Gaming PS4 vs Xbox One - The suckiest thread in the history of suckyness

Which one will you buy?

• Total voters

ciderman9000000

Cider won't cancel though because he's too intent on being original and going against the stream, he's going to be one of the two people on here who pick it up at launch.
It's been much reported of late that both consoles will achieve sales of around 3-4m each come the festive period, some analysts predicting that the XBO will outsell the PS4 in this time. With this in mind, I'm hardly being very original or bucking the trend in opting for the XBO, a console which very much better suits my needs in comparison to $ON¥'s imo weaker offering.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Clearly xbox suits ciderman's needs whatever they may be. He may be too fat or retarded to control his tv with a remote, or just wants to talk to his xbox, it's fine. Though in the real world I just cannot see parents that aren't mentally challenged opting for the more expensive option. Xbone might not even reach dreamcast numbers. Vita and virtual boy will have company.

I think this will be microsoft's last console as the failure would be so immense their board of directors will scrap the whole gaming division.

ciderman9000000

Clearly xbox suits ciderman's needs whatever they may be. He may be too fat or retarded to control his tv with a remote, or just wants to talk to his xbox, it's fine. Though in the real world I just cannot see parents that aren't mentally challenged opting for the more expensive option. Xbone might not even reach dreamcast numbers. Vita and virtual boy will have company.

I think this will be microsoft's last console as the failure would be so immense their board of directors will scrap the whole gaming division.
I know it sounds counterintuitive, but you should prepare to be surprised.

It's rather bizarre that you'd make that point about mentally challenged parents. Don't you think that parents in particular would be enamoured by the XBO Kinect?

Even with infinitely inferior Kinect I system, one thing that it has always been praised for has been its suitability for family gaming.

I'm struggling to picture your interpretation of the parents' mindset. "Hmmmm. The kids really love Kinect, but the PS4 definitely has more teraflops!

The original Kinect sold by the absolute boatload; parents are certainly not worried about spending the cash to get their kids into motion gaming.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

For plenty of people it will offer the better games, especially in the first year or so. Everybody in here claims it's about being a gamer, and not caring about which console has the best media features or can play apps - fine.. let's compare the game offerings; I believe the Xbox One has the best games to offer from what we've seen so far.

I imagine in 5 years time, if we consider games alone, the Xbox One will at least be on par with the PS4 - that alone is enough reason that you wouldn't have to be mentally challenged to pick it.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There's like 5 decent exclusive launch games, not much else in the pipe line... all this talk of 'teh best games' is uninspiring. It's either wishful thinking or spin... You'll still be playing your current gen next year and by then we'll actually have a selection of games to argue about...

Bojan11

It's been much reported of late that both consoles will achieve sales of around 3-4m each come the festive period, some analysts predicting that the XBO will outsell the PS4 in this time. With this in mind, I'm hardly being very original or bucking the trend in opting for the XBO, a console which very much better suits my needs in comparison to $ON¥'s imo weaker offering.
Firstly both consoles won't get 3 to 4m.

You looking at 1.5 or more for PS4 and around 1m for Xbox one. Also Xbox one will not outsell PS4. You have to be deluded to think that. PS4 launches in more countries and is cheaper.

Alock1

There's like 5 exclusive launch games, not much else in the pipe line... all this talk of 'teh best games' is uninspiring. It's either wishful thinking or spin... You'll still be playing your current gen next year and by then we'll actually have a selection of games to argue about...
Project Spark, Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising, Forza, Fable, Halo, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Kinect Sports, Ryse, Gears of War, Below, Crackdown 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Black Tusk Studios title - there's others too, they'll have sequels and there will more new IPs announced in time aswel.

People weren't disheartened by the Xbox 360s line up until the last 2 years or so (I wasn't for sure), when Kinect became the focus - for 5 years the console was great, and Microsoft have put a huge amount of money into producing games for the Xbox One. I'm not worried at all about the turnover of good games on the Xbox One for the next 5 years - if after that, it wanes, as did the 360, I'd say my money was well spent.

FreakyJim

I know it sounds counterintuitive, but you should prepare to be surprised.

It's rather bizarre that you'd make that point about mentally challenged parents. Don't you think that parents in particular would be enamoured by the XBO Kinect?

Even with infinitely inferior Kinect I system, one thing that it has always been praised for has been its suitability for family gaming.

I'm struggling to picture your interpretation of the parents' mindset. "Hmmmm. The kids really love Kinect, but the PS4 definitely has more teraflops!

The original Kinect sold by the absolute boatload; parents are certainly not worried about spending the cash to get their kids into motion gaming.
Wake up, cider. You're living in some voice and motion control dreamtardworld. People bought kinect fot the novelty, tried it for 5 min and forgot it ever existed. Kids, babies, grandparents..no one gives a feck that there's kinect 2 like no one gives a feck about zune 2, ps move, 3d, 4d and every other gimmick ever created.
Kids will want the latest cod, parents will buy them the cheaper option and they'll be informed that this cheaper option is also actually much better hardware wise.

