Gaming PS4 vs Xbox One - The suckiest thread in the history of suckyness

Which one will you buy?

• Total voters

manutddjw

Easy choice for me the PS4.

I prefered Xbox, but they really fecked up with me with the red ring of death on the 360 and the whole ordeal I had to go through to get it fixed. When this happened, I made a vow to the bitch customer service rep that I would never buy another Xbox product again and I intend on keeping that vow.

Shark

@NotShark
Has anybody gone with the Xbox on here? :lol:

This is all quite worrying for Microsoft. Not the Caf's opinion, but the amount of people already going with the PS4 in general.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Tbh they both look shit. It's just that the Xbox has been so shit that people have forgotten that the PS4 is basically PS3 with graphics that are abit better.
There may be something in this. It's very difficult to judge the PS4 on it's own merits, when it was greeted as a ray of light, in the shadow of the abomination and undoubtedly worst gaming console that I have seen. The biggest cheers I heard at E3 were when Sony announced that the PS4 wasn't like the XBONE.

If it's a question of either one or the other then obviously I would go for the playstation. Personally I will likely wait a year or so to see how the PS4 does.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Has anybody gone with the Xbox on here? :lol:

This is all quite worrying for Microsoft. Not the Caf's opinion, but the amount of people already going with the PS4 in general.
A large percentage of people won't base the PS4/XBone anything other than the PS3 and the Xbox360 though. Probably 70% of teenagers and pre-teens, via their mothers, will just go by what they already have/what their mates have.

But yeah, not looking good for MS

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Hoping the PS4 has friends groups or something so I can decide to ignore certain groups while playing certain games (redcafe group / real life friends / other forum).

rcoobc

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I will be buying a ps4 1st. Almost mainly due to the price. It's clear MS will have to reduce their costs after a few months.

I'm still not sure apart from the pre owned fee for games and the extra cost for the console what the issue is.

They are fairly evenly matched in exclusives based on what I have seen. I will be eager to play both.

The logging in online once a day really isn't an issue for most people, and for me I haven't bought a pre owned game for years, so that would have no effect either. I do trade in my games when I am done with them and I can still do that.

Shark

@NotShark
A large percentage of people won't base the PS4/XBone anything other than the PS3 and the Xbox360 though. Probably 70% of teenagers and pre-teens, via their mothers, will just go by what they already have/what their mates have.

But yeah, not looking good for MS

True, but don't forget that it was the Xbox360 that was the cheaper option last time around. The PS4 being £100 less will be fairly determining in the early stages I'd imagine.

rcoobc

Four out of five of my PS3 games are pre-owned because new ones are too expensive. I could possibly justify buying new games if I could sell them on ebay 1-6 months later...

I feel like I help Sony out a lot though because I completely remove those games from the marketplace. I never sell on my used games, giving be a big old library I can play whenever I want. Of course it's a bit sad not playing the newest FIFA online with mates, or only getting a COD 12 months after everyone else does. The worst part it when servers go down for old games. (Seriously, what the feck. Let me host the damned thing.)

Back onto the console wars... If the roles were reversed and Sony came out with what the Xbox has and visa versa, but for the same price as they currently have...

Sony would lose.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
True, but don't forget that it was the Xbox360 that was the cheaper option last time around,

The PS3 really did have a bad launch, the Store was awful, there were very few good games for the first 6 months and it cost £425. The sixaxis was a fad no-one actually gave a toss about and of course it was delayed in Europe anyway, giving MS quite a healthy head start. It's quite amazing how far they've come with it since then. 140 games in development is some feat. Order 1886 from the little we've seen looks jizz-worthy.

Castia

In terms of actual new features and best looking games the Xbox wins by a mile for me, obviously that's coupled with all the mistakes they are making though. If they announced the ditching of the online requirement and for used games to be viable it would be a no brainer but since they are adding these features they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Sony must be loving it cause truth be told when you take the Xbox out of the equation the ps4 is quite dull, they have offered very little of anything new and the exclusive games so far aren't exactly groundbreaking. People are mainly jumping on the PS due to MS stupid ideas rather than for its own merits it seems.

Cina

In terms of actual new features and best looking games the Xbox wins by a mile for me, obviously that's coupled with all the mistakes they are making though. If they announced the ditching of the online requirement and for used games to be viable it would be a no brainer but since they are adding these features they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Sony must be loving it cause truth be told when you take the Xbox out of the equation the ps4 is quite dull, they have offered very little of anything new and the exclusive games so far aren't exactly groundbreaking. People are mainly jumping on the PS due to MS stupid ideas rather than for its own merits it seems.

Or maybe they want a gaming console and not some all-in-one brick that has a constant camera on every movement you make.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

What new features and games are you referring too? The ability to turn on your console with your voice?

