Protest planned ahead of the Liverpool game

hobbers

It's a Monday night game, which usually means loads more day trippers than usual.

Turnout for any protest will be shit.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It's a Monday night game, which usually means loads more day trippers than usual.

Turnout for any protest will be shit.
Wrong on both counts?

More locals due to difficult of travel and time off for day trippers.

Turnout will be good, and again I reiterate. The aim is NOT to get the game called off.

red thru&thru

Calling off the match against Liverpool is definitely not the way to go. The PL will sanction the club after the last episode and may take points off us even if we haven’t got any. Peaceful but loud will do just as much damage to the Glazers as a riot which would taint the image of the fans and the Club. Stay calm guys.
I agree with being calm. However, the game being called off is the biggest statement that can be made against the Glazers.

Trophy Room

This is going to turn violent and it’s going to be even worse than the last time. You cannot expect a peaceful protest when alcohol is involved.

phelans shorts

Wrong on both counts?

More locals due to difficult of travel and time off for day trippers.

Turnout will be good, and again I reiterate. The aim is NOT to get the game called off.
We’ve hit a point where (I can only assume) deliberate misinformation has seen it so any protest will be seen as a failure if the game goes ahead and there’s people in the stadium. It’s so frustrating.

Here’s to the planned protest going through as it’s supposed to and hopefully making a good ripple regardless, mind.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
We’ve hit a point where (I can only assume) deliberate misinformation has seen it so any protest will be seen as a failure if the game goes ahead and there’s people in the stadium. It’s so frustrating.

Here’s to the planned protest going through as it’s supposed to and hopefully making a good ripple regardless, mind.
Could be right mate. There is literally no official call from any groups to not go in the ground. .
It's simply a march to keep the message going.

estel_manutd

The FA giving us a point deduction with us in the negative after 3 matchdays is a great message to the Glazers and our commercial partners that this brand is becoming very toxic very fast. Its a great bit of pressure. Some people on this forum seem to be under the impression that they are looking to sell. I completely disagree, why do all this panic buying then? I have no doubt they will be using Casemiro as a prop before the Liverpool game and having him walking around the pitch a bit.

They don't want to sell and why would they?

The Glazers poison seeps through everything. We will never compete for silverware again, Its just a steady decline that started even during SAF's time. If by some miracle we do, its going to be short-lived, the exception and the longer they stay as owners the less chances of something like that happening. Our club has no fecking future right now.

Its obvious that what we have been doing to get rid of them is not working. Its only when the fanbase becomes agitated to the point of threatening matches being played that they start to take notice (because money).
This is true. I hope United fans everywhere remain strong in their resolve to show Glazers the door. Signings are a distraction. An (inevitably short) upturn in on-pitch performance is a distraction. We will never truly compete for the league under their ownership.

kps88

Could be right mate. There is literally no official call from any groups to not go in the ground. .
It's simply a march to keep the message going.
I don't remember, but was there an official call from any of the groups last time to go into the ground/try and get the match called off?

maximus419

The only worry for any protest, the police will be very heavy handed, especially as this is being pushed. Throw in Liverpool fans who will be winding up utd fans and it has the potential to be very ugly.

It also doesnt look good for potential signings or the manager who is still trying to settle in. If he sees the club have a section of supporters who are going to make life difficult, it makes their job twice as hard.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I don't remember, but was there an official call from any of the groups last time to go into the ground/try and get the match called off?
It was quite widely circulated that direct action was the plan for that one. Red Issue forum had groups setup, the lads who got the Lowry cordoned off were an organised group etc. Not the case on this one.

Ema_datsi

The only worry for any protest, the police will be very heavy handed, especially as this is being pushed.
Always nice to see the govt. and authorities siding with the scumbags that have ruined one of England’s greatest clubs. Coupled with how the FA just seem to bend over for the Glazers, this lot are the embodiment of Judases - anything for a few shiny pennies. The ABU media can say what they want, they’ll always be anti-United, but I certainly hope there will be more major protests and peaceful disruptions. Seeing all these signing these scumbags have sanctioned in the last few days infuriates me more - the money was always there, it’s just that these stupid sh*ts were trying to run this club on a cheap. I fear that a large section of our supporter are already losing sight of the bigger picture easily appeased by shiny new signing :(, already condoning the Glazers’ aweful ownership, already damning us to more years under their yoke.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
Why would you pick the game against your greatest historic rivals to give them an automatic 3 points. Wait until the Arsenal game :D

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
I bet there are going to be ‘paid’ troublemakers in the crowd that will ruin everything. Could even be undercover cops. It’s important to loudly isolate such individuals and hand them over to the cops.

Ema_datsi

I bet there are going to be ‘paid’ troublemakers in the crowd that will ruin everything. Could even be undercover cops. It’s important to loudly isolate such individuals and hand them over to the cops.
Wouldn’t put it beyond the Glazers from setting up false flags to discredit United supporters.

