Gaming PS4 vs Xbox One - The suckiest thread in the history of suckyness

Which one will you buy?

• Total voters

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Is this likely to be the last round of consoles? Are we heading to an all streaming future?

vanthaman

Winner
What happens if you forget to log on for a day with the xbox one?
You don't have to turn it on and log in every day it just means that if you decide to play a game on the Xbox and you haven't been online within the past 24 hours you won't be able to play till you log in online

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Is this likely to be the last round of consoles? Are we heading to an all streaming future?
Nah. First there's the internet latency. Then they'll have to invest billions into servers that run all those games for everyone. Why do that when they can just sell the machines to people for profit and then sell them the games as well.

The near future is shaping up to be digital downloads only and always online DRM.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
What happens if you forget to log on for a day with the xbox one?
The way MS are going, If it doesn't log online in 24 hours, I wouldn't be surprised if it grows a pair of legs and walks out of your house in protest.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
You don't have to turn it on and log in every day it just means that if you decide to play a game on the Xbox and you haven't been online within the past 24 hours you won't be able to play till you log in online
What a pile of bollocks. So if your internet is down you can't play your games? Last time I moved house it took four weeks for the internet to be connected. I bought an xbox a year and a month ago and now the green light permanently flashes and the dvd tray won't open or close automatically and it's not reading the cd's anymore. Pricks can't even make a machine that will last a few days beyond warranty

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I think to play games on another person's xbox even logged in your account, it's permitted only 1 hour. Or was that something online related? I'm confused with all those restrictions.

Anyway, it's an unnecessary complication and is worded by microsoft as a feature, whilst being anti-consumer. Also you can't resell your game whenever or wherever you want. You have to do it thorough a microsoft licensed store or something. And a game can be resold only once etc.
Not sure why there are people still justifying this crap but whatever.
Actually, you can allow up to 10 friends to access your whole game library at any time. So if you buy a game, have me as one of your 10 allowed friends, I can play all your games without playing it myself. It's only if you went to a friends house who wasn't on your 10 friends.. and let's be honest, how many gamers have more than 10 real life friends - right?

I've got an xbox 360 and a PS Vita. If I'm honest, I did want MS to win this E3 and to wow me. If the two consoles had the same restrictions for used games, I'd have grabbed an Xbox even if it is 80£ more.

I haven't yet committed to PS4, just because I wish I could just ignore logic and buy an Xbox. I'm no fan boy, like I said I have a Vita - but the UI, the controller, my current profile, the apps - I'm really glad I picked 360 over PS3 for this gen.
If Xbox reviewed their policies I'd definitely move over, but how can they now? They're far too committed, the internet wrath would hurt them even more if they backed out I'd imagine. They'll still probably sell shit loads.. It's weird, because you imagine they'll be to the casual gamer who plays just COD and FIFA - and yet it's the more expensive console. Weird huh?

Kaos

PS4.

Its not even a close choice, which is shocking on MS's part. They've learnt all the right lessons from their debut launch with the original xbox which they've carried on to the 360, only to forget them again with the Xboned. They've seriously ballsed this one up, its an absolute trainwreck.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Quick pro and cons:
Sony pro:
- No retarded policies like buying the license to play a game. Here you buy the game.
- You can sell and lend video game discs without a problem and without paying an additional fee.
- No need to require on Internet to play single player.
- Slightly better hardware.
- Playstation exclusives. Most important are probably Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3.
- More than 140 games are in development for PS4. About a hundred of them will be released during the first year.
- Up-gradable hard disk.
- Region free.
- Price is 399EUR.

Sony cons:
- Now you need to pay a fee - believed to be under 5 dollars a month - to play online.

Microsoft pro:
- Shooter gamers would like to play Microsoft exclusives like Halo and Gears.

Microsost cons:
- You buy the license to play a game, instead of owning that game you buy.
- A game can only resell one time, and that to players who you have been friends for at-least one month.
- You have to connect to Internet at-least one time during 24 hours in order to play single player games.
- Kinect is watching you. All the fecking time.
- Slightly worse hardware.
- Non up-gradable hard disk.
- Region locked.
- Price is 499EUR.

