Protest planned ahead of the Liverpool game

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Oh trust me there was last year :lol:

We could use the covid situation then, nearly impossible to do now and not the intention this time round.
There needs to be simultaneous momentum behind Ratcliffe as well now. There cannot be any division on that or we'll be stuck.

ForeverRed1

I have a terrible feeling it might get nasty. Hope I'm wrong.
I think so too. People are reaching boiling point and emotions are spilling over. It’s reaching the point of enough is enough. Not there fully.. but getting there.

No more signings, a few more loses or a sale to Apollo and I think people will lose their mind.

K Stand Knut

What kind of company would fire you for doing a protest? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Feckin hell you must work for the most conservative and stuckup company in the world!

i wouldnt mind going first on a field of grass cause im not violent just protesting.

So i guess all the people running alone out on the field goes to jail and lose their job according to you.
WTF are you waffling about now??

Going on the football pitch when a game is in progress is a criminal offence for which the Police in England will happily prosecute you and therefore provide you with a criminal record, free of charge.

This in turn increases the chances of people losing their job because good companies don’t tend to like have people with criminal records working for them. I do understand that a lot of people will retain their job and it won’t matter one iota, however, having a criminal record will increase the chances of you losing your job compare to not having a criminal record.

Like I said, please feel free to go on the pitch at OT whilst the game is in play and protest. That’s your call.

Don’t say i didn’t warn you.

AlexUTD

It's an actual criminal offence, and lots of companies would fire employees if they had a criminal record.
Many companies look at the offence, not just fire them no matter what.

Then i can guarantee you a friend of mine would be out of the job a long time ago after a visit from the police.

At a decent company wich you worked for over a period of time will know you as a person and not fire you cause you are passionate about your football club and do a non violent protest.

K Stand Knut

I feel like you don’t understand the principle of a protest.
Oh I definitely do. I also understand that the actions of some during a protest can also constitute a criminal offence.

The kind of criminal offence that detracts from the plans of the protest organisers, hence why groups like the 1958 actually write stuff about keeping it peaceful and legal.

AlexUTD

WTF are you waffling about now??

Going on the football pitch when a game is in progress is a criminal offence for which the Police in England will happily prosecute you and therefore provide you with a criminal record, free of charge.

This in turn increases the chances of people losing their job because good companies don’t tend to like have people with criminal records working for them. I do understand that a lot of people will retain their job and it won’t matter one iota, however, having a criminal record will increase the chances of you losing your job compare to not having a criminal record.

Like I said, please feel free to go on the pitch at OT whilst the game is in play and protest. That’s your call.

Don’t say i didn’t warn you.
I hear you mate and i understand the offence but like i mentioned in this thread there is levels to this.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Then i can guarantee you a friend of mine would be out of the job a long time ago after a visit from the police.

At a decent company wich you worked for over a period of time will know you as a person and not fire you cause you are passionate about your football club and do a non violent protest.
Nah. It's very black and white for a lot of companies because it has to be. I work in the financial services. If I have a criminal record (they check every 2 years) then I'm out. That's the same for lots of companies.

crossy1686

career ending
Oh I definitely do. I also understand that the actions of some during a protest can also constitute a criminal offence.

The kind of criminal offence that detracts from the plans of the protest organisers, hence why groups like the 1958 actually write stuff about keeping it peaceful and legal.
You can be peaceful and legal but that’s like saying you can complain but do it over there so we can ignore you.

Not that it is anywhere near the same thing or has the same weight, if the Suffragettes hadn’t stepped out in front of the kings horse does their protest have the same weight?

Protests have more weight and ultimately are more successful when people are literally willing to face punitive measures or risk their lives for the cause. I’m not saying that has to happen but invading the pitch and getting a £200 fine is something most of us would willingly do to get these feckers out if it helped.