In a similar vein, I wonder how much of their much vaunted social-media following is just bots. There are firms that do this - I believe that was the case surrounding the “Snyder-cut”, and how he allegedly hired a company to create a fake social media movement supporting his film.

ColvaleGoa

Let's hope this is successful . And we don't have the game called off. Let's get the message across to Glazers..You are not wanted anymore!

phelans shorts

The only worry for any protest, the police will be very heavy handed, especially as this is being pushed. Throw in Liverpool fans who will be winding up utd fans and it has the potential to be very ugly.

It also doesnt look good for potential signings or the manager who is still trying to settle in. If he sees the club have a section of supporters who are going to make life difficult, it makes their job twice as hard.
And?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What is with so many posters baulking at getting the game called off? At worse we get docked 3 pts, which we aren't getting anyway or get a fine. Both are inconsequential when it comes to the long term future of the club.

People here talk a big game and when it comes to people actually trying to do something they turn into order loving bunnies. No change is bought about without a little disruption. Getting a game called off if it sends a message is hardly a big deal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Tell you what, I'm all for protests, but not when they inconvenience anyone or achieve anything :lol:
The last one was a resounding success.
Cheesed everyone off, bar the actual owners, and then when the game was re-played it came at a really awkward time for us, we got battered, and it let Liverpool into the top 4.
Brilliant work lads.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What is with so many posters baulking at getting the game called off? At worse we get docked 3 pts, which we aren't getting anyway or get a fine. Both are inconsequential when it comes to the long term future of the club.

People here talk a big game and when it comes to people actually trying to do something they turn into order loving bunnies. No change is bought about without a little disruption. Getting a game called off if it sends a message is hardly a big deal.
What did the last time achieved? genuine question?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Umm it led to the Glazers engaging with fan groups for the first time since the takeover. Led them to opening the fan share scheme and promising investment into Old Trafford refurbishment.

Now sure to a lot of you it probably doesn't matter much, but these were big steps compared to absolute radio silence from them after 16 years. And that was after just one instance where we didn't keep the pressure on them. Now we have a prospective buyer on the scene, we must not repeat that mistake and let the pressure lessen. We need to be as disruptive as possible until we get the leeches out. One game or even season is not relevant compared to that.

I’m loving my life

Coverage, and an incremental step towards getting the people who have been damaging our club out. It is going to be extremely difficult to remove them given the 17 year period and the money they continue to cream off us.

It didn’t make them sell the club immediately, if you’re suggesting that that would have been a realistic outcome.

phelans shorts

Umm it led to the Glazers engaging with fan groups for the first time since the takeover. Led them to opening the fan share scheme and promising investment into Old Trafford refurbishment.

Now sure to a lot of you it probably doesn't matter much, but these were big steps compared to absolute radio silence from them after 16 years. And that was after just one instance where we didn't keep the pressure on them. Now we have a prospective buyer on the scene, we must not repeat that mistake and let the pressure lessen. We need to be as disruptive as possible until we get the leeches out. One game or even season is not relevant compared to that.
Look, it caused a minor inconvenience to sandikans Sunday evening so all protests in future must cease, however peaceful they may be

red thru&thru

I would not encourage people to do what I wouldn't do myself. I wouldn't want to get arrested. I wouldn't want a criminal record. A fine. A lifetime ban to watch my club.

However, the biggest impact tomorrow towards the Glazers would be to get the game called off.

wangyu

I’m salivating at the thought of a pitch invasion, I crave some Monday evening entertainment badly!
Still think it will only be an airplane banner

maximus419

And I hate the glazers as much as the next fan but, we've got to be realistic. The team and club come before the owners. Making life difficult for the players, creating a toxic atmosphere at every home match, how is that going to help exactly?

Players are bereft of confidence right now, what they need is support from the fans. By all means make like difficult for the glazers, boycott the club shop, put up banners right across each end of OT, even get on a plane to the US and go and protest outside their homes. But making Old Trafford a really bad atmosphere will just drive fans away. Utd need good publicity right now, not loads of idiots looking to cause trouble. Once the beer is in the brains are out, the media will make sure the fans are painted in the worst possible light. People need to be cleverer than this.

phelans shorts

And I hate the glazers as much as the next fan but, we've got to be realistic. The team and club come before the owners. Making life difficult for the players, creating a toxic atmosphere at every home match, how is that going to help exactly?

Players are bereft of confidence right now, what they need is support from the fans. By all means make like difficult for the glazers, boycott the club shop, put up banners right across each end of OT, even get on a plane to the US and go and protest outside their homes. But making Old Trafford a really bad atmosphere will just drive fans away. Utd need good publicity right now, not loads of idiots looking to cause trouble. Once the beer is in the brains are out, the media will make sure the fans are painted in the worst possible light. People need to be cleverer than this.
The team and club won’t improve until the owners are gone. You can’t win a war without losing a few battles etc…