Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
pretty sure it wasn't the one that had a 16% failure rate.
Felt like 50/50 failure rate at the time. In fact out of 4 XB360s only one has survived... Feck knows where it is now though.

Bojan11

There will be multiplatform titles where Series X will be able to hold a steady 60 fps at 4k and the PS5 won't, that's a given considering the power difference. But equally, there will be loads of titles where both will struggle to get 60fps at native 4k and once we get past the cross-gen period, I suspect it will be nearly all games, since even a 2080 Ti struggles with 4k60 on the higher settings in the best looking titles. That's not me being dismissive about native 4k, that's me being realistic about the situation and saying that going for a reconstructed 4k (which can be very impressive and virtually indistinguishable from native in some cases) is the best compromise. And you will still get the full benefit of seeing such games in action on your 75" 4k tv, even though it's not native.
I agree with you that once, we get past the cross gen games, we’d see more and more 4k 30fps. Even the cyberpunk next gen upgrade, I can see that being 30fps despite being a cross gen game. What are you buying that on @MaxiPaxi? You should play it on the original Xbox one or PS4 rather than the 3080. I said it the other day that 4k 60fps on both consoles will be tough especially if the games are true next gen games. I was just discussing why PS5 only has the problem and not Xbox.

We will probably get pro consoles mid gen again. Easy cash grab and I am thankful we got the pro or x as the normal consoles run like shit.

Also with how PS4 is selling and Sony having a state of play about it plus the cost of developing, potential high cost of both consoles, Covid and MS releasing some lower model, I suspect cross gen will be happening for a while considering if you go next gen only as a developer you are missing out on potentially 100m people. As I don’t see many people rushing out to upgrade like they did with the PS4.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I agree with you that once, we get past the cross gen games, we’d see more and more 4k 30fps. Even the cyberpunk next gen upgrade, I can see that being 30fps despite being a cross gen game. What are you buying that on @MaxiPaxi? You should play it on the original Xbox one or PS4 rather than the 3080. I said it the other day that 4k 60fps on both consoles will be tough especially if the games are true next gen games. I was just discussing why PS5 only has the problem and not Xbox.

We will probably get pro consoles mid gen again. Easy cash grab and I am thankful we got the pro or x as the normal consoles run like shit.

Also with how PS4 is selling and Sony having a state of play about it plus the cost of developing, potential high cost of both consoles, Covid and MS releasing some lower model, I suspect cross gen will be happening for a while considering if you go next gen only as a developer you are missing out on potentially 100m people. As I don’t see many people rushing out to upgrade like they did with the PS4.
I’ll be buying it on PC. Just waiting until the new RTX cards drop. I’ve money set aside for a new rig and I’m not waiting for Zen 3. Just getting 10700K with its 8 cores it should be absolutely fine for next few years gaming wise. I’ll be getting a video card which will be directly replacing 2080ti. I’m not sure what Nvidia are calling it but it should run 4K @ 60fps no problem. Will get the refresh version next year too. I’ll only be getting PS5 for the exclusives.

Bojan11

I’ll be buying it on PC. Just waiting until the new RTX cards drop. I’ve money set aside for a new rig and I’m not waiting for Zen 3. Just getting 10700K with its 8 cores it should be absolutely fine for next few years gaming wise. I’ll be getting a video card which will be directly replacing 2080ti. I’m not sure what Nvidia are calling it but it should run 4K @ 60fps no problem. Will get the refresh version next year too. I’ll only be getting PS5 for the exclusives.
What monitor you getting or got? Not that it makes any difference as you have one of the best TVs for gaming currently.

Paxi

What monitor you getting or got? Not that it makes any difference as you have one of the best TVs for gaming currently.
Yeah I’m just going to game on C9 and use a bog standard monitor when I need tweak some settings etc.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Im not sure what’s going on. I’ve got lots of little square tabs at the front. Certainly not like in that screenshot which looked a lot more palatable.
The new one has reached Delta section of Insiders, which I think is the last one before it gets released

Paxi

The new one has reached Delta section of Insiders, which I think is the last one before it gets released
Fair enough - it does look good. Will be even better when running off an ssd on next gen.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
What’s that?

Edit; just seen that. feck it would certainly be immersive. Not sure it’s for me though.
It's just got a bit of everything :lol:
240hz for shooters (Means I can get rid of the PG258q)
It's get 1440p for games I want a bit more resolution (Can also get rid of the PG278QR)
Looks sexy as hell on the setup

And if I wanna couch game, just hook up to the C9 anyway

Bojan11

The ps fanboys have really struggled tonight. You love to see it.
Especially when they have to drag out @Mr Pigeon. Talk about scraping the barrel @esmufc07

I'm really tempted to get the Odyssey G9
Just seen it. Looks impressive, but probably too big for me when it comes to multiplayer.

I’m looking for a smaller monitor that has HDMI 2.1. At the moment Asus have announced one. There’s another one that digital foundry recommended, but I’m hearing bad feedback about the company. It’s called eve spectrum.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Especially when they have to drag out @Mr Pigeon. Talk about scraping the barrel @esmufc07

Just seen it. Looks impressive, but probably too big for me when it comes to multiplayer.

