Protest at Old Trafford

Maticmaker

I don't think so - not even from that Finnish chancer !
That's the problem, you would think that the more serious bidders would have extended an invitation to such as MUST, not to try to negotiate at this stage, but to listen to the concerns, might even made some attempt at prioritising them?

Leaves us with the problem, are the serious bidders, that serious?
Are they unwilling to even talk to the fans representatives, in case that somehow weakens their case (don't see why it should) with the current owners?
Are they just interested in the finances, if so, are they really just a gentler/carer face of Glazar'ism, will they be any better than the Glazers,???

Suppose we need a way of looking into their 'souls'!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
That's the problem, you would think that the more serious bidders would have extended an invitation to such as MUST, not to try to negotiate at this stage, but to listen to the concerns, might even made some attempt at prioritising them?

Leaves us with the problem, are the serious bidders, that serious?
Are they unwilling to even talk to the fans representatives, in case that somehow weakens their case (don't see why it should) with the current owners?
Are they just interested in the finances, if so, are they really just a gentler/carer face of Glazar'ism, will they be any better than the Glazers,???

Suppose we need a way of looking into their 'souls'!
The reality is that the fans are an afterthought - everything at the moment is between the Glazers and the bidders and it is known that the Glazers have discouraged any bidders from that kind of PR anyway

We can just hope that whoever comes in does engage with fan groups

Maticmaker

The reality is that the fans are an afterthought - everything at the moment is between the Glazers and the bidders and it is known that the Glazers have discouraged any bidders from that kind of PR anyway

We can just hope that whoever comes in does engage with fan groups
They certainly are, IMO the moment you were able to watch a live match on TV, (other than the FA Cup) the fans who actually go to the games were no longer top of the clubs list of people to keep happy.

Ultimately some sort of 'super league' will emerge where in the comfort of your own home you can watch any live match in that league, wherever you are in the world. It really won't matter whether 75000 fans are happy or not inside the ground when 750 million fans can watch the game, via the 'pay-as-you watch' concessions available from world media giants like Disney+, Amazon, etc.around the globe.
I think the PL, which is 'ipso-facto' the current super league, or at least the most sought after in terms of TV audiences, needs to get ahead of the others around Europe who want the new all 'singing and dancing', no relegation, fixed club, etc. Super League. Its imperative that the top 6-10 clubs in the PL stay with it and are not seduced into some new body, by owners who have only one thought, to make more money!

I am personally of the conviction that the Glazers are only now considering selling the club because the initial attempt at creating the ultimate 'Golden cash cow' league failed, they know in time it will be back, but with the UK government about to appoint a football regulator its not likely to be anytime soon, from British clubs perspective anyway. So they plan to realise their gains on the building up of the asset, and get out!

The old joke about 80% of United fans have never visited OT will be writ large and mostly true and lets be honest all United fans have a right to watch their team live, where ever they are, also even in the UK if you are a family of one or two adults and two kids, buying a single Disney+ 'watch a live match' ticket where you can all stay home and watch without the cost of travel, food, etc. will be a boon to many cash strapped families.
The world is changing, standing still as we all know means going backwards, so returning to my original theme the protest movement has to move one from 'Glazers out' to 'Glazers out... and anyone like them'.

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
It won't make any difference to the Glazers and can't see that many showing up on a weekday morning but if you are local and feel like venting ...

bosskeano

haha....i was thinking the same thing. do people not work in the UK during the summer months?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
No doubt all them same people protesting will have paid £1k for their season tickets. These protests do absolutely nothing Especially considering the vast majority of sales happen online anyway.

I’d wager my house that the glazers don’t even know these are happening.

BarstoolProphet

What holiday season?

I wouldn't expect many to show up tomorrow but this is timed to be on the day that the new kit is out so they are just aiming for publicity
Summer:wenger:

A bit early I guess. Hoping for a good turnout.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Here is a video from the April 30th protests before the Villa game - this was the biggest protest this season

The Irish Connection

Fair play. Love seeing passionate fans actually trying to do something to help the club.
The Glazers selling process has been yet another shambles by them, and it’s frustrating because it feels like we can’t do much. But it’s heartening to see the 1958 making efforts to keep pressure on them and to hurry the feck up.
We need the sale to be concluded asap.

RedDevilRoshi

It won't make any difference to the Glazers and can't see that many showing up on a weekday morning but if you are local and feel like venting ...

So have they had clarification that the Glazers will be awake at 4:45am?

New Era 77

I wouldn't be surprised if the club put barriers up a way back to stop people getting close or increase security or police based on the likely hood they could make an unfavourable announcement about not selling tomorrow.

It would literally be carnage for them to do this, but these Glazers are nasty greedy people.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
2023 mate - 9-5 mon-fri isn't the only gig anymore.
So thousands of people have either night jobs or afternoon jobs. Guarantee halve of them won’t work. Halve of them will be skipping work and halve will have work later that day.

Marcelinho87

So thousands of people have either night jobs or afternoon jobs. Guarantee halve of them won’t work. Halve of them will be skipping work and halve will have work later that day.
Millions of people work all sorts of shifts, I work Panama (Not in, it's the name of the pattern) so alternate days and nights with differing days off per week, one of them been tomorrow this week.

Also, how do you get 3 halves.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
:lol: great logic there mate.

And yeah, Manchester is a fecking big city, and the majority of people in Manchester (i.e every single Utd fan) want the Glazers to feck off.

It’s 2023 - people work all sorts of hours and also some will just be there for a short while.

If I still lived in Manchester I can assure you that I’d take an hour off work (2 if I could wrangle it) and go down to support, then go back to work.

Not that it matters, these guys are doing what this club needs and they should all be fecking applauded. Who fecking cares about their work hours / employment status?

GLAZERS OUT.

DJ_21

:lol: great logic there mate.

And yeah, Manchester is a fecking big city, and the majority of people in Manchester (i.e every single Utd fan) want the Glazers to feck off.

It’s 2023 - people work all sorts of hours and also some will just be there for a short while.

If I still lived in Manchester I can assure you that I’d take an hour off work (2 if I could wrangle it) and go down to support, then go back to work.

Not that it matters, these guys are doing what this club needs and they should all be fecking applauded. Who fecking cares about their work hours / employment status?

GLAZERS OUT.
100% we all want that. Unfortunately not everyone can make it. It was actually someone els that said do they not have work to go to… I was just saying some will work nights/later shifts and some probably won’t work. No biggie

DJ_21

Millions of people work all sorts of shifts, I work Panama (Not in, it's the name of the pattern) so alternate days and nights with differing days off per week, one of them been tomorrow this week.

Also, how do you get 3 halves.
Halve something and then halve that :lol:

New Era 77

When you organise a mass protest specifically to stop people buying the new kit at the megastore and only 7 people show up, along with 20 security and a few police when the media are already waiting and reporting and showing no one is there......

If you gonna protest guys... Surely you start at 8am and through to the end.

Maybe should have got Mick Lynch to organise.