Protest planned ahead of the Liverpool game

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
People need to remember the protests that got the game called off last time helped Liverpool get the champions League spot, we was in good form and still fighting for second spot, I think we would of beat them on that day.

Then the game gets postponed, then by the time we played them we had already secured 2nd (I think?) And the team was in holiday mode.

I couldn't believe not much was said about that plus the bastards got to the champions league final.

I just hope these protests don't bite us in the ass like last time.
Ehh, the protests aren't about Liverpool. They sent a message to the owners that the fans have the power to make this happen, to the point the Glazers actually addressed/paid attention to the fans for pretty much the only time in their entire ownership of the club. The protests might then have subsided, but that's still bigger for us than whether Liverpool get a Champions League spot or not.

userman

I’m really hoping for significant support and encouragement around this and future protests. Our voices must be heard and actions must be forced.
IMO the optimal outcome tomorrow will be a postponed match that eventually leads to a behind closed doors match later on, that way the media coverage will be focused on the terrible ownership both tomorrow and when the postponed match gets played.
Carry on with for every homematch until Glazers say they are looking to sell to a new fit owner!

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Ehh, the protests aren't about Liverpool. They sent a message to the owners that the fans have the power to make this happen, to the point the Glazers actually addressed/paid attention to the fans for pretty much the only time in their entire ownership of the club. The protests might then have subsided, but that's still bigger for us than whether Liverpool get a Champions League spot or not.
I'm not saying they were about Liverpool, just that the timing of them nearly helped Liverpool get another European cup, as a previous poster has said, why couldn't we have done the protests when we played Brighton ?

Ole'sgunnarwin

100% this won’t be postponed.

Covid and lack of staff assisted the last postponement.
I'd counteract that and say there's a lot more anger now. On the pitch is as big as a mess as ever and there's a sniff of the Glazers selling. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it's postponed/cancelled.

I’m loving my life

I'm not saying they were about Liverpool, just that the timing of them nearly helped Liverpool get another European cup, as a previous poster has said, why couldn't we have done the protests when we played Brighton ?
Better exposure against Liverpool. More effective protest. The number one priority is to send a message and targeting and maybe calling off a match vs Liverpool is the best way of doing that

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The protest aren’t consistent anyway… funny how it always happens when we play Liverpool. Why not do it when we play like Brighton at home? Is it because everyone thinks we can get points against them? Feels like the protesters are doing it against Liverpool to get the game called of incase we get spanked again. I’m all for the protest to get rid of the vile owners but let’s be consistent About it and not only do it once a season when this fixture plays.
There have been protests at home games consistently for a few months - undoubtedly they are growing due to our continued ineptitude on the pitch and the fact there’s a viable buyer in the public. However, to clarify despite what you read on here the 1958 aren’t trying to get the game postponed. There’s a March. Thousands are expected. Some will continue to chant outside during the game - some will go in and do so during the game. The stuff on here about people going onto the pitch every 5 minutes getting themselves a criminal record and banned from any future match is fantasy land stuff as always. Just like throwing fecking golf balls at players. As is the 72k fan boycott refusing to go to the game - it’s never been planned for outside of a Twitter fan page from people who have no clue how difficult that is to organise. This shit totally undermines the real protests - the media and online fandom have now built this up so much with fantasy delusions that if the game goes ahead and the stadium has people in it then the protest has failed - when neither of these things were ever called for - just like at the Brentford game last season when the plan to was get people to leave 17 minutes from the end and not many joined the media response was the glazers won that night.

phelans shorts

A) Liverpool was the first home game after the Super League announcement

B) Liverpool is the biggest game in the country so anything outside the normal gets more attention, as evidenced by…

C) there was a protest before Brighton and it just didn’t get much coverage

Josh 76

I don't disagree with him, but he's a twat for saying that.
All these Utd fans who fell for his bullshit rant the other day about talksport need their heads testing. Klopp wasn’t backing up Utd!

He’s a fecking wanker who’s feeling the pressure and using Utd to manipulate the situation.

Klopp knows he has to win the title this season. 1 league title in 8 years will be a failure for the greatest team the world has ever seen.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ah, so rather than hold your hands up and admit you were being wrongly critical of fans through improper knowledge of the situation, you'd prefer to double down. It's literally the second home game of the season. What do you want them to do? Sod their home life off and be at OT everyday? What are you doing to fight against the owners?
No I stand by what I said. I don’t want or have asked them to do anything :lol: But protesting once or twice a season Is doing loads isn’t it? I’m doing nothing what about you? Doesn’t mean I don’t want them gone! Every single fan of ours wants them gone but it would of happened by now… everyone invaded the pitch a season or 2 ago and what happened… ohhh there still the owners. The protests have been happening year after year and oh look… they’ve not gone anywhere…

DJ_21

If I’m not mistaken because Liverpool vs man united is one of the biggest games in English football, it seems some people who do the protest think that by doing it in one of the biggest game in the country, it will send strong message.
Like last time when it got called of? I think all that happened was the club was fined. The owners are still here… my point was by doing it every home game there most likely going to take more notice then just doing it for the biggest fixture which we only play at home once a season…

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Looking more forward to the protest than the game tomorrow, I really hope we have the numbers and can make a real impact.