I’m looking for a smaller monitor that has HDMI 2.1. At the moment Asus have announced one. There’s another one that digital foundry recommended, but I’m hearing bad feedback about the company. It’s called eve spectrum.
You're acting as if I didn't totally pwn you earlier with my witty retorts.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian

I've gotta do some more research myself to be honest. I've not actually owned an ultrawide but I'd assume for Apex etc, I could just play at 1080p in a basic 25" or whatever it would measure and just have black bars at either side, or depending what game I'm playing, stuff at the side

Bojan11

You're acting as if I didn't totally pwn you earlier with my witty retorts.
You pwn me?

Listen “mate” you got pwned in the last of us 2 thread and then ran off like a little girl. Need to check with geco if you ran like a straight or lesbian girl. He’s a expert in that field. We haven’t seen you in there since you got pwned.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
You pwn me?

Listen “mate” you got pwned in the last of us 2 thread and then ran off like a little girl. Need to check with geco if you ran like a straight or lesbian girl. He’s a expert in that field. We haven’t seen you in there since you got pwned.
:lol:

afrocentricity

What happened to them from 2013 onwards has made them bitter..... I checked on the resetera thread related to this. Wow.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
This thread is like a dick measuring contest only instead of dicks, it's TV's and resolutions and mhz, and everyone in it clearly has a tiny dick.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
it’s the Xbox fanboys who are clearly butthurt because more people aren’t making memes about PS5 having a rumour about struggling to manage games at 4K.
Ah it's ok, they're clearly just on the rebound after their only shot at a big flagship launch game deserted them for the time being, how convenient that some bad PS5 3rd party damage control news hits twitter a few days later and gets them all in a tizzy. It's like clockwork really, though some memes would have been nice, we'll just have to be stuck with Craig the Halo brute for the foreseeable. :)

Last edited:

Blind

This thread is like a dick measuring contest only instead of dicks, it's TV's and resolutions and mhz, and everyone in it clearly has a tiny dick.
:lol: This Bojan fella has a 75 incher didn't you know, he only mentions it in every post.

afrocentricity

XSX thread 8 pages
PS5 thread 53 pages

"But that new Faux K rumour though..."

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ah it's ok, they're clearly just on the rebound after their only shot at a big flagship launch game deserted them for the time being, how convenient that some bad PS5 3rd party damage control news hits twitter a few days later and gets them all in a tizzy. It's like clockwork really, though some memes would have been nice, we'll just have to be stuck with Craig the Halo brute for the foreseeable. :)
This is embarassing

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
This is embarassing
The console war threads have been embarrassing on all fronts since Weaste and Ciderman left, back then it was like Basil Fawlty having an argument with Hitler.

Nowadays it reads like Niles and Frasier Crane mocking each other.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
The console war threads have been embarrassing on all fronts since Weaste and Ciderman left, back then it was like Basil Fawlty having an argument with Hitler.

It reads more like the Ronaldo vs Messi thread.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Excellent point. I actually don't get it at all. It's just funny that some Playstation boys seem to have gone the way of pC mAsTeR RaCe kinds with some kind of weird misplaced ego that makes zero sense :lol: (not aimed at you)

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Excellent point. I actually don't get it at all. It's just funny that some Playstation boys seem to have gone the way of pC mAsTeR RaCe kinds with some kind of weird misplaced ego that makes zero sense :lol: (not aimed at you)
Don’t worry, maybe the Xbox thread will reach 10 pages by the time it’s released with no launch games but access to over 1,000 already released games from 10 years ago.

Bojan11

I have been advocating for Weaste and Ciderman to being unbanned. It’s boring compared to last few times because one side was fecking it up real bad last few times. Xbox with all the 900p, used games and forced Kinect. PS3 with the get a second job, price and it looking like a George Foreman grill.

There’s no real news about them, which is credit to both that they managed to keep leaks under wrap. I miss CBOAT from neogaf. Last time around even before the Xbox one was announced there were a lot of rumours around it’s underpowered and developers were complaining. Then we had that Adam Orth guy who turned in a meme. We were getting news constantly every week. Currently it’s just drips and they haven’t even announced the price, which probably is going to cause a few shockwaves. If the prices were decent, I would have thought they would have told us by now.

@esmufc07 banned Cider and Weaste when he was mod. Don’t know why he banned Weaste, when they were on the same team.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I do enjoy the fun of a bit of good spirited banter, like between mates who support different football teams. Of course it's weird it's over gaming consoles and companies that earn billions but it's the folk who take it seriously that are a bit scary :D I would love to be able to own all 3 of PlayStation, Xbox and PC but I don't have the time, money or room in my flat for all of them so I stick with the PlayStation.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I have been advocating for Weaste and Ciderman to being unbanned. It’s boring compared to last few times because one side was fecking it up real bad last few times. Xbox with all the 900p, used games and forced Kinect. PS3 with the get a second job, price and it looking like a George Foreman grill.

There’s no real news about them, which is credit to both that they managed to keep leaks under wrap. I miss CBOAT from neogaf. Last time around even before the Xbox one was announced there were a lot of rumours around it’s underpowered and developers were complaining. Then we had that Adam Orth guy who turned in a meme. We were getting news constantly every week. Currently it’s just drips
All very true, it seems that back then we were living in the golden age of console wars and didn't even realise it & took it for granted.

Neogaf was brilliant back then and now we have fecking resetera, which brings its own laughs but at a cost of having to browse through it.