Protest at Old Trafford

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
What you mean, the only constant ongoing anti Glazer movement/protest for 18 years?

What you mean, the people who screamed the Glazers were bad but were told to shut up by people who are now booing parents when they buy their children a United shirt?

F**k off.

There are many ways to protest and there are many elements of modern day MUFC to protest. Actively cheerleading for us to become a sportwashing project for a state directly flies in the face of everything people protested about from the mid 90s to now.
So by leaving the club to rot, that's protesting? Those guys at least stuck by this club and never betrayed it. You lot ran away. You don't see Blackburn or Newcastle splinter clubs.

You're trying to damn them if they do, damn them if they don't. Who is your most ideal owner if it isn't Sheikh Jassim? Ratcliffe? Or is he too right wing? Who then?

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
So by leaving the club to rot, that's protesting? Those guys at least stuck by this club and never betrayed it. You lot ran away. You don't see Blackburn or Newcastle splinter clubs.

You're trying to damn them if they do, damn them if they don't. Who is your most ideal owner if it isn't Sheikh Jassim? Ratcliffe? Or is he too right wing? Who then?
Nah. You don't see them doing it because the vast majority of their fans would happily back down/sell their soul for a hint of success. United fans historically having a backbone should be a sense of pride. We could have accepted Murdoch in 98 but we actively said no to him.

I have no idea who should be our next owner. As I keep saying, we shouldn't be cheerleading anyone. We shouldn't trust anyone. Anyone who wants to be the legal custodian of the club should be treated with utter disdain until they prove they're legit.

Waving banners for any billionaire (nevermind one with links to a state) is something that makes me feel very uneasy.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Nah. You don't see them doing it because the vast majority of their fans would happily back down/sell their soul for a hint of success. United fans historically having a backbone should be a sense of pride. We could have accepted Murdoch in 98 but we actively said no to him.

I have no idea who should be our next owner. As I keep saying, we shouldn't be cheerleading anyone. We shouldn't trust anyone. Anyone who wants to be the legal custodian of the club should be treated with utter disdain until they prove they're legit.

Waving banners for any billionaire (nevermind one with links to a state) is something that makes me feel very uneasy.
The big difference between now and when Murdoch/Glazers turned up is that the vast majority of fans want a change due to years of mismanagement. Was not the case in '98 nor '05

And I don't see anyone official waving banners for either billionaire at this year's protests, the message is simply 'Glazers Out' as it has been for many years

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
A 1-hour sit in after the game. I like it.

Any way to keep the anti-glazer voice in the media, keep those "sentiment trackers" low.

Every little helps.

m1tch

Yeah it's unlikely to look like a convincing protest. Getting half the crowd to stay till 90 minutes have been played is an impossible task!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Will be interesting to see how many stay back but bar the 1958/ TRA I can’t see mass fans staying around . We will most definitely need to beat Forest to see maximum people stay back .
i’ll need to get back to southampton.

Dan_F

It’s a shame it’s not a televised game. There’s even less chance of people staying for a 5.30 or 8pm game, and I know it’s been planned for ages, but I doubt it’s going to get much traction.

m1tch

To be fair, not leaving Old Trafford till way past the time you should have left is definitely the Manchester United way.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Absolutely pointless I’m sorry. Not televised so will lack real impact and it’s asking too much to stay back for an hour. Protests need to be a lot more disruptive.

Flying high

This just won’t happen. No one is staying behind for an hour!
Yeah it's unlikely to look like a convincing protest. Getting half the crowd to stay till 90 minutes have been played is an impossible task!
It’s a shame it’s not a televised game. There’s even less chance of people staying for a 5.30 or 8pm game, and I know it’s been planned for ages, but I doubt it’s going to get much traction.
Absolutely pointless I’m sorry. Not televised so will lack real impact and it’s asking too much to stay back for an hour. Protests need to be a lot more disruptive.
Maybe just keep your doubts to yourselves next time?

I get that some folk just like to be contrarian. Some want to look back and know they were 'right'. But we get this every single time a protest is organised. You're really not pointing out any issues that the rest of us can't see. It's always been a slog, for nearly 20 years now. At least the 1958 and others are trying to get something going. If we all just decided each time that this may not be my preferred method of protest, but I will give my support(vocal or physical) to my fellow fans' effort to achieve something with which the vast majority of us agree, then the leeches would have been removed by now.

Glazers out!

The Irish Connection

I get that some folk just like to be contrarian. Some want to look back and know they were 'right'. But we get this every single time a protest is organised. You're really not pointing out any issues that the rest of us can't see. It's always been a slog, for nearly 20 years now. At least the 1958 and others are trying to get something going. If we all just decided each time that this may not be my preferred method of protest, but I will give my support(vocal or physical) to my fellow fans' effort to achieve something with which the vast majority of us agree, then the leeches would have been removed by now.

Glazers out!
100%.
Its very weird how quick people are to criticize these protests.

Well done to everyone involved. I hope it goes well. I will be tuning in and helping on social media.

Dan_F

Glazers out!
Contrarian? My posting history will show nothing but support for every single protest against the Glazers, and protests in wider society. I can see how my post came across as a one off though.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with suggesting that a televised game would be a better target for this type of protest, especially one where the Sky studio is pitch side. Maybe it’ll happen if this one is successful.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
This just won’t happen. No one is staying behind for an hour!
As a superior local fan I would’ve thought this would be right up your street. I assume you’ll be at the game being local? Will you stay for the hour?

Ah no, you’re probably busy scrapping after the match outside Lou macaris chippy innit. :wenger:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

Glazers out!
It’s obviously great to protest but this is a poor choice. My view.

RedIan

I watched the 1958 vid on youtube earlier. A good and new idea that will be fantastic if it is well supported. There is a risk that if everyone leaves on time then it could backfire.
I hope its well supported And stays peaceful.

Coops73

Fair play to any of the lads doing this today. Thank you
I’ll echo that. I no longer go to games like I used to do so I’d never get involved but back in the day I would of been all over this. Great work.

Andy_Cole

Glazers out!
@Wumminator is a Glazer sympathiser so probably best to void his posts about protests.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Just a genuine question, becuase the Glazers will use that as a reason to ignore the protests and the media and the rest of the football world will use it to laugh at us for protesting when they've spent hundreds of millions.

I get that the whole point is we have no football structure and we're completely deficient in identifying targets and building a proper team but there's nothing to suggest a new owner would change it so it's pretty redundant to do a protest when we know the Glazers don't listen/care and everyone else is laughing. It's pretty much just patting yourself on the back for being a 'top red'.

Dan_F

Nice of the ref to let the football continue for half of the protest.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Seems really shortsighted to do the sit in today for a non-televised match when there are no interviews on pitch or major UK broadcasters in house:

m1tch

Glazers out!
How odd, maybe keep your comments to yourself yeah?

100%.
Its very weird how quick people are to criticize these protests.

Well done to everyone involved. I hope it goes well. I will be tuning in and helping on social media.
Who's criticising the protests? Just looks like people criticising those who routinely leave when the game gets to 80 minutes just to miss the traffic.