Protest at Old Trafford

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Protest before the Liverpool game is a good idea.

Previous movements have lost momentum very quickly so we need to be wary.

I also think someone needs to take charge of the wider movement here. Everything from media/press releases to rules of conduct on protests needs to be considered.

There also needs to be a "what next" scenario. If the Glazers just ignore everything like they did in 2005 and 2010. Where do we go from there?

Are people prepared to break the law (pitch invasions etc) to get the message across?

ZupZup

I’ll be joining the protest at Old Trafford before Liverpool too. This one seems to have a lot of backing from all the main fan groups.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The fact the other clubs are protesting too should make a huge difference politically. Theres going to be a hell of a lot of pissed off people coming back off lockdown to protest. I think we could get some serious traction at the highest levels of government this time and the media are also behind the fans. I can see this going places.

Grande

This doesn't seem to have much backing.

I'll be at the Liverpool home game one next week.
So there’s one outside Old Trafford at the Trinity Statue at Saturday at 3pm, and another at Sunday 1st of May at 2 pm ahead of the Liverpool game?

Good idea to have two, the first builds/keeps momentum for the second.

laughtersassassin

I like the idea of having two protests but I'm worried the one tomorrow will be pathetically small since we aren't actually playing at home.

This will discourage people and they might give up.

laughtersassassin

Protest before the Liverpool game is a good idea.

Previous movements have lost momentum very quickly so we need to be wary.

I also think someone needs to take charge of the wider movement here. Everything from media/press releases to rules of conduct on protests needs to be considered.

There also needs to be a "what next" scenario. If the Glazers just ignore everything like they did in 2005 and 2010. Where do we go from there?

Are people prepared to break the law (pitch invasions etc) to get the message across?
Take one out of the Irish fans book and throw a load of tennis balls into the pitch at the same time. Harmless but sends a message

Rolaholic

Extremely pleased and encouraged by the scenes outside of the Emirates today against the Kroenke's

Really hoping to see the same outside of OT soon against those Glazer leeches

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
That Arsenal protest is extremely impressive. I know its not about out-protesting one another, but will we top that?

I think that them having a match on gives them an advantage, even though they obviously can't go in and watch it. It'd attract people.

laughtersassassin

That Arsenal protest is extremely impressive. I know its not about out-protesting one another, but will we top that?

I think that them having a match on gives them an advantage, even though they obviously can't go in and watch it. It'd attract people.
Not tomorrow we won't. Maybe at the Liverpool game

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Fair play to the Arsenal fans, that's an impressive showing.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Cracking stuff from Arsenal.

Our one next week pre Liverpool will be big. Wouldn't expect much tomorrow but best of luck to them.

red4ever 79

Cracking stuff from Arsenal. Drive a stake through those american parasites.

Let's be having you. Glazers, Kroenke, Henry get the fck out of our clubs

red4ever 79

Ours before Liverpool should be epic. Imagine the whole world watches that fixture also. The fans need to disrupt everything

Rolaholic

Very very impressive indeed, hoping to see at least half as many reds out there tomorrow

These greedy disgraceful bastards need to be named and shamed out of the league

Grande

I like the idea of having two protests but I'm worried the one tomorrow will be pathetically small since we aren't actually playing at home.

This will discourage people and they might give up.
Nah. Everything helps. Twenty people showed at Carrington. It was news for 48 hours and Ole talked about it on the game presser. If twenty people shows tomorrow, it’s gonna make the TV footage build up to the Leeds game. Get even more going for the Liverpool game. Tbf, even Trumps pathetic tweets works in the long run for a reason.
Take one out of the Irish fans book and throw a load of tennis balls into the pitch at the same time. Harmless but sends a message
Nice one. It’s actually Shakespeare in Henry V has the copyright I think, but tennis balls weren’t green and gold back then.
People will sip their sweet tea and say Well Bless Their Hearts...:D
Now if it were in Boston ...
I hope everyone who can comes out tomorrow!

I would love for the fans to co-protest with Liverpool when we play them. Really show that despite the hate we have for them we are all united to get these vampires out of these teams.
I like the idea. Red is the colour of May the 1st.

RedDevilRoshi

Delighted to see that from the Arsenal fans and the huge numbers they brought. 61K, I think that’s a thousand more than what the Emirates’ official capacity is :D

Hopefully we get very similar numbers tomorrow or at the Liverpool game.

dave1956

Home game against Liverpool, I think a page out of Chelsea surporters protest, a peaceful sit down and delay the team coaches into the ground, that forced a club representative to come out and plead with the fans which created news not only that a club official was forced to address the fans but the kick off was delayed.
If this game is televised it throws the tv., scheduling into possible chaos. But it has to be peaceful.

Stevondo8

We’re there any protests from Liverpool fans today? Not seeing much talk about it if there was. Klopp telling everyone to calm down and move on.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
We’re there any protests from Liverpool fans today? Not seeing much talk about it if there was. Klopp telling everyone to calm down and move on.
Nah Klopp reckons we should all calm down. Prick.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Klopp telling anyone to calm down is ironic.

laughtersassassin

Very good turnout for the protest today considering we aren't even playing at home this weekend.

The big one is next weekend and should be huge by the looks of this.

Dante

Average bang
I was going to go today, but I've got a banging headache through caffeine withdrawal. Will definitely be there next week, though.

Water Melon

Keep the pressure and the Glazers will sell. The take over was hostile, now we have a perfect opportunity to force the leeches out. LUHG