g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If it’s £600 I’ll be very tempted to just build a pc at that point, even though I’d spend way more
If you’re producing music, you’re better off anyway mate. You can build top of the range multimedia pc for about £2000. I know that’s a lot but it’ll be much better experience than a console.

Go for 3700x instead or wait for zen 3 which will save you £140.00

Get a cheaper motherboard like a B550 and save another £100+.

Save £100 on memory by getting 32 gb ram which would be fine for plug ins and abelton live.

You swap out a gpu (RTX2060) and add the money you saved on mobo, RAM, CPU to get a new Ampere card for around £650 and you got yourself a very capable machine that good for creators and for gamers.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If you’re producing music, you’re better off anyway mate. You can build top of the range multimedia pc for about £2000. I know that’s a lot but it’ll be much better experience than a console.
My Mac is a beast for music now anyway to be honest, but yeah could use it for that too, deffo

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Go for 3700x instead or wait for zen 3 which will save you £140.00

Get a cheaper motherboard like a B550 and save another £100+.

Save £100 on memory by getting 32 gb ram which would be fine for plug ins and abelton live.

You swap out a gpu (RTX2060) and add the money you saved on mobo, RAM, CPU to get a new Ampere card for around £650 and you got yourself a very capable machine that good for creators and for gamers.
Cheers, I wrote a reply out before you added the rest then only came back and posted it later on ha. Yeah I might look into it. I’ll see how crossplay goes first I think because all my mates will go console still.

Paxi

Cheers, I wrote a reply out before you added the rest then only came back and posted it later on ha. Yeah I might look into it. I’ll see how crossplay goes first I think because all my mates will go console still.
Crossplay will only get better and is already very good if you’re playing COD mostly. I play with PC players whom are on my Activision friends list without any problems whatsoever.

Bojan11

You won’t have any mates left if they facing keyboard and mouse players constantly on console. As most games match you up against PC players, if there is one PC player in the party.

Paxi

You won’t have any mates left if they facing keyboard and mouse players constantly on console. As most games match you up against PC players, if there is one PC player in the party.
Activision matches up players by input not by system, providing @VeevaVee uses a controller.

Bojan11

Also have a look at the new graphics card being announced in the next few weeks as they supposed to be a big jump from current cards. Current cards will also drop in price too.

Activision matches up players by input not by system, providing @VeevaVee uses a controller.
I thought it was system. But if it’s input then fair enough, but I’m sure there’s a few cheats who are bypassing that just to be cheating cnuts.

I am not a fan of PC multiplayer. Last time I went in a GTA lobby someone turned me in a ball and I was stuck. Restarted and somehow matched up against the same guy, so that put me off GTA.

Paxi

Also have a look at the new graphics card being announced in the next few weeks as they supposed to be a big jump from current cards. Current cards will also drop in price too.

I thought it was system. But if it’s input then fair enough, but I’m sure there’s a few cheats who are bypassing that just to be cheating cnuts.

I am not a fan of PC multiplayer. Last time I went in a GTA lobby someone turned me in a ball and I was stuck. Restarted and somehow matched up against the same guy, so that put me off GTA.
I thought it was system too but it’s input for Cod. Other FPS I don’t know. Definitely more than a few cheats though but if you’re playing warzone, you’re opening up crossplay so you’re going to get that no matter what. Yeah I’m not a fan of PC multiplayer too, especially GTA. Battlefield and counter strike aren’t bad but I can only imagine GTA. :lol:

Paxi

@Bojan11 yeah, about the video cards, they’re going to be a lot more accessible and yet most decent ones will cost more than a console so I wish casual gamers take that into perspective so £550-600 for the performance that they’ll be getting is extremely competitive.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah I’d use a controller. For a while at least.

Deffo seen plenty of mnk users in my lobbies though.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Last edited:

Leg-End

Phil doesn't want to do console war.

https://segmentnext.com/2020/08/14/xbox-series-x-next-gen-console-war/

Edit : For Console price, this guy on Resetera did some analysis on PS5 price. Thinks should be less that 499$.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/an...-ps5-will-probably-cost-less-than-499.268251/

Not sure how correct he is but the dedication of that person to comb through the data is insane.
Well of course Phil would say that given how the current gen played out. A different approach is required from them and I think the route they are looking down is right for them.

Reiver

I was PS4 this gen and have to say it is probably my second favourite console after the SNES. However if the PS5 doesn't vastly improve on its trophy system I might well go back to Microsoft.

Bojan11

I was PS4 this gen and have to say it is probably my second favourite console after the SNES. However if the PS5 doesn't vastly improve on its trophy system I might well go back to Microsoft.
What’s wrong with the trophy system?

Rooney1987

He's being way too kind towards Microsoft and underselling Sony. His main point of streaming service and xcloud in the long run will win it for xbox with Sony old ways of doing thing will lose it for them. He might be right but I think he's putting too much stock in the streaming and cloud gaming being the entire future. I still think in 5 years time people will still buy the big exclusives. I still have questions on game pass but I think both companies will win this gen in different ways.

I do think he is undervaluing how gamers value the quality of games. Game Pass is obviously a good deal, but to continue be successful it needs new content every month. It has decent sub count now but needs to grow. Xbox biggest problem has been the games, if there isn't anything new or it's just not good enough it will fail, no matter how good the value is. Backwards compatibility can only take you so far, PS4 showed in the end it doesn't really matter.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
No he doesn’t. So share the news stalker. You already made Olly and Snowle leave with your pathetic attacks on Xbox. How many more are we going to lose because of you?
Is it the news about Halos delay and maybe not coming to Xbox one? Or has that been covered?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Halo has turned out to be a massive shit show. Hopefully they clear it up but it'll take a while.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I am struggling to see how the Xbox gets many sales this gen. what actually is the point of it. If you want pure power get a PC, anything else and PlayStation is just objectively better.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool

When Ryan McCaffrey is publicly calling out Xbox's strategy you know it's not going well at all.