Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ps5 should run 4K at 30 no problem. 40k 60 could be achieved with some graphical settings turned to low I guess.. :lol:

Bojan11

@Bojan11 is just clutching because Xbox has nothing to offer other than round fonts and gamepass for games which have already been released.
Xbox is more powerful though. Pretty much everyone knows that besides you.The question is how much more is it powerful.

It’s ok for you all the four games you play should run fine on any console.

Bojan11

Need all that extra power to play old games on gamepass.
Not like you’d be playing any new games with your game choices. Still waiting on that top 10 list. That’s if you have played 10 games. You have right?

Bojan11

Digital foundry think both will cost $600.

Wouldn’t surprise me as both have been waiting a long time to release prices. If they were confident in their pricing they would have released them.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ok let me get in on this.... Who gives a feck about true 4k? Was anyone complaining about fake 4k with any of this gens PS4 exclusives? This machine is more powerful too so you'd think it'll be less of an issue....

TW: If the chase for 4k leads to games looking like Halo (that end up getting delayed a year because of how bad they look) then I can do without it....

Bojan11

Ok let me get in on this.... Who gives a feck about true 4k? Was anyone complaining about fake 4k with any of this gens PS4 exclusives? This machine is more powerful too so you'd think it'll be less of an issue....

TW: If the chase for 4k leads to games looking like Halo (that end up getting delayed a year because of how bad they look) then I can do without it....
Considering both have been marketing 4k, I’d say a lot of people do.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Considering both have been marketing 4k, I’d say a lot of people do.
But do they? Really? You gonna speak for everyone? FIFA Dude? COD Bro? Joe 6 Pack? Etc...

If the shit looks good nobody will care... Conversely if it's 4k but ends up looking like Halo.... People will care.

evil_geko

I am more of a PC guy so I don't care about "console wars", but between PS and XBOX, PS fanboys are much worse by a margin. Always belittling Xbox and it's players instead of just loving what you love and sticking to it. I remember when Playstation fanbase was so much more positive, those days are behind I guess. Now it's all about belittling each other.

Bojan11

But do they? Really? You gonna speak for everyone? FIFA Dude? COD Bro? Joe 6 Pack? Etc...

If the shit looks good nobody will care... Conversely if it's 4k but ends up looking like Halo.... People will care.
Well people cared when everyone was mocking the Xbox one resolution at the start in 2013. Hence why so many people from 360 switched to PS4.

And most the games coming out in the first few years will be cross gen games, so these consoles should be able to handle them at native 4k.

I am more of a PC guy so I don't care about "console wars", but between PS and XBOX, PS fanboys are much worse by a margin. Always belittling Xbox and it's players instead of just loving what you love and sticking to it. I remember when Playstation fanbase was so much more positive, those days are behind I guess.
I agree with Geco amazing.

Now 4k native doesn’t matter. Despite all the Sony fanboys mocking Xbox at the start of this gen with how bad the resolution was on the original Xbox one.

Next ray tracing won’t matter and then frame rate. We’d just be wanting less for more expensive consoles. I would understand three years down the line if some of these games can’t do native 4k because most the games by then will start to push the consoles and by then most likely pro models will be out.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I am more of a PC guy so I don't care about "console wars", but between PS and XBOX, PS fanboys are much worse by a margin. Always belittling Xbox and it's players instead of just loving what you love and sticking to it. I remember when Playstation fanbase was so much more positive, those days are behind I guess. Now it's all about belittling each other.
Probably because there are so many more PS owners than Xbox owners so it seems as if they're worse.

Ainu

PS5, Series X, neither are going to run their best looking titles at native 4K. I expect both to make heavy use of image reconstruction, especially when they're running any sort of ray tracing. Hell, I even switch on DLSS 2.0 at 1440p on a 2080 Ti in games that support it. With the quality of image reconstruction these days, I don't get why anyone would care about native resolution (other than inane discussions like this apparently).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Everyone here would care all of a sudden if it was Xbox, 100% :lol:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
:lol: I actually don’t.

To be fair I couldn’t care less about graphics. I want AI improvement more than anything this gen and just quality games.
Ai improvement would be huge, I always get bored of single player games due to stupid Ai mechanics

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Ai improvement would be huge, I always get bored of single player games due to stupid Ai mechanics
Yeah Sekiro, God of War and Horizon are 3 of my favourite games this gen but all were let down with stupid and dumb AI at times. Particularly Sekiro.

Bojan11

Everyone here would care all of a sudden if it was Xbox, 100% :lol:
Definitely.

People forgetting all the 900p memes for Xbox one. Strange. If the roles were reversed, I’m sure the sony fanboys would be bragging about it. Now it’s we don’t care about native 4k. It’s not important.

:lol: I actually don’t.

To be fair I couldn’t care less about graphics. I want AI improvement more than anything this gen and just quality games.
AI improvements? You only play multiplayer games.

I want better mission designs not sure if that’s power related rather than boring fetch quests or whatever the boring side quests in Ghost of Tshunima are called. And more RPGs similar to Mass Effect 1 and 2

I don’t play COD, FIFA or AC.
We all know you subscribed to gamepass to play Halo, Forza and Gears. It’s the real reason why you couldn’t list me 10 PS4 games because you don’t own one.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Definitely.

People forgetting all the 900p memes for Xbox one. Strange. If the roles were reversed, I’m sure the sony fanboys would be bragging about it. Now it’s we don’t care about native 4k. It’s not important.

AI improvements? You only play multiplayer games.

I want better mission designs not sure if that’s power related rather than boring fetch quests or whatever the boring side quests in Ghost of Tshunima are called. And more RPGs similar to Mass Effect 1 and 2

We all know you subscribed to gamepass to play Halo, Forza and Gears. It’s the real reason why you couldn’t list me 10 PS4 games because you don’t own one.
Yeah my big criticism with open world games are crap fetch quests. FFXV is probably the worst I’ve seen, which is annoying because it could have been a very good game.

I bought an Xbox and sold it again within 6 months. I’d rather play cross platform games on PS4 and none of the exclusives interested me. I was really looking forward to playing Gears but I didn’t realise how badly it had aged.

Paxi

PS5, Series X, neither are going to run their best looking titles at native 4K. I expect both to make heavy use of image reconstruction, especially when they're running any sort of ray tracing. Hell, I even switch on DLSS 2.0 at 1440p on a 2080 Ti in games that support it. With the quality of image reconstruction these days, I don't get why anyone would care about native resolution (other than inane discussions like this apparently).
I think Xbox supports vrs but not sure about PS5. Agree, that devs will more than likely will be using image reconstruction methods — they’d be stupid not to. Although I’m not sure how vrs compares to dlss seeing as dlss can be implemented with amazing results.

Bojan11

Yeah my big criticism with open world games are crap fetch quests. FFXV is probably the worst I’ve seen, which is annoying because it could have been a very good game.

I bought an Xbox and sold it again within 6 months. I’d rather play cross platform games on PS4 and none of the exclusives interested me. I was really looking forward to playing Gears but I didn’t realise how badly it had aged.
Gears they just went with more of the same rather than changing it. Back in 2006 it was amazing seeing a cover shooter because there weren’t many around and also chainsaw chopping enemies to bits was cool to see. Then they added horde mode in the second game, but since then they haven’t really changed anything. That and Halo needed a God of War sort of reboot.

Going to be interesting to see how Cyberpunk does side quests as they were one of the few developers who got them right this generation. It’s why I stopped playing games like AC because it just gets boring very fast and that goes for watchdogs 2.

Bojan11

I wouldn't. Think about it, XBoneX can do 4K but a PS5 will struggle to give us satisfactory 4K?

Xbox is more powerful and PS5 is more complex to develop for than Xbox. So it’s not surprising if multi platforms look better on Xbox especially at the start of this gen.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Gears they just went with more of the same rather than changing it. Back in 2006 it was amazing seeing a cover shooter because there weren’t many around and also chainsaw chopping enemies to bits was cool to see. Then they added horde mode in the second game, but since then they haven’t really changed anything. That and Halo needed a God of War sort of reboot.

Going to be interesting to see how Cyberpunk does side quests as they were one of the few developers who got them right this generation. It’s why I stopped playing games like AC because it just gets boring very fast and that goes for watchdogs 2.
Yeah me and my brother Co-op’d the first one on Xmas day then the Xbox RROD’d the next day. Fun times. But yeah it just felt really outdated and aged. I tried getting into gears 4 but it was horrible to play.

Ainu

Without saying anything about the memes or whatever discussions then (I was never even involved or interested in any of that talk), there is a significant difference between those situations. Sub-1080p resolution on large 1080p sets as was becoming the norm back then was less than desirable. On current sets, I'm not even sure how many people benefit from native 4K. You'd need to sit pretty close or have a 75" tv or something. I consider 1440p the sweet spot for PC gaming and that's while sitting pretty much with your face pressed close on a 27" monitor. Any higher is bonus and barely even worth it in my opinion. Anyway, like I said I suspect both to implement image reconstruction and be better for it. It allows devs to spend much more of the GPU budget in more important areas while keeping the framerate sufficiently high.

Bojan11

Xbox owners have to hold on to the power aspect because it’s all they have. That and rounded fonts.
I like rounded fonts and I certainly like more power.

I can’t wait till Sony tell you to get another job again, when they announce the price.

Paxi

Xbox is more powerful and PS5 is more complex to develop for than Xbox. So it’s not surprising if multi platforms look better on Xbox especially at the start of this gen.
haven't multiplat games always looked better on the more powerful console. Remember that being the case for Xbox, PS3, PS4. Xbox series x will follow suit. Though we’re getting to the point where it will be difficult to tell in all honesty if it weren’t already on previous gen consoles.

Anyway, Im getting a 3080ti and 10700K so I couldn’t give two shites.