Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
That is weird. Most of the time you like to play games while another one is downloading in the background.
Either it's an oversight or to do with the PS5's SSD being better.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Both are quicker than last gen, haven't noticed a difference in download speed when idle but if you're playing a game PS5 is miles ahead. The Xbox is so frustrating, even if you're playing an offline game your download speed is throttled it's so annoying.
True, I've not seen a setting around that. BTW is there a way to throttle the downloads on the X in general? I've not had a problem with download speeds, but I've noticed it is a bandwidth hog.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
That is weird. Most of the time you like to play games while another one is downloading in the background.
Exactly mate it does my head in! One of the worst things about the Xbox. I've got a quick connection so Im loose with my hard drive and constantly downloading things to try for 30 before downloading something else.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
to be fair Microsoft probably weren't expecting people to actually play any games whilst downloading seeing as there are no good ones.

Bosws87

Interesting to see Control Ultimate edition is nearly 50% smaller on PS5 thanks to the compression used compared to the series X version.

Same game, same assets nice little perk.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Interesting to see Control Ultimate edition is nearly 50% smaller on PS5 thanks to the compression used compared to the series X version.

That is good.

Needed mind, considering the pretty shit memory setup of PS5 at launch (not just less memory but needing 100gb spare just to play PS4 games - what a joke). In the long run I'd take the compression though if that sort of difference becomes a standard thing (I'm guessing not to the extent of 50% but maybe 30%)

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys

Shame they couldn't compress the size of the console itself

am i doing this right?

Bojan11

https://kotaku.com/ps5-controllers-...-has-1846233739/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Since the PS5 was released last November, players have taken to social media to share stories about DualSense drift. One user reported the issue 10 days after receiving their PS5, stating they tried every possible fix—power-cycling the console, turning Bluetooth on and off, resetting the controller, and, finally, charging it fully overnight—to no avail.
Once I eventually made it through to a person, I was told that DualSense drift is covered under warranty. You will, however, have to pay for shipping your controller to a Sony repair center—a cost that varies based on a number of factors, including location and the total weight of your package—but Sony apparently covers the return shipping. No recoup on whatever you pay for that first shipping label.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not gonna lie, I've got stick drift and I'm gonna have to send my controller back a second time... Like wtf?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
We’re back at the point of the ps5 not having much going for it. People even admitting the exclusives aren’t that good in the ps thread.

I hope there’s some good news soon as I’ve grown quite fond of you guys.

Ainu

I just wish I could actually buy the fecking thing so I could say something about it. At this rate I'll be going to concerts again before I get a PS5.

Bojan11

We’re back at the point of the ps5 not having much going for it. People even admitting the exclusives aren’t that good in the ps thread.

I hope there’s some good news soon as I’ve grown quite fond of you guys.
They might have expandable SSD in the next year.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Makes sense we have reports of stick drift on the DS5 and not the Xbox controller. Can't get stick drift if there ain't any games to play.

Bojan11

I'm bored of the fanboy shite now :lol: was funny for about a week.

Now it's just a yawnfest.

Just give us actual news and gameplay footage and stuff.

All you going through 20 articles to find one bad article about something to do with the console you're not in love with.
Great post.