AlexUTD

Nah. It's very black and white for a lot of companies because it has to be. I work in the financial services. If I have a criminal record (they check every 2 years) then I'm out. That's the same for lots of companies.
With so many crooks in the financial sector im shocked that this is a thing!? ;) :lol:

But okay i can understand some type of businesses are very strict.

I work for a oil company and ive been there for almost 10 years and i know they wouldnt fire me for doing a non violent protest.

littlepeasoup

I can imagine the police will be there in force, but they're not private security for the club. They'll post as many officers around the ground as they think will maintain order and the peace in conversation with the club, not dictated by them.

If it's not been published already it's worth anyone planning on going have a quick scan of their right to protest:

https://www.libertyhumanrights.org.uk/advice_information/how-to-organise-a-protest/

AlexUTD

You can be peaceful and legal but that’s like saying you can complain but do it over there so we can ignore you.

Not that it is anywhere near the same thing or has the same weight, if the Suffragettes hadn’t stepped out in front of the kings horse does their protest have the same weight?

Protests have more weight and ultimately are more successful when people are literally willing to face punitive measures or risk their lives for the cause. I’m not saying that has to happen but invading the pitch and getting a £200 fine is something most of us would willingly do to get these feckers out if it helped.
As long as people are non violent and respectful i cannot fathom how you will be threated like a criminal. Maybe im naive i dont know mate!

AlexUTD

I can imagine the police will be there in force, but they're not private security for the club. They'll post as many officers around the ground as they think will maintain order and the peace in conversation with the club, not dictated by them.

If it's not been published already it's worth anyone planning on going have a quick scan of their right to protest:

https://www.libertyhumanrights.org.uk/advice_information/how-to-organise-a-protest/
Thanks for the information mate :D

Red_toad

I feel like you don’t understand the principle of a protest.
Would you can to enlighten up into this principle? If you’re advocating a protest requires that participants break the law, then you’re obviously not organising it and those that are probably wouldn’t want you there.

K Stand Knut

And that’s fine. People can do as they please. I’ve never said they can’t but the people organising the protests and literally asking people to behave and to protest legally.

Some posters on here are encouraging the committing of criminal offences, whether they are minor or major.

Loon

:lol:
I think so too. People are reaching boiling point and emotions are spilling over. It’s reaching the point of enough is enough. Not there fully.. but getting there.

No more signings, a few more loses or a sale to Apollo and I think people will lose their mind.
Given some of the extremes certain sections of the fan base have gone to before...

Yakuza_devils

Hope all the Man Utd fans club in UK participate. Need to let the Glazers know who are the rightful owner of the club and don't feck around with the fans anymore.

pauldyson1uk

All for protest, but for FFS no storming the ground/ pitch getting the game called off, it did feck all last time, the only message it send out we are a bunch of thugs.
If the game was called of due to fans on the pitch again , all I see is forfited game , massive fine and points docked, the FA wont accept another game called off.
Protest outside the ground, stop fans form entering, get the superstore closed, block the road off, all fair game,
But I can see it getting nasty.

pauldyson1uk

With so many crooks in the financial sector im shocked that this is a thing!? ;) :lol:

But okay i can understand some type of businesses are very strict.

I work for a oil company and ive been there for almost 10 years and i know they wouldnt fire me for doing a non violent protest.
a non violent protest would not give you a criminal record, I would in security and need a licence to do so.
Any criminal record would be my licence gone and no work.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It's an actual criminal offence, and lots of companies would fire employees if they had a criminal record.
And a tonne more won't go into the trouble of hiring you in the first place.

It's not just whether a current boss/employer would be ok with it.

antohan

You need that job for life though. Switching can get problematic.

antohan

get to feck, throw a golf ball from the top tier and it hits somebody, you will fecking kill them.
what a fecking stupid idea !!
I thought it was an idiot fan spoof post when I first read it.