It's looking grim, cider. You can still cancel that ridiculous xbone and preorder the future. I know you want it.

afrocentricity

Project Spark, Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising, Forza, Fable, Halo, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Kinect Sports, Ryse, Gears of War, Below, Crackdown 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Black Tusk Studios title - there's others too, they'll have sequels and there will more new IPs announced in time aswel....
How many of these will be out this year? How many of them have you actually seen? anyway... it's my opinion that the games aren't better... they are on par, if that. They also aren't enough to make either console a must purchase for me right now... you'll beg to dither no doubt.

ciderman9000000

Wake up, cider. You're living in some voice and motion control dreamtardworld. People bought kinect fot the novelty, tried it for 5 min and forgot it ever existed. Kids, babies, grandparents..no one gives a feck that there's kinect 2 like no one gives a feck about zune 2, ps move, 3d, 4d and every other gimmick ever created.
Kids will want the latest cod, parents will buy them the cheaper option and they'll be informed that this cheaper option is also actually much better hardware wise.

It's looking grim, cider. You can still cancel that ridiculous xbone and preorder the future. I know you want it.
What can I say?

You're massively misjudging the market.

Alock1

How many of these will be out this year? How many of them have you actually seen? anyway... it's my opinion that the games aren't better... they are on par, if that. They also aren't enough to make either console a must purchase for me right now... you'll beg to dither no doubt.
Right, and the exaggerations over Xbox One here were my point - not whether or not you prefer the list of titles. The list was merely to counter your throwaway remark of 'meh, there's like 5 exclusives' - yeah, good one.

That list, plus the huge amount of multi-platform games that will be offered on the Xbox One - you definitely wouldn't have to be mentally challenged to buy the Xbox One, and it can definitely end up offering great value to millions of customers. I said at the end of 5 years, I reckon they'll be pretty on par for game offerings, but so what if PS4 has offered more? Does that make the Xbox offerings ridiculously bad, no? There are people who have played nothing but Call of Duty on their current gen consoles, and have got a huge amount of entertainment value out of it.

The general consensus is that the Xbox offerings for launch/first year are better than that of PS4, but also that Sony have proven they will support consoles for the incredibly long term and still have critically acclaimed studios to announce their titles. Both consoles are gonna be great for many people.

FreakyJim

What can I say?

You're massively misjudging the market.
Little kids want smartphones and tablets. Pre-teens, teens etc want cod. Grown ups have self respect and don't want to wave their hands and legs around and talk to their tvs and furniture. They know it's embarrassing.
I'm a renowned and actually revered market analyst. I know what I'm talking about. Microsoft is screwed.

afrocentricity

Right, and the exaggerations over Xbox One here were my point - not whether or not you prefer the list of titles. The list was merely to counter your throwaway remark of 'meh, there's like 5 exclusives' - yeah, good one.

That list, plus the huge amount of multi-platform games that will be offered on the Xbox One - you definitely wouldn't have to be mentally challenged to buy the Xbox One, and it can definitely end up offering great value to millions of customers. I said at the end of 5 years, I reckon they'll be pretty on par for game offerings, but so what if PS4 has offered more? Does that make the Xbox offerings ridiculously bad, no? There are people who have played nothing but Call of Duty on their current gen consoles, and have got a huge amount of entertainment value out of it.

The general consensus is that the Xbox offerings for launch/first year are better than that of PS4, but also that Sony have proven they will support consoles for the incredibly long term and still have critically acclaimed studios to announce their titles. Both consoles are gonna be great for many people.
You sound like you're trying to convince yourself.

ciderman9000000

Little kids want smartphones and tablets. Pre-teens, teens etc want cod. Grown ups have self respect and don't want to wave their hands and legs around and talk to their tvs and furniture. They know it's embarrassing.
I'm a renowned and actually revered market analyst. I know what I'm talking about. Microsoft is screwed.
:lol::lol::lol:

Alock1

Seriously?
I mean, really?

FreakyJim

Ok, that was a bit of fun, I'm off to bed. You guys keep the worst thread ever going.

afrocentricity

It's not that bad, I find this thread entertaining in the same way that I find RAWK entertaining... mass delusion, cognitive dissonance... we've seen it all in here.

Alock1

You sound like you're trying to convince yourself.
I don't need convincing, I'll be able to play pretty much every game available for the next 5 years or so.

Multiplatform games alone on the Xbox One offer good value for the console when you consider how long they last.

Over 5 years - Xbox One (£430) + 5 games per year (£1000) + 5 years of Xbox Live (£200) + accessories n shit (£250) is like 7£ per week - (editted, because extra pence here or there is a big deal)

Alock1

You guys took critical thinking at school/college didn't you? I can tell.. arguments are definitely worthy of a top grade at college.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Y'all nerds gonna feck or what? There's definitely sexual tension in here anyway.

