Pro Evolution 2017

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
@amolbhatia50k have you started your download?

I'm getting mine delivered to work tomorrow. The missus is working this weekend, so I'll give it a proper bash and report back Monday! :drool:

Can't wait. Will install the option file first thing as well. Never did the option file in '16.
Almost done downloading. Looking for options file, meanwhile. Let me know if you find a good one.

Woodzy

Really? I don't care about competition logos so it seems like all can be done in a few minutes. I'll probably pick this up after work. NBA 2K17 is going to destroy this tomorrow but what the hell.
Yep. I can't remember the exact option you need to pick but it's there on the import menu with the rest of the stuff. I think it's 'import a team'

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Got it before and had one friendly. The gameplay is brilliant. Genuinely one of the best football games I have ever played.

Someone link me up to the option file.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Option file installing is brilliant. Installation process takes about 15 minutes but it only takes about 3 or 4 button presses to get it installing. The rest of the magic is done for you. Go make a cup of tea and enjoy a fully patched game when you are done.
Could you link me the option file please pal?

JP77

Going to wait for a better option file. The one in this thread doesn't have the Championship teams done, otherwise it's quite nice, took about 4-5 minutes to do all of the importing and then a matter of a few minutes to manually do the league logos/names. There's a few other option files coming along nicely so I think I'll just wait until the weekend the mess around with it again.

Straight into myClub, scoring and defending feels tougher this year IMO.

Bojan11

Played the non ranked online.

I'd just sum it up. Barcelona, Barcelona, Barcelona, Barcelona and Barcelona. Was there a version going around that has only Barcelona in it? Because it's really taking the biscuit that there are no filters in this. You choose any team and you end up facing Barcelona.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

I'd just sum it up. Barcelona, Barcelona, Barcelona, Barcelona and Barcelona. Was there a version going around that has only Barcelona in it? Because it's really taking the biscuit that there are no filters in this. You choose any team and you end up facing Barcelona.
PES is not supposed to be played online. Never has been.

NM

Last year was the same in both PES and FIFA. Barca, Madrid, Munich. Repeat. It always will be when those teams are simply better than the rest.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
What'd you mean "not supposed to be"? It's 2016, surely any sports game should be. Do you just mean it's got a shit online experience?

Sarni

Last year was the same in both PES and FIFA. Barca, Madrid, Munich. Repeat. It always will be when those teams are simply better than the rest.
In FIFA you won't be playing Barcelona if you select a 4.5 star team. If you select Leicester for instance you will never play Barca.

Sarni

What'd you mean "not supposed to be"? It's 2016, surely any sports game should be. Do you just mean it's got a shit online experience?
Yep. Last year was tragic, significant lags and terrible matchmaking. If you combined FIFA's online, presentation, responsiveness and some of the movements (plus this years shooting as I feel it might be better) with PES passing and movement, you would have a perfect football game.

Bojan11

What? You could say that about most games from FIFA to MK.

Obviously they won't be as good playing offline.

You don't include a online mode since 2004 on the original Xbox if it's not meant to be played online.

Did you play online last year?

Last edited:

zain

Believe
How are the online games on the PS4?
I remember last year being nothing but lag and lack of response to buttons.. I play football games only online as I can't be bothered facing AI.

Whether the online gaming has lag or not is what is going to make my decision about going for PES or not.
Also, is online play also again region locked? My question is that being in North America, can I play my friends in Europe? Or is that going to be an issue again?

Sarni

What? You could say that about most games from FIFA to MK.

Obviously they won't be as good playing online.

You don't include a online mode since 2004 on the original Xbox if it's not meant to be played online.

Did you play online last year?
I tried, found it awful. It wasn't responsive, matchmaking was dreadful.

Sarni

How are the online games on the PS4?
I remember last year being nothing but lag and lack of response to buttons.. I play football games only online as I can't be bothered facing AI.

Whether the online gaming has lag or not is what is going to make my decision about going for PES or not.
Also, is online play also again region locked? My question is that being in North America, can I play my friends in Europe? Or is that going to be an issue again?
Well that is also the issue, the game seems to match you with anyone instead of searching for people around you, so you often end up playing against people from the other side of the globe which only emphasizes the lag.

Woodzy

Could you link me the option file please pal?
It was the one that was linked earlier in this thread.

There is a lot missing but it is enough to tie you over until a complete file is released.

