Protest planned ahead of the Liverpool game

Red the Bear

Something less generic
They're gonna deduct points this time aren't they?
Well better than humiliation I guess.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
If it will be outside OT and peaceful why would they deduct us points?
If it causes the cancelation of the match they'll have to deduct, it messes up the schedule and deals financial damage to the premier league.

We got lucky last time but I doubt they're going to be lenient this time.

Still would be worth it if it helps to get those vermins out of the club.

MacarisSocks

I was one of them. To be clear, we did not get exactly what we wanted, since they only sold a small portion to the new investors (as we are hearing now for United) and kept >60%. Later on, after giving up the management for 2 years, they returned and burned the team into the ground. We never recovered since then. But it’s a long story, and Glazers are saints compared to ours.

Still, there is a similarity for United to what happened to us. A change can come if there is a crack, and the crack will come if the team is at its worst. Ratcliff is here, as for Panathinaikos, at our worst moments someone appeared. We need to pressure and pressure. Not only in match days, but every day, and why not at a global scale, we now have social media which can play a big role and fans from all over the world can help. But yes, a huge protest is needed in Manchester, a huge one - preferably at the same time with a match.

Do not miss this opportunity - the stars are now aligned for things to happen. Hopefully things will be organized by fans soon. And do not repeat our mistake and accept anything less than a full sale to Ratcliff and not to a random consortium.
Love this post...
I only get to matches when mates have spares these days, but if i wasn't away in Spain I'd be on that forecourt regardless of having a ticket for the game or not.

"The stars are aligned"... it's time!!!

JB7

I am no fan of the Glazers, most certainly not.

But I note in the leaflet above, these words, "An ownership that is systematically starving and killing the greatest football institution in world football, for greed".

Sure they are killing it. But starving it? And for greed? How can anyone claim they've starved United when you have spent more money on transfers in the last 10 years than any other club in the world? You sit at the very top, having spent more than anyone else. How is that "starving" you exactly?

Seems to me the reason to get rid of them is just sheer incompetence, not financial starvation. They are either hands-on, and accountable for the many mistakes and serial underperformance. Or they are hands off, but have appointed the wrong people and not fired them soon enough. In which case they are also accountable. Any which way, IMO fault for your predicament lies with the Glazers. But you cannot accuse them of starving the club. Just accuse them of being utterly useless.

(And yes, I know the Glazers have not been funding your spending with their own cash reserves - it's all United's money that's been spent, but nevertheless they have allowed you to spend it.)
Their ownership has cost our football club pretty much the same amount as it cost your owners to take you from a bottom half Premier League team to one of the best teams in Europe, expand your stadium and renovate the entire surrounding area of the stadium into a huge training facility. How many other clubs would still be standing after losing that amount of money to their owners?

Footnote but over the last 10 years we're behind your lot, Barcelona, Chelsea and Juventus in terms of transfer spend. We've wasted a lot of money, nobodies ever denied that but the reality is that they've both starved the club AND been useless.

Dan_F

Yeah. Get arrested and lose your ‘privilege’ to a ticket as well as a criminal record at the same time. Possibly losing your career as you go.

After a few games, home tickets would be infinitely easier to get hold of.

What a shit idea
Yeah definitely. This is the balancing act everyone going needs to think about. It’s easy to suggest this while sitting behind a computer without a season ticket to lose and criminal charges being pressed. I have massive respect for the guys that put that on the line and broke in during the cancelled game.

It will also be far harder to get the game cancelled now we’re not in covid restrictions. Wasn’t that ultimately why it was cancelled last time, as some of the fans got in the changing rooms?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Yeh going onto the pitch is of course really silly. Plenty other things we could do though. Something like this

Hughes35

Yeah. Get arrested and lose your ‘privilege’ to a ticket as well as a criminal record at the same time. Possibly losing your career as you go.

After a few games, home tickets would be infinitely easier to get hold of.

What a shit idea
You think you'd get arrested and lose your career for sitting on a football pitch along with 5,000 other people?

Hughes35

Yeh going onto the pitch is of course really silly. Plenty other things we could do though. Something like this

This is a great idea too. Unfortunately needs fans to dig in to their own pockets to buy the balls every game though.

Jacob

We should order 78,000 golf balls with "GlazersOut" written on them. In the 58th minute, all attendees throw them onto the pitch at the same time.