Also to stop this thread being so gay and shit, there should be a list of reasons as to why PS4 is better than Xbox One.
This would help people who aren't planning on getting married to their console make an informed choice and you cyber whores could do something useful for a change.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
You guys took critical thinking at school/college didn't you? I can tell.. arguments are definitely worthy of a top grade at college.
I'm not hating, just seems like 5 games a year is a bit of a conservative estimate to me but hey, it's not my 'calculation' so it's not an issue i guess.

TheSamulator

10 games a year? 11£?

This is at full price, with no trading in too bear in mind.
Yeah might be a bit closer, like i said though it's all up to you really. I buy a lot of indie type games too so i'd probably have more then that (as long as they're available on Xbox One that is) but those would obviously be a lower price. Mostly.

Alock1

I'm not hating, just seems like 5 games a year is a bit of a conservative estimate to me but hey, it's not my 'calculation' so it's not an issue i guess.
I think for every PS3/Xbox 360 that has sold, there has been like 10 games for it.

It's incredibly low for me too, but there are plenty of people who have only brought games from 1/2 series (COD, FIFA, Madden are probably the best examples).

My point is mostly that, the value in gaming is incredible - the PS4 might seem like better value to lots, but the Xbox One still holds incredible value.

TheSamulator

I think for every PS3/Xbox 360 that has sold, there has been like 10 games for it.

It's incredibly low for me too, but there are plenty of people who have only brought games from 1/2 series (COD, FIFA, Madden are probably the best examples).
Yeah that's a fair point. There are a lot of people that buy a console and then just buy FIFA and COD every year and are perfectly happy with just that.

Jacob

Here's a refreshing thought: I'm buying PS4 not for the hardware, titles or the price, but simply because I trust the brand more. Sony feels more like a gamer's console whereas Microsoft, in my opinion, feels more recreational. I'm a serious gamer.

While customers reflect on the choice between the two consoles, emotional attachments and brand loyalty will come into play more than anything else to be honest.

I couldn't care less about exclusive titles since I only rotate between two games at most, usually FIFA and first-person adventure/shooting.

Alock1

This is for you rcoobc! I know you like this sort of shiz

Alock1

Here's a refreshing thought: I'm buying PS4 not for the hardware, titles or the price, but simply because I trust the brand more. Sony feels more like a gamer's console whereas Microsoft, in my opinion, feels more recreational. I'm a serious gamer.

While customers reflect on the choice between the two consoles, emotional attachments and brand loyalty will come into play more than anything else to be honest.

I couldn't care less about exclusive titles since I only rotate between two games at most, usually FIFA and first-person adventure/shooting.
That's fair, and I understand your point completely. You're right, a huge amount of people will get the Xbox One because they trust in Xbox/MS too.

Personally, I found my Xbox 360 to be the better gaming platform, despite the disadvantages. The original Xbox One launch event concerned me, because they literally talked all about TV/Media - which I like - but the games are the most important thing. I felt their E3/Gamescom was very strong though, with huge emphasis put on games - the $100 million put into the controller, the $1bn set aside for game development and from what we've seen so far - I was no longer concerned.

I think that Xbox have made a mistake in leaving the generation weaker - they were stronger for a good few years in terms of game offerings, I'm not even sure Weaste can deny that, but their concentration on Kinect and lack of new IPs has given the stronger, reinforced impression that Sony are more dedicated when gaming is concerned.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

This is for you rcoobc! I know you like this sort of shiz
Me?! That was a random shout out :lol:

*watches*

*jaw drops*

Doesnt this game already exist? I've played this game. What's it called?! It's a 360 game...You fight aliens in rounds... Is this actually COD?

If so, good to see Activision have launched their version of Zombies. Good to see 4 player coop :drool:

Bojan11

CBOAT has spoken again

His vision, his fault.

Don't get to run away from this fallout.

The issues comes from facts. If you don't want to hear what I present, can't help you.

Focus your ire to the people who made these decisions regarding hardware. When messager is right you get mad, but I warn because I don't like what I've seen over the last 20 months.

Plan never not for gamers. Xbox One or PS4 or Wii U. All of Us. When directive are apps first, power second, this is not for gamers. When questions about DRM/online policy are [floate intenraly and disregard 3d]

Because monetization is job one for Executives, this is not for gamers. When you are lied to directly about features, that's not for gamers.
Today, Snap is broke. Fact. Maybe (and probably) fix for launch. Today connectivity and party is broken. Fact. And Maybe fix before launch.

ESRam is problem and tools will help down the road. Hardware will always be grim in comparison. This can never change without new hardware. Fact. Get mad at who you should be getting mad at.

Not the forum.
Not the posters.
Not people who know what's right and wrong and want to help gamers.

See you after launch!