Pro Cycling 2021

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I heard that they’re going to sue her for that. Hopefully they’ll go for something with some teeth to make a point and deter other idiots/chancers.
Apparently the cnut is on the run! No idea how no one stopped her there and then. Deserves every bit of the lawsuits coming her way.

TheLiverBird

She’s not likely to have the courage to face up to her actions. Feckin coward.
I believe the sign she was holding up was in German too so she may well have bolted back across the border

although I’m sure surely social media will oust her out, somebody must know her

unbelievable scenes to be honest, and I’ve seen people online mentioning how did other spectators allow her to run from the scene, well that’s quite easy to answer I suspect, the other spectators will no doubt have been paying attention to just the scale of the crash occurring in front of them and not the stupid woman that caused It

She hasn’t helped her stupidity by running from the scene, she’s caused some incredibly serious injury’s to several riders

Obviously she didnt mean to cause such carnage, but she needs to own up to her actions and face the music, maybe because she ran from the scene she could face jail time?

Last edited:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I'm surprised that the crowd crash doesn't happen more often to be honest. It has definitely ruined lots of riders plans though, and I'm surprised there were not more retirements as a result of them.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
This legit made me somewhat emotional (might've been the alcohol after washing down the Dutch NT being frauds though). Dunno if you can see it outside of NL, but it's the first post match interview he gave yesterday.

When Van der Poel has something on his mind and smells the finish line, he can go into beast mode like you very seldomly see. Commentators were just perplexed over here. He's going for gold at the MTB Olympics later this summer, somehow I feel the combination he's trying to make this season is just a little too ambitious and he's not going to get it. But you never know with this guy.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
This legit made me somewhat emotional (might've been the alcohol after washing down the Dutch NT being frauds though). Dunno if you can see it outside of NL, but it's the first post match interview he gave yesterday.

When Van der Poel has something on his mind and smells the finish line, he can go into beast mode like you very seldomly see. Almost bizarre.

He's going for gold at the MTB Olympics later this summer, somehow I feel the combination he's trying to make this season is just a little too ambitious and he's not going to get it. But you never know with this guy.
I shed a tear when I saw him break down post-race and then smile in the yellow jersey, so beautiful knowing the background with Poulidor.

Almost feel dirty by actively rooting for two Dutchmen with VDP and Verstappen these days :lol: But he's just such a phenomenon. With almost every other rider you'd think it's suicide to go on the first passage of the Mûr de Bretagne but not him.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
I shed a tear when I saw him break down post-race and then smile in the yellow jersey, so beautiful knowing the background with Poulidor.

Almost feel dirty by actively rooting for two Dutchmen with VDP and Verstappen these days :lol: But he's just such a phenomenon. With almost every other rider you'd think it's suicide to go on the first passage of the Mûr de Bretagne but not him.
It's ok, with VDP being born in Belgium living there his whole life and Verstappen's mother being Belgian you're allowed to enjoy it, don't have to feel dirty! :lol:

And yeah Van der Poel really is a phenomenon, I've seen various ex-riders just being in awe with him over the years murmuring like 'I don't know where he gets that from, his dad was a good rider and all that but not like this'. Must be his momma's genes or something.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'd say that's game over for Thomas and his GC ambition, even if he gets back to the peloton. Looks to be in serious pain in some shots.

Carapaz also involved, not good for Ineos. Meanwhile Gesink has quit, also an important piece for Jumbo.

I'm really rooting for Cav today.

F-Red

I'd agree on the game over part, he's in the drops trying not to over extend his arms on the hoods. Dislocated shoulder apparently, Ineos now working hard to get him back on.

Head says Ewan, heart says Cav for today's finish.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
He's fine, you pussies.
Certainly didn't/doesn't look that way even if he's back in the peloton. Same happened in last year's Giro when he had to abandon the day after.

You need all conditions to be 200% perfect in order to beat Roglic or Pogacar - even if he's "fine" and can continue, he won't come anywhere near them imo.

RedFish

Certainly didn't/doesn't look that way even if he's back in the peloton. Same happened in last year's Giro when he had to abandon the day after.

