Problems: 1. Casemiro 2. Bruno 3. ETH 4. Rashford

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
These are our 4 main problems at the moment IMO.

1. Casemiro. A good DM is mobile and covers a large part of the pitch. A good DM reads the game well to shield the defense. A good DM keeps possession and rarely makes poor passes out of the defense. A good DM is a commanding presence in the middle of the pitch. Right now, Casemiro can only read the game well. This doesn't help him much because his legs can't get him to the spot he needs to be to affect the play. Hence, all the late tackles and yellow cards. I contend Casemiro is the main reason for our terrible defense and overall play. All good back 4s need a player to shield them and disrupt play. Casemiro has not been a good DM since last spring and ETH has to recognize this is the number one problem. If not solved, we will continue to lose.

2. Bruno. A good AM knows when to keep possession and when to hit a penetrating pass. A good AM can create space for himself to either get a shot off or make a pass. A good AM can dribble by a defender if the defender commits too much. Bruno could really never do the last two items because he is not very quick. A perfect example is when he tried to kick the ball with his right around his left. He made moves to create space but could not so he tried something almost impossible and he failed. Bruno is good, though, when he understands the first item, keeping possession and picking your spots. Right now he is terrible at this and ETH doesn't seem to care. Lastly, Bruno has the worst body language a captain could have.

3. ETH. Some of his decisions have been really daft. Picking Bruno as captain is one. Good captains don't blame the referees and your own players for poor plays. ETH also is too stubborn with positions. He stuck with Rashford too long as striker. He continues to play Bruno as a right winger. And now it looks like he'll continue with Amrabat as left back. This is mind boggling to say the least. Perhaps most importantly, though, is his unwillingness to drop out of form players like Casemiro, Bruno and Rashford. A manager will lose the dressing room doing stuff like this.

4. Rashford. Some will say Rashford should be higher up the list. However, if Rashford was playing with form we might have a couple of more wins and fewer losses. The problem is that would just mask the other serious problems above. We are not playing well because our spine, Casemiro and Bruno, are playing like crap and the manager has to see this.

tomaldinho1

I love how has erratic as Case has been, he’s suddenly No 1 problem above the bang average guys like Dalot who play regularly.

Steve Bruce

If we changed out rashford, casemiro and bruno, you'll soon realise that the problem isn't solved.

Then we'll have another 3 scapegoats, then it'll be someone else.

The problem is much more than a few players, it comes from the top all the way down.

gerdm07

I love how has erratic as Case has been, he’s suddenly No 1 problem above the bang average guys like Dalot who play regularly.
If you have an erratic DM that affects the whole team. A better DM would probably make Dalot a little better because he would have a more reliable option to pass to.

Jericholyte2

These are our 4 main problems at the moment IMO.

1. Casemiro. A good DM is mobile and covers a large part of the pitch. A good DM reads the game well to shield the defense. A good DM keeps possession and rarely makes poor passes out of the defense. A good DM is a commanding presence in the middle of the pitch. Right now, Casemiro can only read the game well. This doesn't help him much because his legs can't get him to the spot he needs to be to affect the play. Hence, all the late tackles and yellow cards. I contend Casemiro is the main reason for our terrible defense and overall play. All good back 4s need a player to shield them and disrupt play. Casemiro has not been a good DM since last spring and ETH has to recognize this is the number one problem. If not solved, we will continue to lose.

2. Bruno. A good AM knows when to keep possession and when to hit a penetrating pass. A good AM can create space for himself to either get a shot off or make a pass. A good AM can dribble by a defender if the defender commits too much. Bruno could really never do the last two items because he is not very quick. A perfect example is when he tried to kick the ball with his right around his left. He made moves to create space but could not so he tried something almost impossible and he failed. Bruno is good, though, when he understands the first item, keeping possession and picking your spots. Right now he is terrible at this and ETH doesn't seem to care. Lastly, Bruno has the worst body language a captain could have.

3. ETH. Some of his decisions have been really daft. Picking Bruno as captain is one. Good captains don't blame the referees and your own players for poor plays. ETH also is too stubborn with positions. He stuck with Rashford too long as striker. He continues to play Bruno as a right winger. And now it looks like he'll continue with Amrabat as left back. This is mind boggling to say the least. Perhaps most importantly, though, is his unwillingness to drop out of form players like Casemiro, Bruno and Rashford. A manager will lose the dressing room doing stuff like this.

4. Rashford. Some will say Rashford should be higher up the list. However, if Rashford was playing with form we might have a couple of more wins and fewer losses. The problem is that would just mask the other serious problems above. We are not playing well because our spine, Casemiro and Bruno, are playing like crap and the manager has to see this.
4, 2, 1, 3

gerdm07

If we changed out rashford, casemiro and bruno, you'll soon realise that the problem isn't solved.

Then we'll have another 3 scapegoats, then it'll be someone else.

