Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fully Fledged

The most popular game console on Black Friday 2021 isn't the PlayStation 5 — it's the $300 Xbox Series S
An unlikely video game console is dominating sales on one of the biggest shopping days of the year: The $300 Xbox Series S console from Microsoft, according to the Adobe Digital Economy Index.

Ainu

People have been saying that PS5 is outselling Xbox Series X and laughing even though the Series X is sold out everywhere.
I don't actually get that. Surely they should be able to produce more Series X consoles if it's so far behind the PS5 but still sells out. Are they reserving parts for Series S lines? Do they just have a much lower manufacturing capacity?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I don't actually get that. Surely they should be able to produce more Series X consoles if it's so far behind the PS5 but still sells out. Are they reserving parts for Series S lines? Do they just have a much lower manufacturing capacity?
I wouldn't be surprised if they're just not producing as many X with cloud gaming on the horizon. That could be a gamechanger if Microsoft sees its future in Gamepass subs rather than console sales.

I suspect Series S production is high because it's an easier entry-point into the whole gamepass/cloud gaming shebang.

Absolute assumptions though so I'm probably wrong.

Fully Fledged

They've been using the Series X components for The Cloud.

Ainu

They've been using the Series X components for The Cloud.
Oh right, I forgot about that. That's definitely part of it then. Seems like a slightly curious strategy if they're leaving actual Series X sales on the table because of it, and the fact that it's sold out everywhere suggests they are. Maybe it will all make sense in a number of years.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
It's the only console of this gen with any sort of availability, so yeah no wonder.
You do know you can’t buy a PS5 anywhere
Obviously this is correct, but it's equally true with all the 'PS5 outsold XSX by X' stats that are posted here every month, when clearly both consoles are selling out completely and have huge demand.

Alock1

There's a huge chip and component shortage problem. Sony got in first as they finalized their hardware before XSX (with apparently some potential gains on Xbox's side down the line whilst they waiting on AMD, who knows) and have way more clout in the locations and with the manufacturers and suppliers of these components due to not only selling more console, but selling a ton of other hardware too (TVs, phones, cameras etc.)

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
PSVR2 will probably be shown this month... Could be special.

Alock1

Who updated the Returnal, Deathloop and Ratchet thread titles?

With Forza Horizon 5 and Psychonauts 2 they had the excuse of there not being a thread to update, though really they should have created a thread just to add the MC scores to the title. For Halo though, those others had all been updated by now. Seems strange it hasn't been.

b82REZ

Who updated the Returnal, Deathloop and Ratchet thread titles?

With Forza Horizon 5 and Psychonauts 2 they had the excuse of there not being a thread to update, though really they should have created a thread just to add the MC scores to the title. For Halo though, those others had all been updated by now. Seems strange it hasn't been.
Because you're the only person that cares.

Bosws87

Your penance needs to be more severe. You should be forced to play Halo multiplayer while @Alock1 reads you metacritic reviews.
More chance of that then him playing the game he supposedly loves Apex Legends, all talk no action this elvis lad.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
More chance of that then him playing the game he supposedly loves Apex Legends, all talk no action this elvis lad.
:lol: In fairness I’m off Apex at the moment, only played 3 games since the new season came out! After I’ve finished Guardians though I’ll come back to it and we shall play :)