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Let alone that he improved a time from the EPO era by 45", 6.8W/kg for an extended period of time is absolutely bananas :eek:

RedFish

Just a Cat 3 in about 30k and then a 13 km Cat 1 up the Marie Blanque before the 15 km down hill finish. JV doing their utmost to prevent any attacks though :mad:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Just a Cat 3 in about 30k and then a 13 km Cat 1 up the Marie Blanque before the 15 km down hill finish. JV doing their utmost to prevent any attacks though :mad:
Van Aert could get another stage victory today if the big guys don't wanna attack on the last col, which I doubt they will with all the kilometres left after the top.

RedFish

Van Aert could get another stage victory today if the big guys don't wanna attack on the last col, which I doubt they will with all the kilometres left after the top.
Yep, it's on. Any one with the balls to attack , could take the gap all the way to finish given that at least 12-13km of the last 25 km is down the col.
Castrojievo is in the breakaway, don't know if that's a sign they want to get Bernal across , more likely a defensive move.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yep, it's on. Any one with the balls to attack , could take the gap all the way to finish given that at least 12-13km of the last 25 km is down the col.
Castrojievo is in the breakaway, don't know if that's a sign they want to get Bernal across , more likely a defensive move.
Sorry but :lol:.

JPRouve

Scout
Sorry, but what are you laughing at you frog?

The typo Castroviejo or the defensive move by Ineos by placing him in the breakaway so protecting Bernal from getting isolated.
I bolded the part I was laughing at. I tried to pronounce the typo before realizing what it was.

JPRouve

Scout
Roglic is frustrating, he seems to be able to attack but refuses to do so.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Would be a monumental effort by Hirschi to keep this distance. Don't think he'll do it.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Just seen that the last 7km are flat or even slightly uphill, according to the profile of the stage. No way he makes it.

EDIT: feck it went from 13 to 27 seconds :lol: Will depend on how well they work together in the background I guess.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Aarrghhhh FFS, really wanted Hirschi to come away with that :(

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
No positive tests by any riders, seems hard to believe but good news of course.

4 teams have had one positive test amongst their staff though: AG2R, Cofidis, Ineos and Mitchelton. Another positive one next week means they're gone, not exactly good news for Bernal.

Christian Prudhomme has also tested positive.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

4 teams have had one positive test amongst their staff though: AG2R, Cofidis, Ineos and Mitchelton. Another positive one next week means they're gone, not exactly good news for Bernal.

Is it cumulative like that, or does it need to be two positive tests in a team in one day, or in some short timespan?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Is it cumulative like that, or does it need to be two positive tests in a team in one day, or in some short timespan?
Cumulative within a week I think so 1 positive case at Ineos at the next rest day sends the whole team home.

Suedesi

Wait, we're talking COVID or EPO here? :lol::lol::lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
What the feck Sagan? That warrants a DQ.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
And he's DQ'd. That's probably that for green, Bennett has got this now.