The problem is much more than a few players, it comes from the top all the way down.
Rashford's number 4 because he should still start. If he is not playing well Garnacho comes in for him at the half. That's pretty simple.

I'm positive if we play Amrabat as DM and Mount as AM we would be a better side. A big club like ours should be able to find a young player for LB. Or we go to 3-5-2 and use Dalot and Garnacho as WB. There are options and right now ETH is choosing the worst.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I wouldn’t say Casemiro is the main problem or playing bad. The issue we’re having with him and him bein in DM is the fact he never stays back and he always roams further than the CM/AM sometimes. But we don’t know if that’s a ETH tactic thing. ETH as manager should be telling the DM to stay back and dictate play. There’s no reason to go where the AM plays. If he stays back then it allows the players further forward more freedom. He offers us a massive threat on set pieces though, scores a few headers for us. One of our biggest issues is the squad coming out of shape when we’re defending, we don’t defend as a unit, when the first person presses of the opposition gets past him then there’s a massive space for them to run into. We lack organisation as a team and that’s down to the coaches.

tomaldinho1

If you have an erratic DM that affects the whole team. A better DM would probably make Dalot a little better because he would have a more reliable option to pass to.
We have an erratic GK, RB, CB, CB, No LB, DM, CM, AM, and LW. Plus the MG and Antony issues.

Hojlund has been relatively steady I'd say

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
1, 2, 3, 4, (5?)
everybody on the caf’ come on, let's ride
we don’t score direct from cor-ners
but that’s cos we really don’t wanna,
big loss like we had last week
we must stay deep, 'cause midfield’s weak
it’s rashy, cashy, haggy and skipper
and as i continue, you know they gettin' shitter
so what can we do? i really beg you, my ratt
to me, losin' is just the sport
anything fly, it's all good, let me dump it
ten hag out thread? i bump it.

a little bit of rashy on the left?
a little bit of ‘batty the wrong side
a little bit of marti’s all i need
a little bit of jonny’s what i see
a little bit of dalot on the run
a little bit of rassie all night long
a little bit of mounty, here i am
a little bit of greenwood makes me sick

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Our problem is the other teams keep scoring more goals than us. Makes you think.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
An example of our team without the above named offenders in it:

----------------------------------Onana

Dalot-----------Lindelof----------Varane---------Amrabat

-----------------------------McTominay

----------------------VDB------------------------------------------Mount
Pellistri------------------Hojlund------------------Garancho

Manager: Redcafe

Cool. All problems solved. 100% win ratio.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Probably Garancho and Varane would magically become problems then though because their erratic play would cause Dalot to get shielded out of play and into the goal by Wilfried Zaha or something.

Then after that it would be Hojlund. Bissaka would come back for a while so we couldn't be having that either.

Then we'd finally be getting towards having no talented players left in the team for the caf to pick on.

Probably Garancho and Varane would magically become problems then though because their erratic play would cause Dalot to get shielded out of play and into the goal by Wilfried Zaha or something.
:lol:

Seriously though, I get that we're complete shite right now but "a better DM [than Casemiro] would probably make Dalot better" might just be the worst take I've read on the internet this season.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Casemiro needs a rest now and then. He shouldn't be playing every single minute as you can see he isn't mobile enough to cover the ground properly. Keep him fresh rather than grinding him down to dust.

He's been one of the few players capable of actually scoring this season.

The_Midfielder

He's not the worst player on the team, but if a young Kante or Robson were to show up tomorrow, we wouldn't be in any position to sign them.
Maybe play him higher ..
Remove him from Dm duty

Problem is we are not scoring ..

gerdm07

So you guys think a midfield of Amrabat, ????? and Mount would not be better than Casemiro, ????? and Bruno?

gerdm07

:lol:

Seriously though, I get that we're complete shite right now but "a better DM [than Casemiro] would probably make Dalot better" might just be the worst take I've read on the internet this season.
A good DM or CM makes everyone around him a better player. That's just a fact.

IRELANDUNITED

Do we really need a new topic every time someone is bored and come up with thoughts in their head? Surely the few doom and gloom threads we have already would have sufficed?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I'd go so far as to say none of these points are a problem.
Rashford has still been out most potent attacking player.
Bruno is still the hardest worker on the pitch and without him we'd be even worse,
Casemiro needs assistance on the middle of the pitch,
EtH is stubborn but has shown adaptability, now it's time for him to earn his money

FriedClams

1, 2, 3, 4, (5?)
everybody on the caf’ come on, let's ride
we don’t score direct from cor-ners
but that’s cos we really don’t wanna,
big loss like we had last week
we must stay deep, 'cause midfield’s weak
it’s rashy, cashy, haggy and skipper
and as i continue, you know they gettin' shitter
so what can we do? i really beg you, my ratt
to me, losin' is just the sport
anything fly, it's all good, let me dump it