Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hobbers

Anybody played The Medium yet?
Yeah, the story is fairly interesting, at least so far.

But not a horror game to get if you care about gameplay or jump scares though, because it has neither. Also barely any puzzles which is a big disappointment.

Balljy

I've played the first couple of hours and it's full of interesting ideas and has a good atmosphere. I'm not sure what it will grow into though as it's creepy rather than full-on horror at the moment. It feels very well thought out though.

b82REZ

From what I know they are pretty similar, here are the differences I'm aware of:

Xbox pros:
Slightly quieter fan
Supports Dolby Vision
Supports Dolby Atmos for streaming (PS5 only supports it for gaming & blu-ray movies)
Has an internet browser (don't think the PS5 does?)

PS5 pros:
There is currently a bug on the Series X which means blacks don't appear as black as they should on Blu-ray and therefore they don't look as good as they should especially on OLEDs
Quieter disc drive
The UI is 4k
So did the Dreamcast...

Ainu

Playing it on PC. So far it has felt almost like a point and click game with old school Resident Evil tank movement, fixed cameras and everything. Very archaic. Nice atmosphere and intriguing setting though.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
This nostalgia for days gone by is underpinning much about the collective conscious of the PS5 boys.
Yep.

But then this brainless circle of not learning from the mistake of believing all the trash M$ press releases every single time and thinking "this gen is our gen 'la!" only to realise half way through that nothing actually has changed once again underpins the collective conscious of the Xboner boys.

You morons are firmly in this together. You need each other.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Yep.

But then this brainless circle of not learning from the mistake of believing all the trash M$ press releases every single time and thinking "this gen is our gen 'la!" only to realise half way through that nothing actually has changed once again underpins the collective conscious of the Xboner boys.

:lol:

evil_geko

Playing it on PC. So far it has felt almost like a point and click game with old school Resident Evil tank movement, fixed cameras and everything. Very archaic. Nice atmosphere and intriguing setting though.
There is no tank movement though, actually, tank movement would be a better choice for the game because of changing camera angles where you always have to adapt to direction changes.

I am loving the game though, am old school Resident Evil/Silent Hill fan so The Medium was right up my alley.

Ainu

There is no tank movement though, actually, tank movement would be a better choice for the game because of changing camera angles where you always have to adapt to direction changes.

I am loving the game though, am old school Resident Evil/Silent Hill fan so The Medium was right up my alley.
Yeah you're right it's just the fixed cameras without the thank movement. It's been so long I played a game with actual tank controls I almost forgot how they worked. All the way back to the original Resident Evil 3, I think.

DavelinaJolie

One of the benefits of having a browser is that you can watch streaming websites on the TV.. it may come in handy if you want to watch certain things that may or may not be sports related.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Yep.

this is our year!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yep.

Great post

Bosws87

Yep.

Worrying thing is it sounds like us United fans every year under Ed Woodward :lol:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can already do that on android, I think for ios they are working on a browser solution due to Apple being annoying.

I tried it though and it was pretty unreliable.
Can you do it on PC then?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
So back to the original question. How long @Alock1?
It's in beta right now I think. Should be released to all in the summer.

Cloud streaming to android with no console has been doable since September (much earlier if you include beta)

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's in beta right now I think. Should be released to all in the summer.

Cloud streaming to android with no console has been doable since September (much earlier if you include beta)
Ok cool.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
From what I know they are pretty similar, here are the differences I'm aware of:

Xbox pros:
Slightly quieter fan
Supports Dolby Vision
Supports Dolby Atmos for streaming (PS5 only supports it for gaming & blu-ray movies)
Has an internet browser (don't think the PS5 does?)

PS5 pros:
There is currently a bug on the Series X which means blacks don't appear as black as they should on Blu-ray and therefore they don't look as good as they should especially on OLEDs
Quieter disc drive
The UI is 4k
Faster download speeds on PS5 as well. And my fan doesn't make any noise at all.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Both are quicker than last gen, haven't noticed a difference in download speed when idle but if you're playing a game PS5 is miles ahead. The Xbox is so frustrating, even if you're playing an offline game your download speed is throttled it's so annoying.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I get over 200mbits on my xbox nornally. The lame thing is if you've got a game open it throttles to 20 which the PS5 doesn't do AFAIK.
Both are quicker than last gen, haven't noticed a difference in download speed when idle but if you're playing a game PS5 is miles ahead. The Xbox is so frustrating, even if you're playing an offline game your download speed is throttled it's so annoying.
That is weird. Most of the time you like to play games while another one is downloading in the background.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Was going to say - my Xbox download hits my 150 cap with ease.