Man-United

It seems because of the signing of Casemiro, the anger is not as big as it was a week ago. Glazer will be happy.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Like last time when it got called of? I think all that happened was the club was fined. The owners are still here…
It's a really bad attitude to look down on those actually getting active in trying to achieve change.

If you can't be arsed, fine, but don't badmouth those who can

rk4utd

It’s a coincidence that we are playing Liverpool again and it’s coinciding with another outpouring of anti-Glazer sentiment. As a match goer sitting in the family stand the protests are frustratingly stalling as soon as people get in the ground - that’s if the day trippers amongst the match day crowd haven’t already spent their money in the shop. The queues for half time pies and drinks will still be huge. There will be some singing but the day trippers will still stare at people blankly. Short of demonstrations outside the ground nothing will work inside as the support is so diluted on match days by the day trippers - just my observation as a 40+ year season ticket holder desperate to get the scum out but feeling that during the game protests have been futile thus far cause of this dilution of support by ‘fans’ largely ambivalent to the cause.

DJ_21

People need to remember the protests that got the game called off last time helped Liverpool get the champions League spot, we was in good form and still fighting for second spot, I think we would of beat them on that day.

Then the game gets postponed, then by the time we played them we had already secured 2nd (I think?) And the team was in holiday mode.

I couldn't believe not much was said about that plus the bastards got to the champions league final.

I just hope these protests don't bite us in the ass like last time.
Doesn’t really matter at this stage of the season… we’ve lost the first 2 so even if it did get called of and re scheduled we could be in better form when we next play them. Don’t think it will get called of though… I actually think we could beat them if we play at our best.

phelans shorts

Like last time when it got called of? I think all that happened was the club was fined. The owners are still here… my point was by doing it every home game there most likely going to take more notice then just doing it for the biggest fixture which we only play at home once a season…
As has been mentioned many times in the last page, it does happen every game at this stage, you just weren’t aware of that fact.

DJ_21

It's a really bad attitude to look down on those actually getting active in trying to achieve change.

No I think you’ve misunderstood me… I’m not bad mouthing anyone. I’m all for the fans doing everything they can to get rid of them… alls I’m saying is it’s not worked or done anything yet. I’d never bad mouth any red because I know every single one of our fans want what’s best for the club.

DJ_21

As has been mentioned many times in the last page, it does happen every game at this stage, you just weren’t aware of that fact.
I know it happens every game in the ground and stuff, I’m not aware of it happening outside the stadium?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
No I think you’ve misunderstood me… I’m not bad mouthing anyone. I’m all for the fans doing everything they can to get rid of them… alls I’m saying is it’s not worked or done anything yet. I’d never bad mouth any red because I know every single one of our fans want what’s best for the club.
Then maybe I've misread your posts, sorry :)

DJ_21

Yep, every single game.
fair enough… Everyone’s not going to be on the same page about this anyway… there’s gonna be halve the fans that are just going to buy tickets and cheer the team on and then the other halve who buy tickets and protest inside the ground. The fact is though once you’ve bought a ticket you’ve already given them money so it defeats the object of protesting… we all know they only care about money so if we’re gonna do something then it needs to be to stop them earning money which will mean not buying tickets but because we all love the club we’re going to so we can support the team at the games.

phelans shorts

fair enough… Everyone’s not going to be on the same page about this anyway… there’s gonna be halve the fans that are just going to buy tickets and cheer the team on and then the other halve who buy tickets and protest inside the ground. The fact is though once you’ve bought a ticket you’ve already given them money so it defeats the object of protesting… we all know they only care about money so if we’re gonna do something then it needs to be to stop them earning money which will mean not buying tickets but because we all love the club we’re going to so we can support the team at the games.
So now you’ve conceded that you were wrong about “only protesting against Liverpool” (and actually perfectly shown why Liverpool one’s are particularly important) but then immediately decided to follow it up at people by taking a swipe at them for going to the game. Incredible scenes

I’m loving my life

Exactly, I’m convinced the Glazers have stooges spreading dissent against protests installed online. If it’s not that it’s rival fans in disguise, and if it’s not that…then some posters have questionable motives in supporting the club

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I’m not doing the protest. Ask the people who do the protest. I’m giving you the reason why they pick the Liverpool game rather than the Brighton game. Nothing to do with they think we can get points against them.

Abraxas

Unless we get the games cancelled at protests, I don't see how it makes a big impact. The Glazers won't be there to see it. It's something they might read at best. But if you have billions in play would you read about a protest that the fans don't like you - something you've known since you got involved in the club, and then suddenly lose resolve? Well, some might, but the Glazers have always shown a thick skin.

Sadly these types of things have to go pretty far to get the desired result. They have to straddle that line between what is palatable and acceptable and what isn't. If people aren't questioning if the methods are going too far, then they're probably not going far enough to make any impact on a family like the Glazers.

Water Melon

Exactly, I’m convinced the Glazers have stooges spreading dissent against protests installed online. If it’s not that it’s rival fans in disguise, and if it’s not that…then some posters have questionable motives in supporting the club
Seconded.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Chances of the club presenting Casemero to the crowd pregame to try quell some of the unrest :confused:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Actually on second thought I actually wouldn't mind the game being called off due to protests, might put some extra pressure on the management to inject even more cash for transfers.

Baxquux

It needs to be combined and sequential: delay entrance to the ground; have statements with 'tik tok' length clippable, SSN and YT segment excerpt-able and longer set of demands - drawing upon the earlier mission statements and making it clear that it's about oversight and stewardship, institutional direction and accountability rather than just buying a headline player - ready for the mass-media as well as through the fan channels with global reach.

Organize a larger (hundreds rather than one or two, categorizable as lone-wolf 'pitchside invaders') peaceful protest on the pitch prior to kickoff, causing further delay and media reporting. Call once again, in media interviews and on social media, for sponsor boycott until ownership relinquishes control, which calls at least have some kind of public relations traction aggregated and potentially exert leverage.

Your mileage may vary about the current Opposition in the UK but they're likely to be in power sometime in the next 2 years, so lobby for a statement explicitly committing to forcing any club that tries to go into Super League ( something the Glazers are still banking on as the next boost to asset price) to be made available for purchase at independently evaluated market price, with fan representation on the board and with bids subject to at least the level of stringency applied to the sale of Chelsea. Even the current government (again YMMV) and one of the candidates for new Leader might echo these commitments despite themselves.

Offsideagain

Better exposure against Liverpool. More effective protest. The number one priority is to send a message and targeting and maybe calling off a match vs Liverpool is the best way of doing that
Calling off the match against Liverpool is definitely not the way to go. The PL will sanction the club after the last episode and may take points off us even if we haven’t got any. Peaceful but loud will do just as much damage to the Glazers as a riot which would taint the image of the fans and the Club. Stay calm guys.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Chances of the club presenting Casemero to the crowd pregame to try quell some of the unrest :confused:
Didn’t Real say they are doing a presentation with him on Monday? So he won’t be in Manchester. Unless I’m completely making that up which is probably the case.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Calling off the match against Liverpool is definitely not the way to go. The PL will sanction the club after the last episode and may take points off us even if we haven’t got any. Peaceful but loud will do just as much damage to the Glazers as a riot which would taint the image of the fans and the Club. Stay calm guys.
Agreed. The momentum is only going one way now. Keep it in the news with the media on side - loud, large, peaceful and legal - make it clear the glazers are now toxic to their own “brand” and the asset value isn’t increasing under them - Jim will handle the rest. I’m convinced they want to sell anyway - everything else is all games around the price.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Again I'll pop up to point out there is no official plan or intention to get this called off.

It's just another march and probably cause a bit of a scene outside to keep the media attention going and the megastore shut

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Didn’t Real say they are doing a presentation with him on Monday? So he won’t be in Manchester. Unless I’m completely making that up which is probably the case.
Maybe so, I'm not keeping fully up to date.

Just seemed like the sort of move they might pull to take some heat out of the situation.

DJ_21

I’m not doing the protest. Ask the people who do the protest. I’m giving you the reason why they pick the Liverpool game rather than the Brighton game. Nothing to do with they think we can get points against them.
Fair enough.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I personally hope the game goes on. I share the sentiment of the protesters but I don't see how cancelling the game losing three points and possibly being docked points helps Ten Hag.

Lecland07

I personally hope the game goes on. I share the sentiment of the protesters but I don't see how cancelling the game losing three points and possibly being docked points helps Ten Hag.
Yes - it will make it untenable for the manager, also. If people want to take it this far, I think it will come at the cost of Ten Hag - he will not want to stay at a club that is having protracted protests that are interrupting the schedule.

Not knowing whether a game will be played or not will become too frustrating. He will not be able to do his job under those circumstances, so be prepared for us needing a new manager.