Protest planned ahead of the Liverpool game

Member 125398

Whatever happens happens. This protest has to be the first (again) of many. It's going to take a sustained effort to get them out. This time a realistic solution is on the table (Ratcliffe), hopefully that can strengthen our solidarity.

FcUnitedRed

Supports
Glazers Out
Genuinely wish i could be there tonight!.

Do us proud boys/girls!!

#LUHG

MarylandMUFan

If a protest led to a penalty where we had to play behind closed doors for a set of matches, would that be the best case scenario? Ticket holders get refunded (I would think), the club loses a crap ton of money, and it has a noticeable impact.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
A fairly insulting slur to be honest. I want the Glazers gone. The protest as outlined in the tweet by the 58 group has potential to be embarrassing. If the protest doesn’t result in a postponement, it’s a waste of time.
It's actually embarrassing if you are not a Glazer shill because this kind of defeatism is doing their bidding for free.

Who cares what group organised it, since plenty of United fans will get there and spend their free time to express their support.

Ema_datsi

Who cares what group organised it, since plenty of United fans will get there and spend their free time to express their support.
Amen to that! We have to be united for the sake of our club. These Glazers are reeling, we have to be unified and knock out these scumbags! This is the opportunity - there are viable buyers. We can’t lose sight of this.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Agreed.
Just as there's no pitch invasion and crowd trouble. I'm sure stadium security will be tight this time as opposed to ESL protest when it seems anybody can enter the stadium.
Bound to be both if the numbers being bandied about are close to being true. No way to not have daft cnuts who would do either or both.

Seven Seas Sardines

I'm surprised there is so little talk about the protest in here, it's the most important day in the history of the club! Millions of people on twitter are joining arms and broadcasters from US and all over the world are coming only to cover what's happening before the match.. It will be the biggest protest ever seen by a football club and it's needed to finally get the Glazers out.

We won't ever have this much momentum ever again, as Ten Hag with new signings will paper over the Glazer cracks if we let them..

Yakuza_devils

We need to make this protest as big as possible. Those match going fans should all join the protests. We will easily have more than 10,000 people in the protest if most the match going fans join in.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I'm surprised there is so little talk about the protest in here, it's the most important day in the history of the club! Millions of people on twitter are joining arms and broadcasters from US and all over the world are coming only to cover what's happening before the match.. It will be the biggest protest ever seen by a football club and it's needed to finally get the Glazers out.

We won't ever have this much momentum ever again, as Ten Hag with new signings will paper over the Glazer cracks if we let them..
Will it? The protests in 2005 were massive.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

They’re doing what?

Adamsk7

I hope that was an authorised use of Ratcliffe otherwise that's very amateur and looks really needy. I'm all for the protests and believe every fan should get behind it but I'm uncomfortable lofting anyone up as a saviour, especially considering that sort of publicity may not be what he or his business are looking for. It's one thing saying he's interested IF the club is for sale, it's entirely another having his head on posters, banners and other media.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yup. How many people were there for ESL protest?
Dunno. Plus I just can't see the city allowing for anything approaching last time vis à vis numbers & intensity.

That said, I am looking at this through an American lens & being biased by American policing.

MarylandMUFan

I hope that was an authorised use of Ratcliffe otherwise that's very amateur and looks really needy. I'm all for the protests and believe every fan should get behind it but I'm uncomfortable lofting anyone up as a saviour, especially considering that sort of publicity may not be what he or his business are looking for. It's one thing saying he's interested IF the club is for sale, it's entirely another having his head on posters, banners and other media.
Yeah, we have a habit of jumping the gun on banners (the chosen one?).

Gee Male

Is Ratcliffe involved with the 1958, or is this just the 1958 spreading their cheeks for him?

Guapa

Good luck to all tonight.Stay safe and keep it legal and get the message heard.
This doesn't stop until the're gone.

:devil: