Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ainu

People that play Football Manager on a home console actually exist? Could be fun on a handheld device though.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Was trying to decide what console to buy this Xmas to go with my PS5.... Was leaning towards an Xbox but I'm guessing you all would say a Switch?
Not much point owning both PS5 and Xbox, games are quite similar. I have both and my PS5 has been at my neighbors house for the last 2 months and I have barely noticed, probably going to sell it before Christmas as it will fetch a good price and I can't really myself using it much.

Switch is a good little console though I must say my usage of it is also quite limited too.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I would imagine sales of X Box will increase massively once the Bathesda big hitters are released. I'll certainly be buying one the minute Starfield is released. Then Hellblade 2 (not bathesda but MS exclusive) and then the daddy of them all ... Elder Scrolls 6. Much as I love my PS5, it aint gonna get much action once those are released.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I would imagine sales of X Box will increase massively once the Bathesda big hitters are released. I'll certainly be buying one the minute Starfield is released. Then Hellblade 2 (not bathesda but MS exclusive) and then the daddy of them all ... Elder Scrolls 6. Much as I love my PS5, it aint gonna get much action once those are released.
Always knew you were one of the good guys Vol

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Elder Scrolls 6 won’t be out on this gen of consoles.

Coxy

Looking at buying a PS5 - can anyone recommend any good sites to get the latest info on where to try and find one?

I'm after just the console ideally - all the sites seem to offer just bundles at the moment.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Or rather, the next generation of consoles will be released when it comes out.
Actually, on this point, do you think maybe this current gen will have a longer lifecycle due to it's stuttering start? I mean we're almost 2 years in and we still don't really see too many pure current gen games released due to the shortages. It feels like we've lost a year at least from this gen.

Fully Fledged

Horizon and God of War. Dont think theres been anything else of note.
Are either PS5 exclusive I thought they were both PS4 games. For a company that told it's players that they were not holding PS4's hand that they would need to upgrade to play their games I can't remember a PS5 exclusive in 2022.

caid

Are either PS5 exclusive I thought they were both PS4 games. For a company that told it's players that they were not holding PS4's hand that they would need to upgrade to play their games I can't remember a PS5 exclusive in 2022.
Dont remember them saying that to be honest and dont think it matters. Its a pretty crap console overall, no need to make things up to knock it.

He means the sequels. They're both PS5 exclusive
Nah they've both gotten ps4 releases

caid

That's unfair. They should simply be on one platform so I can feel unnecessarily superior for being able to play them while others can't
Yeah its mostly dead and gaming is much better for it. Pity about Nintendo

Fully Fledged

Oh is that the case? Didn't realise. To be honest I think the upgrade would be worth it as the quicker load times on these new consoles are an absolute joy
Oh I agree but the talk at the beginning of the generation was that Xbox having cross gen games for at least two years would hold back gaming. Now 2 years later PlayStation is still releasing their games on PS4. Nobody is saying anything.

Ainu

Oh I agree but the talk at the beginning of the generation was that Xbox having cross gen games for at least two years would hold back gaming. Now 2 years later PlayStation is still releasing their games on PS4. Nobody is saying anything.
Plenty of people have expressed their concern that the PS4 would hold back games like God of War Ragnarok.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Plenty of people have expressed their concern that the PS4 would hold back games like God of War Ragnarok.
Yeah loads on here (me included) were pissed that this and Horizon were cross gen.

and why would anyone not be? You spend €500 for a new console and its “exclusives” are still being released on ten year old hardware. Sadly it was always going to happen with these games, Sony won’t ignore one of the most successful consoles of all time while they struggle to get enough stock for the ps5.

not sure what excuse MS have, though, seeing as nobody owns an Xbone

Coxy

Had a Series X since launch - found the whole next gen thing very underwhelming.

was my 40th yesterday and I now have a PS5 too - the controller is my first next gen experience - wow I love it! Astro Bots is a great game in its own right. Also prefer the UI (less ads!). Really happy

b82REZ

Such a weird flex when MS have released, what exactly? Maybe you'll eventually get coop Halo before the end of this console life cycle.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Isn't this versus over? XBox still haven't turned up yet...

Fully Fledged

Such a weird flex when MS have released, what exactly? Maybe you'll eventually get coop Halo before the end of this console life cycle.
PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan is uninterested in making PS5 games run on PS4 hardware, stating that developers working on next-generation games should “make the most” of the new console’s advanced features.

Talking to GamesIndustry, Ryan said “We believe that when you go to all the trouble of creating a next-gen console, that it should include features and benefits that the previous generation does not include. And that, in our view, people should make games that can make the most of those features.”

“We do believe in generations, and whether it's the DualSense controller, whether it's the 3D audio, whether it's the multiple ways that the SSD can be used,” he said. “We are thinking that it is time to give the PlayStation community something new, something different, that can really only be enjoyed on PS5."
2 years later....

Xbox never said they were going to drop Xbox One.

I just thought it would good to look back and see how well that turned out.

b82REZ

2 years later....

Xbox never said they were going to drop Xbox One.

I just thought it would good to look back and see how well that turned out.
That quote doesn't prove what you think it proves. He's talking about next gen advancements with he controller and SSD, which all the cross generation games do take advantage of.

So, I'll ask again, what games have MS released this year?

Last edited:

Fully Fledged

That quote doesn't prove what you think it proves. He's talking about next gen advancements with he controller and SSD, which all the cross generation games do take advance of.

So, I'll ask again, what games have MS released this year?
PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan is uninterested in making PS5 games run on PS4 hardware,
That says exactly what I think it says. Add to that the games like Returnal and Demon Souls being console exclusives then saying that the AAA titles that were coming were going to be console exclusives until just before they were released and then doing a complete 180 and releasing them on PS4. Lying Jim Ryan is a snake oil salesman.

b82REZ

That says exactly what I think it says. Add to that the games like Returnal and Demon Souls being console exclusives then saying that the AAA titles that were coming were going to be console exclusives until just before they were released and then doing a complete 180 and releasing them on PS4. Lying Jim Ryan is a snake oil salesman.
They announced very early Horizon and GoW were cross generation, it's because they were such a huge success on PS4 they were always planned and developed for the two consoles.

Don't make me ask the question a third time...

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
They announced very early Horizon and GoW were cross generation, it's because they were such a huge success on PS4 they were always planned and developed for the two consoles.

Don't make me ask the question a third time...
I mean it was a complete whataboutism so I'm not surprised he's ignoring it

it's a fair point though as MS has released jack shit since Psychonauts 2

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Xboxs first party output has been awful this year. Finally started showing positive signs last year with a strong 12 months and then they lost all momentum.

Gamepass hasn't been as strong either.

Next year looks great but I'm expecting a few of those to slip into 2024.

Fully Fledged

I mean it was a complete whataboutism so I'm not surprised he's ignoring it

it's a fair point though as MS has released jack shit since Psychonauts 2
They've had Grounded finally come out which is a great coop experience especially if you are playing with your children/grandchildren.