In fact, I played the game with a lot less edited than last year and it took me about about 5 or 6 hours to do it all myself.

zain

Believe
Well that is also the issue, the game seems to match you with anyone instead of searching for people around you, so you often end up playing against people from the other side of the globe which only emphasizes the lag.
I see,
but I can play with a specific friend online if I want correct? Like FIFA has online friendlies, I can just tell a mate of mine, "hey come online, and let's have a game of PES" correct?

JB7

Do you's play using fully manual settings on Pro Evo or that kind of the thing only neccesary for FIFA? Weighing up whether I should get it tonight to try out for a couple weeks.

Meller

Worth buying? Sick of FIFA these days as I hate playing online. Or well I'd love to play online if the players online weren't such massive twats. But they are so I don't like playing online. On PS4 without ever trying the option file thing, how does that work? Download from where? Install to how?

JP77

So far online is running smooth for me in myClub. They also added some sort of connection search thing this year too although I haven't bothered messing with it yet as everything has ran completely fine in matches so far for me.

For those asking if it's worth buying, I'd honesty say you need to try it yourself. Try the demo if you're sceptical. Personally I think it's great, but it's all about preference and what feels right for you.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Probably gonna get PES this year instead of Fifa but haven't played it in years. Does the option file edit everything? Like clubs names, players names and kits?

Gameplay is key but authenticity is a big deal too. Don't want to scoring for Man Red with Pobga at the Red Brick Stadium.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Few questions before I buy this.

Are the transfers up to date?
What's the best OF?
Is the game really that good? I've played the demo but the game always changes for the worst when the full game comes out.

Woodzy

Few questions before I buy this.

Are the transfers up to date?
What's the best OF?
Is the game really that good? I've played the demo but the game always changes for the worst when the full game comes out.
Are the transfers up to date? Yes. Live update feature has been implemented like Fifa so transfers and stats will be updated weekly based on form.
What's the best OF? Quite a lot of them are on the same sort of level atm, but I would go with PES World as it'll probably end up being the best.
Is the game really that good? I've played the demo but the game always changes for the worst when the full game comes out. Exactly the same as the demo in my opinion. If anything the shooting is slightly improved.

JB7

Another question sorry - if I buy this it'll be almost exclusively for Master League. So whats the story there, is it still only two leagues or can you start any further down than that? Seems to be a relative dearth of info regarding ML online this year.

Oh and I'm presuming that I can use a Mac for the Option Files? Stupid question maybe but all the tutorials (look very simple I'm pleased to see!) use Windows... Also, are you limited to two kit, or can you import third kits in using the Option Files?

Sorry guys - not bought PES for a good 5/6 years!

Last edited:

Gasolin

Looks like the first option file of PES World is out, for EPL.

I saw the live update and was delighted to see Pogba, Zlatan and Bailly in my United team! And you can play with them online too, so that's pretty cool.

The only drawback is that apparently the games are "geolocalized" so I can't play against persons in Europe using the normal online feature, but well... also when doing Shareplay, the edits don't work. But just had a cool game against @ArmandTamzarian through Shareplay!

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Looks like the first option file of PES World is out, for EPL.

I saw the live update and was delighted to see Pogba, Zlatan and Bailly in my United team! And you can play with them online too, so that's pretty cool.

The only drawback is that apparently the games are "geolocalized" so I can't play against persons in Europe using the normal online feature, but well... also when doing Shareplay, the edits don't work. But just had a cool game against @ArmandTamzarian through Shareplay!
Any idea when PES world will release a La Liga and Seria A file. Itching to start a master league ha.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Been playing the demo loads on my PS3 it's quality. Not able to buy myself a PS4 for another month or two so I'm gonna have to get the PS3 version for now to tide me over.

Woodzy

Played 3 games this evening and each one was entirely different. Everything that irritated me from 2016 is gone.

CPU got sent off in two of the games I played!

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Thinking about getting this. Haven't bought PES since PS2 era. Not very impressed with the FIFA 17 demo

Considering United aren't licensed will all our players have fake faces even with the kit downloading file?

Sweet Square

Thinking about getting this. Haven't bought PES since PS2 era. Not very impressed with the FIFA 17 demo

Considering United aren't licensed will all our players have fake faces even with the kit downloading file?
There aren't fake faces in the game.(I'm pretty sure I played a old football game where regardless of nationality all the number 7's look the same.)The only things that are fake in the game are the kits and stadiums.