Castia

I don't get that argument though. The Xbox offers exactly the same, if not more with exclusives as the PS4. The TV shit and Kinect is all extra, again though you couple that with the higher price compared to the PS and it just doesn't look good.

The voice activation doesn't just turn the console on though does it, you can pretty much control anything on the console and even Sky TV in the future. They have also talked about adding it into their games.

Leg-End

PS4 is dull and not groundbreaking? What because the Xbox One is? The only thing groundbreaking is Microsoft's decision to feck consumers in the ass.

I'll be getting the PS4.

Cina

I don't get that argument though. The Xbox offers exactly the same, if not more with exclusives as the PS4. The TV shit and Kinect is all extra, again though you couple that with the higher price compared to the PS and it just doesn't look good.

The voice activation doesn't just turn the console on though does it, you can pretty much control anything on the console and even Sky TV in the future. They have also talked about adding it into their games.

Yeah but what's gaming related there? The problem is that they basically marketed it as an all round entertainment system as opposed to a gaming console, and actually fecked over a lot of gamers with their policies. I think most people who picked the X360 over the PS3 (which as an entertainment system, was superior) was because it was a lower price, had a better controller and seemed like more of a gamers console than the PS3 was. The XBONE is doing pretty much the total opposite now.

Castia

Well that's exactly my point. MS have made some stupid decisions that's left customers with only one real choice, take away the Xbox and even the wii u though and Sony seem to have got away with playing it safe, I don't think the ps4 looks bad but it hardly looks great imo.

I'm just saying that based on exclusive games and features the Xbox seems better but that's pointless when they have made so many retarded decisions. The PS4 will win 'the war' before its even begun.

Cina

Well that's exactly my point. MS have made some stupid decisions that's left customers with only one real choice, take away the Xbox and even the wii u though and Sony seem to have got away with playing it safe, I don't think the ps4 looks bad but it hardly looks great imo.
I'll tell you what the PS4 looks like, a gaming console!

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Neither. At the end of the generation when there are hopefully a good selection of games I'd be interested in, and everything is much cheaper, if I was to get one then the PS4. Unless Microsoft drop their DRM then I wouldn't even consider it. At all.

However at the moment, I'm not interested in either.

Cina

Yeah I'm pretty happy with my new PC for a while at least, though I will probably get a console at some point when a see a game I really want, like I did with the PS3, spending €400 only to buy around ten games in six years, four of which were FIFA.

Stemmy

Kinda liked both last time round and have both the PS3 and 360.

No brainer now with the PS4. I wont be buying both consoles this time round as I can't justify spending the amount of a cash I used to spend on PC/Consoles/Games so PS4 wins for me, I was never a fan of the likes of Halo or Gears anyway. Much prefer Sony's exclusives.

Drainy

I'm not buying either but it's an easy choice as a gaming machine. There is no fecking way that anyone should pay £75 more upfront for a weaker console with more restrictive DRM and more expensive online service and worse 1st party games just because you get a kinect and can do things by voice- oh and watch a bit of telly...

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I think I sort of feel forced/pushed to getting a console at release because some of these games which are MMO's will not be as good a in a few years due to lack of participants, I feel to get the full experience you need to be part of the first wave really. If that makes sense?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
PS4 has won me over because of the price difference, but people are going OTT with the Xbox doom talk. Some of the games for it look great and it'll probably end up very close in sales to the PS4.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I was always a Sony man until about four years ago when I bought an X-Box, which I liked (and still do, to be honest). However, after reading the specifications and attributes of each new machine Sony and Microsoft are releasing, there's only one winner. And it's a whitewash at that.

PS4 will out-sell the X-Box One by a ratio of 6:1 or more I reckon.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
The next logical step for games after this gen is probably 3D, which probably came around a couple of years too late to integrate into this gen. Better graphics and better more realistic games for this gen, and then 3D gaming next one - happy days.

As for the PS4 and Xbone I hope everyone buys a PS4 because Microsoft's DRM restriction and always-online 'feature' is completely lame and is NOT where the game industry should be heading. Looks-wise who give a shit both are black boxes that play games which is all you want. No RLOD or YLOD this time would be nice though. I think Sony have learned from their mistakes last time and although may have 'played it safe' who wants to pay over 500 quid for a console in the current economic climate. 350 quid is a good starting price for the console.

Castia

Just looking at game prices on Zavvi for both consoles and I don't know how accurate they are at this stage but some are like £65...absolute robbery if they retail at that price.

Infact FIFA 14 and Thief on the PS are £70 surely that's not right

Leg-End

Just looking at game prices on Zavvi for both consoles and I don't know how accurate they are at this stage but some are like £65...absolute robbery if they retail at that price.

Infact FIFA 14 and Thief on the PS are £70 surely that's not right
Placeholder prices I would imagine.

Cina

My PS2 still works after 11 years and my PS3 has never had an issue in 6.