You need all conditions to be 200% perfect in order to beat Roglic or Pogacar - even if he's "fine" and can continue, he won't come anywhere near them imo.
I'm only joking my man. Let's see how it all plays out.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'm only joking my man. Let's see how it all plays out.
Ah wasn't sure, you're an avid Ineos fan aren't you? :D

Might be a blessing in disguise, I rate Carapaz higher to be honest at this point.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Either way, the only hope Ineos have for GC (apart from the Slovenians crashing obviously) is some big crosswind action. Carapaz will lose something like 2 minutes in just the time trials so he`ll need some outlandish mountain performances with Roglic and Pogacar to busy looking at each other. Thomas won`t be strong enough in the mountains.
Nevertheless, it`s always a shame to see these crashes, especially with poor Gesink having to abandon now.

F-Red

Roglic down as well, Pogacar's odds for the GC improving by the KM on this stage :lol:

Kasper

Supports
Sprinter teams are drilling it, this will be a minute for Roglic, yikes.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
ANOTHER one. Pogacar himself involved now, good for Roglic’ chances to get back.

Don’t count out Sagan today with so much chaos.

F-Red

Bloody hell, didn't look good for that Bahrain rider. Lost count on the crashes so far.

F-Red

Easy in the end for Merlier. Ewan looked like he was looking for someone to lean against & just completely lost the bike.

Absolute bonkers finish to a stage.

Kasper

Supports
I think Ewan just touched the wheel of the guy in front of him.

Questions will obviously be asked about the technical last kilometers and if it`s necessary to have it like that - on the other hand, you can`t just have UAE tour/Turkey style races on highways all the time and I feel its also a lot down to how the races are being approached. The tour is simply so outrageously big in comparisons to other races that tensions are just super high all the times and teams are nervous as feck because they want stage wins.

It`s weird, there`s a lot of logistics these days going into riders safety but I feel in the last decade there`ve been way more GC relevant early crashes then when I was young. The likes of Armstrong, Ullrich, Pantani always seemed to get through the first week with no issues whatsoever.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
There was nothing wrong with the finish or last kilometers imo. Teams are just waaaay too nervous and take silly risks to be out in the front. Just like you say, can’t have a finish on a highway each day - staying upright and steering is an important part of cycling still.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Absolute bloodbath. Seems like covid and social distancing has made these guys forget how to ride in a peloton.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Disaster day for Jumbo but Van Aert positioned exceptionally well now before the TT this week. It’ll be between him and Pogacar for the yellow jersey on Wednesday imo, 8” difference.

Kasper

Supports
Disaster day for Jumbo but Van Aert positioned exceptionally well now before the TT this week. It’ll be between him and Pogacar for the yellow jersey on Wednesday imo, 8” difference.
WVA to take the yellow on Wednesday then strike a deal with MVDP to break away on stage 7 on that 250km classic style route taking 2 minutes on Pogacar, limit his losses in the mountains thanks to super domestique Roglic and take back the yellow in the final time trial. I told you and @Ainu that he'll be transformed into a GC beast when you guys complained that he's botching his cobbled talent, looks like I'll have the last laugh:devil::nervous:

He'll probably catch the flu or something now that I jinxed him.

Ainu

WVA to take the yellow on Wednesday then strike a deal with MVDP to break away on stage 7 on that 250km classic style route taking 2 minutes on Pogacar, limit his losses in the mountains thanks to super domestique Roglic and take back the yellow in the final time trial. I told you and @Ainu that he'll be transformed into a GC beast when you guys complained that he's botching his cobbled talent, looks like I'll have the last laugh:devil::nervous:

He'll probably catch the flu or something now that I jinxed him.
I'll gladly admit my error if that were to happen, but we all know it won't. :) Yellow after tomorrow is a realistic target though. How brilliant would it be if all three of Alaphilippe, van der Poel and van Aert would've held the jersey at some point in the first 5 days?

For now though, I'm just going to pray everyone makes it through today's stage in one piece. Enough with the crashes.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
How do you not love cycling? Absolutely mesmerizing stuff. Van Moer is a future stage winner, no doubt.

Cavendish though, what a redemption story. So happy for him although I'd of course have been delighted for Jasper as well.

Sheesh what a final.

Zen

OMG. Massive kudos to Cav.

If that's the highlight for British sports today though..... finish the job England.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
That post-race interview was emotional. I don't wanna know in what kind of dark place he's been mentally in the past, he just seems so amazed that guys like Alaphilippe even believe in him and want to work for him in the final. From thinking you're done at the highest level to actually winning a stage in the Tour again, after all the pieces have fallen right into place for it to happen, this is an incredible story. You can see that the guy just loves cycling, how can you not love him for that.