Inspired by the Dortmind clip.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Why are people talking about the game being cancelled? There's no intention to do that at all

Carl

You think you'd get arrested and lose your career for sitting on a football pitch along with 5,000 other people?
You certainly could get arrested and end up with a criminal record. Dunno how likely that would be, but definitely a possibility.

Carl

Why are people talking about the game being cancelled? There's no intention to do that at all
Think people are just referencing what happened last year. Was no intention for the game to be cancelled then either afaik.

Not advocating it btw, just answering your question about where it's come from.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Think people are just referencing what happened last year. Was no intention for the game to be cancelled then either afaik.

Not advocating it btw, just answering your question about where it's come from.
Oh trust me there was last year :lol:

We could use the covid situation then, nearly impossible to do now and not the intention this time round.

Red_toad

We should order 78,000 golf balls with "GlazersOut" written on them. In the 58th minute, all attendees throw them onto the pitch at the same time.

What could possibly go wrong with people throwing golf balls onto a pitch at least 20 meters below them :wenger:

Jacob

What could possibly go wrong with people throwing golf balls onto a pitch at least 20 meters below them :wenger:
You gotta have some weight on them in order to reach the pitch with a throw :lol:

Red00012

Something like this really is the answer. Just thousands of fans sat on the pitch. Not running about causing problems or damage...... Just sit there.

Do it regularly at games. Proper peaceful but disruptive protests.
You do it and see how that goes.

What a stupid idea

let me guess you won’t be at the game

Red00012

That will go well in a tiered stadium
State of the post

userman

I genuinly hope that the protests will be massive enough to stop the match from being played, and for the match to be postponed and played behind closed doors. Then it will hopefully become obvious for everyone, including sponsors, Apollo and the Glazers, that this whole ownership must change.

grahamo

It really has to be the biggest protest ever. Noticed the world over. Its the only way toget rid of the parasitic Glazers. If We don't get them out now Our Children and their Children will be having to put up with them.

TheReligion

Abusive

But I note in the leaflet above, these words, "An ownership that is systematically starving and killing the greatest football institution in world football, for greed".

Sure they are killing it. But starving it? And for greed? How can anyone claim they've starved United when you have spent more money on transfers in the last 10 years than any other club in the world? You sit at the very top, having spent more than anyone else. How is that "starving" you exactly?

Seems to me the reason to get rid of them is just sheer incompetence, not financial starvation. They are either hands-on, and accountable for the many mistakes and serial underperformance. Or they are hands off, but have appointed the wrong people and not fired them soon enough. In which case they are also accountable. Any which way, IMO fault for your predicament lies with the Glazers. But you cannot accuse them of starving the club. Just accuse them of being utterly useless.

(And yes, I know the Glazers have not been funding your spending with their own cash reserves - it's all United's money that's been spent, but nevertheless they have allowed you to spend it.)
Come on man.

There’s plenty of detailed threads here for you to read, if you’re generally interested, rather than coming in here stating this rubbish.

Carl

You're talking about a subject where it's very clear you have little to no understanding. Do yourself, and everyone else, a favour and educate yourself.

I know we may be rivals (even if only be geography atm) but look beyond it. This is a football problem.

Whatsername

There was one game at the end of last season where we’d protested beforehand and it looked like they were expecting something to happen in the ground because shortly after the start a large number of police entered from the South Stand and were positioned around the pitch alongside the usual stewards.

AlexUTD

It is a simple criminal offence to enter the field of play.

I presume with your big words you’ll be the first on the pitch leading these protests and laughing at the police as they read out your charge of committing the aforementioned criminal offence.

Go for it. Sounds like a right goer
What kind of company would fire you for doing a protest? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Feckin hell you must work for the most conservative and stuckup company in the world!

i wouldnt mind going first on a field of grass cause im not violent just protesting.

So i guess all the people running alone out on the field goes to jail and lose their job according to you.

Carl

What kind of company would fire you for doing a protest? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Feckin hell you must work for the most conservative and stuckup company in the world!

i wouldnt mind going first on a field of grass cause im not violent just protesting.

So i guess all the people running alone out on the field goes to jail and lose their job according to you.
It's an actual criminal offence, and lots of companies would fire employees if they had a criminal record.

crossy1686

career ending
It is a simple criminal offence to enter the field of play.

I presume with your big words you’ll be the first on the pitch leading these protests and laughing at the police as they read out your charge of committing the aforementioned criminal offence.

Go for it. Sounds like a right goer
I feel like you don’t understand the principle of a protest.