Easy choice. Really.

FFXV won't be a PS4 exclusive apparently.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I suspect half of these supposed exclusives will be timed exclusives.... suits me ;)

DFreshKing

sure or not you'd still be wrong. Only applies to you ten 'special' friends.

They can access your entire library even if you are online.

DFreshKing

no it is ten special friends. The family thing is the shared xbox gold which again is an improvement, they are the exception that proves the rule.

You can polish a turd.

Silva

One thing people forget about the Xbox is the ability to log in and play games on another persons console though. For instance I cant lend x game to you but you/or I can log in on any Xbox one and play it through my account. You don't have the physical copy but you can still do anything you would otherwise, I really don't see the problem in some ways its better (you have access to this persons full games library not just the 1 game you borrow)

My mate could buy Fifa 14....I could log into his account from my home/console and play it (while he's not online). Same shit really.
With the PS4, if you have a game, you can take it to your friends house and play it weather or not he's connected to the internet.

Shark

@NotShark
GTA 5 will most likely stop me from buying either console for a good while.

I will buy the PS4 though. Microsoft have self destructed.

Iron Stove

Why on earth would Microsoft do that online lock thing? fecking self-implosion all things considered.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
With the PS4, if you have a game, you can take it to your friends house and play it weather or not he's connected to the internet.
The pb with a lot of people is that they take the internet for granted.I've seen a lot of "who lives without internet these days anyway ?" from Xbox one fans.
There are about a thousand reasons why someone would not have internet.There is something about owning a disk, something I can't really put words to.

Kaos

The pb with a lot of people is that they take the internet for granted.I've seen a lot of "who lives without internet these days anyway ?" from Xbox one fans.
There are about a thousand reasons why someone would not have internet.There is something about owning a disk, something I can't really put words to.
Tangible ownership of something? Building up a physical collection? The nostalgic ritual of wiping your discs clean with your shirt before inserting?

I can think of plenty of words ;)

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I'm tempted to get a PS4 now, with used games etc.

Weaste and Lambs will say yes, but no. (to the last round question)

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I prefer discs, lets say I download game on "One Night Only" account, then I decide to change my account for some reason, then I'd need to repay for the game wouldn't I?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I prefer discs, lets say I download game on "One Night Only" account, then I decide to change my account for some reason, then I'd need to repay for the game wouldn't I?
No. You could just log in with your old account, download the games and then use them on your new account. You can download games on upto 3 PS3s (used to be 5 but they changed it I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Ah that's not too bad, but I am sure you'd fill the HDD pretty quick downloading some of these games, the mandatory installs on some of them are bad enough.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Ah that's not too bad, but I am sure you'd fill the HDD pretty quick downloading some of these games, the mandatory installs on some of them are bad enough.

500GB is plenty of space. I have TV shows and films on mine and about 50 games downloaded across PS3/PS2/PS1 and I've still got about 150GB left. Not to mention patches that are on there, saves, game data aswell as what the system reserves aswell.

You can always upgrade if need be, or delete games you don't play anymore and redownload them at a later date.

EvilChuck

I was planning on getting the PS4 anyway, truth be told I am a bit of a PlayStation fanboy - I just find they mix all the various types of games perfectly, and always release unique, interesting games, along with Nintendo. But the last few days of press conferences from Sony and Microsoft have made the decision even more laughably easy. The DRM stuff doesnt even bother me, I dont really play second hand games, and not many of my friends have the same consoles/taste in games as me so the lending thing wasnt really important either. But just some of the games that Sony showed really piqued my interest, like Knack, inFamous, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Transistor, not to mention the support they showcased for indie developers who will no doubt give more unique, interesting games. Then you have the price comparison, its a no brainer really

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just seen a remour that PS4 might not hit the UK till 2014 due to stock? :s

wow, didn't know you could get that much on a HDD... then again, out of the 50 downloaded games, how many are full ps3 titles and not PSN/etc ?

Wonder if PS4 lets you use an external harddrive for movies/music/etc.