Protest planned ahead of the Liverpool game

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
Over the past week or more Mark Goldberg of United Stand has been saying that he's against the protests. So, a couple nights ago I watched his 9 pm GMT stream on YouTube and within the first 13 minutes he said he doesn't agree that people should protest. I posted this on Twitter and I was hammered by something like 20 sock-accounts with 10 or less followers. Yesterday Mark flipped his position and provided information about the Empty Old Trafford protest on Monday. He also deleted the stream segment from two nights ago.

Makes me suspicious that this forum has a bunch of public relations trolls advocating for the Glazer's ownership by arguing for people attending Monday's match.

diarm

Over the past week or more Mark Goldberg of United Stand has been saying that he's against the protests. So, a couple nights ago I watched his 9 pm GMT stream on YouTube and within the first 13 minutes he said he doesn't agree that people should protest. I posted this on Twitter and I was hammered by something like 20 sock-accounts with 10 or less followers. Yesterday Mark flipped his position and provided information about the Empty Old Trafford protest on Monday. He also deleted the stream segment from two nights ago.

Makes me suspicious that this forum has a bunch of public relations trolls advocating for the Glazer's ownership by arguing for people attending Monday's match.
When the protests happened before the Liverpool game 15 months ago, there were guys on here who definitely came across as paid Glazer shills. There was one fella in particular, I think his name was Alex, who didn't sleep for a week he was so busy telling everyone how amazing they are and how we're lucky to have them.

el3mel

I swear I see these news every season, and it's always before a Liverpool game.

Yakuza_devils

Big thank you to all the UK fans who are going to the protest. You guys are the hero and can make a real difference. You have my utmost respect.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Klopp saying they should get 3 points if the game gets called off. I want us to protest if it helps them clowns get out of our club but I don’t want us to hand them scousers free 3 points. I think if we have the right attitude and mentality then we can beat them straight up. I want us to beat them to shut that German cretin up!

Guapa

Wish I could make it but not possible for me right now.Please make our voices heard in the right way and drive this momentum home.They have to realise this doesn't end until they sell to SJR.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I'm here now. But if I were still there I would be with our lads to protest and cause as much disruption as possible.
As for the points penalties screw it.
I'm willing for us to be relegated if it means we get rid of the Glazer cancer.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This idea that getting relegated just to get rid of glazers is so bad. They are obviously horrible but no I would prefer if we avoided point penalties

BarryWinks

Protest is fine. I'm 100% in support and would be out there if I lived in Manchester.

Now though, I cannot see past a points deduction or Liverpool awarded the full points if the protest goes on. Keeping in mind this will be the second time it's happening in the last two(?) years, I don't think the FA will let this slide.

djembatheking

If the game gets cancelled and Liverpool get awarded the 3 points that would be a successful protest. Hats off to all those that are actually trying to do something .

dave1956

My understanding is that under the league rules the club have the responsibility for the safety of both teams and that includes whilst entering and leaving the ground. Providing the club can demonstrate that they have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of players and staff then points cannot be deducted.
If the local constabulary advise the club to delay the kick off, or reschedule the game then the league cannot impose a penalty, if protests are held outside the team's hotel again that is not the responsibility of the club to manage, but is local police matter under the Public Order Act.

Krits

I hope the transfer activity hasn’t deflated the momentum. They’ve done this every time.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Klopp the neoliberal shill.
That's actually fair imho and actually puts pressure on the Glazers.

If all the fans do is wave their hands in the air before the game and there are no sporting, and crucially financial, consequences then the rats won't care.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I don’t think there would be any doubt about Liverpool getting the points if the game is called off. And rightly so.
The protests should still go ahead, they need to.

grahamo

As a kid I remember United being in the Old Division 2. United still had much bigger crowds than anyone in Division 1 as it was known then. Also, United matches were still shown on MOTD. Biggest team by a country mile. I'd happily take this if it got rid of the Glazer parasites

Yakuza_devils

Let's put aside whatever fecking rules the FA has. We are trying to save the club long term future. Glazers ownership is destroying the club. Both in term of sucking the money dry and ruining the football. We must let the fecking Glazers know that we can't continue this way. They have to go or we want a revolution.

We protested for the super league and this is much more important than that.

Tommy79

You would need some sort of rocket launcher to get a ball over into OT. A plane flying over loaded with table tennis balls. Hundreds and hundreds of them, would create chaos, but light enough not to hurt anybody.
The hell you would, hire the bloody Kilkenny Hurling team or someone with big muscle arms, and you'll get them in with a bit of ash wood. As for the (peaceful) protests/marches they are a waste of time as the last 17 yrs have proven and like others said just had one of the tossers show up promising all this n that like the jackass showing up in the pub and gullible fans falling for it.

What we need is a total blockade of the ground from early Monday before the old bill get a chance to show up and get ready to prevent anything like that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Klopp saying they should get 3 points if the game gets called off. I want us to protest if it helps them clowns get out of our club but I don’t want us to hand them scousers free 3 points. I think if we have the right attitude and mentality then we can beat them straight up. I want us to beat them to shut that German cretin up!
It won't get called off.

The game the other year got called off because covid protcols were being broken and they couldn't continue without them.

It'll simply go ahead after removing fans this time.

pauldyson1uk

Anyone giving ridiculous excuses for the Glazers.
The facts speak for themselves.
They have systematically destroyed the club by not treating Manchester United as a football club.
That's just not right is it.
Where as I do agree with you, not everybody is of the same thinking, that does not make them Glazier bots, its just means they have a different opinion a wrong opinion but still a opinion.

Yakuza_devils

Hope this will be the biggest ever protest. Let the fans teach the Glazers a lesson that they will never forget. They need to go and stop ruining the club. The club belongs to the fans.

Baxquux

If (we can demonstrate) the energy for this isn't completely muted by Casimero signing and whatever half-truth about signing Anthony/reviving FDJ/SMS, and the messaging is consistent ( Glazers out first and foremost, with Jim in or similar, secondary to that) and the we can at least get the game delayed rather than it just being some marginalizable smoke and chanting outside OT, then I think it definitely moves the dial and sets the next act in motion, although can't see full takeover before 2023...

pauldyson1uk

If it gets call off because of a protest, it will he a dark stain on United and the FA will hammer us.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It won't get called off.

The game the other year got called off because covid protcols were being broken and they couldn't continue without them.

It'll simply go ahead after removing fans this time.
Ye id imagine they’ve all heard what’s going to happen so they’ll have police and security in check already and a load of it.

SAFMUTD

If it gets call off because of a protest, it will he a dark stain on United and the FA will hammer us.
Thats what we need really, put the club into shambles trying to force the Glazers hand into selling. I dont see any other way.