Then he explained you need weight for it to reach the pitch :houllier:

crossy1686

career ending
Would you can to enlighten up into this principle? If you’re advocating a protest requires that participants break the law, then you’re obviously not organising it and those that are probably wouldn’t want you there.
I'm not advocating or suggesting that people should break the law and do something violent, I'm suggesting the time for being respectful has well and truly passed at this point. If that means there would be an unofficial or official pitch invasion at some point during the Liverpool game I would be behind it. We've been protesting since they took over, the best we got was some promises that never materialised and Joel turning up to a forum twice a year. Respect is earned and lost.

AlexUTD

a non violent protest would not give you a criminal record, I would in security and need a licence to do so.
Any criminal record would be my licence gone and no work.
Fair play mate that i understand and agree on.

You need that job for life though. Switching can get problematic.
Yes of course mate,depends on what job but fair point mate.

laughtersassassin

This needs to be massive because there is finally momentum with a potential sale.

Let's make the situation untenable!

lex talionis

When the stakes were much higher in America in the 1960s, MLK Jr. urged peaceful protests. Please people, no criminal acts.

Seven Seas Sardines

Peacefully hold hands, sit down, form walls whatever and...
  • Block Lowry and streets leading to Old Trafford so player buses can't enter
  • Block entrances around Old Trafford so fans can't enter
  • Block Megastore
If match still goes ahead, throw tennis balls over the walls of Old Trafford once a minute.

Alonzo

All for protest, but for FFS no storming the ground/ pitch getting the game called off, it did feck all last time, the only message it send out we are a bunch of thugs.
If the game was called of due to fans on the pitch again , all I see is forfited game , massive fine and points docked, the FA wont accept another game called off.
Protest outside the ground, stop fans form entering, get the superstore closed, block the road off, all fair game,
But I can see it getting nasty.
i agree with peaceful and legal protest, however, to say last years postponement did nothing is clearly,blatantly, wrong. In fact, it was the only thing that prompted ANY kind of reaction from these bastards. Having their product not able to operate, with the fear of more happening, and effecting their broadcast revenue, directly resulted in the first communication in 16 odd years. Agree keep it from getting nasty, but just saying things that aren’t true doesn’t strengthen that view.

m1tch

If match still goes ahead, throw tennis balls over the walls of Old Trafford once a minute.
I do like the idea of that :lol:
Gotta be fairly decent with a tennis racquet though to get it over the roofs of the stands. Defo best doing it from the steps over the railway behind the South West quadrant. Not much space there though to have enough people to make it anything more than a minor task for the stewards to clear up.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I do like the idea of that :lol:
Gotta be fairly decent with a tennis racquet though to get it over the roofs of the stands. Defo best doing it from the steps over the railway behind the South West quadrant. Not much space there though to have enough people to make it anything more than a minor task for the stewards to clear up.
You would need some sort of rocket launcher to get a ball over into OT. A plane flying over loaded with table tennis balls. Hundreds and hundreds of them, would create chaos, but light enough not to hurt anybody.

Chumpsbechumps

Really does feel like we could finally get the Glazers moved on. Reminds me how it always felt like blatter would never be ousted as head of fifa and then the FBI came from nowhere
i agree with peaceful and legal protest, however, to say last years postponement did nothing is clearly,blatantly, wrong. In fact, it was the only thing that prompted ANY kind of reaction from these bastards. Having their product not able to operate, with the fear of more happening, and effecting their broadcast revenue, directly resulted in the first communication in 16 odd years. Agree keep it from getting nasty, but just saying things that aren’t true doesn’t strengthen that view.
I wouldn’t be part of anything illegal but I can understand fans who would. I am not condoning anything at all but the issues arise when the authorities allow an injustice to happen and do f**k all to fix it.

As far as I’m concerned, they shouldn’t of been able to take over the club as they did. The authorities have shown they can and will retrospectively change rules like with Chelsea. They failed United and it’s fans and as such any civil unrest is a result Of fans being forced to balance out the disproportionate amount of power the glazers have.

Lynty

The 1958 are pretty embrassing.

Just come across as twitter ranting amatuers. Wasn't there some kind of internal feud last season that they aired all over social media :lol: