Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The only game I’m looking at with potential envy on Xbox is Avowed because that’s the first Xbox game up my street alongside perhaps Fable. Aside from that Sony have released some amazing games and will continue too. Horizon, GOW are top tier. Days Gone is fun. Ghost of Tsushima is amazing too and that’s a nice diverse library of single player games which are bang up my street. I do get the feeling Xbox players are perhaps more casual or perhaps enjoy multiplayer more and have never moved on from the multiplayer scene back on the 360 (which to be fair was unreal). For single player games Sony has always been some distance away really when you think about it.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Let's just all agree that the power of the console itself really is irrelevant other than for willy measuring. If any console gamer cared about it they would buy a decent PC. Folk are going to go where their favourite games are, whether that's God of War, Halo, whatever Naughty Dog release next, Forza etc.

Let's also agree that due to the PlayStation's excellent implementation of an independent I/O Chip it'll run 33% more efficiently than the SadBocks 180 or whatever it's called. Go feck yourself Bojan you massive twat

Bojan11

Let's just all agree that the power of the console itself really is irrelevant other than for willy measuring. If any console gamer cared about it they would buy a decent PC. Folk are going to go where their favourite games are, whether that's God of War, Halo, whatever Naughty Dog release next, Forza etc.

Let's also agree that due to the PlayStation's excellent implementation of an independent I/O Chip it'll run 33% more efficiently than the SadBocks 180 or whatever it's called. Go feck yourself Bojan you massive twat
You can’t help yourself. You sent me a PM saying let’s be friends and begging me to forgive you. Now here you are hiding behind white text like a coward.

@esmufc07 doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He’s just happy paying for his remaster again and DLC content. I was also right about news this week just like I was right that Mr Pigeon is a gimp.

Ainu

"A lot of great exclusives" is also subjective, many don't give a feck about solo action adventures, which makes 90% of PS exclusives. So they all have their audience really. Not everyone likes "on the rails" blockbuster "movie games".
How many of those games are "on rails" or "movie games"? I assume you are referring to games like Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us 2 but it would be a huge stretch to label Bloodborne, Horizon, God of War and similar games as such. Sure, if you don't like third person action adventure/rpg games, those aren't for you. But you really went overboard with that last bit.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
You can’t help yourself. You sent me a PM saying let’s be friends and begging me to forgive you. Now here you are hiding behind white text like a coward.

@esmufc07 doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He’s just happy paying for his remaster again and DLC content. I was also right about news this week just like I was right that Mr Pigeon is a gimp.
I’ve still not played Spider-Man. They really need to do a remaster of Metal Gear Solid

Bojan11

I’ve still not played Spider-Man. They really need to do a remaster of Metal Gear Solid
Think Spider-Man is being remastered and added in, so lucky for you.

Nothing happening with MGS as Konami useless. They sitting on a few decent franchises but more worried about their pachinko machines.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Think Spider-Man is being remastered and added in, so lucky for you.

Nothing happening with MGS as Konami useless. They sitting on a few decent franchises but more worried about their pachinko machines.
Aren’t they doing a new Silent Hill or did I make that up?

Bojan11

Aren’t they doing a new Silent Hill or did I make that up?
Think that’s more Sony using the IP with their permission or they sold it to them. Don’t think that has anything to do with Konami development wise.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Think that’s more Sony using the IP with their permission or they sold it to them. Don’t think that has anything to do with Konami development wise.
Seems strange that Konami would let someone else have the license, unless they get to keep the rights to those money making Pachinko machines?

Bojan11

Seems strange that Konami would let someone else have the license, unless they get to keep the rights to those money making Pachinko machines?
According to Dusk Golem, it’s Sony Japan working on the game with Kojima. That PT demo was supposed to be the next Silent Hill game. Konami and Kojima went separate ways and it was scrapped.

Dusk Golem is the guy @esmufc07 and @pratyush_utd tried to shit on because he released negative PS news and the clowns at resetera could not handle it.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
According to Dusk Golem, it’s Sony Japan working on the game with Kojima. That PT demo was supposed to be the next Silent Hill game. Konami and Kojima went separate ways and it was scrapped.

Dusk Golem is the guy @esmufc07 and @pratyush_utd tried to shit on because he released negative PS news and the clowns at resetera could not handle it.

Don't make me do this again :lol:

Dusk Golem just agreed to the information which was provided by someone else earlier. Will link the name once I find her. He didn't mention it before. So yeah that guy is fraud and Xbox fanboy.

Also Dusk Golem himself admitted that "negative PS news" was fake rumour.

Last edited:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Dusk Golem just agreed to the information which was provided by someone else earlier. Will link the name once I find her. He didn't mention it before. So yeah that guy is fraud and Xbox fanboy.

Also Dusk Golem himself admitted that "negative PS news" was fake rumour. I didn't give you "shit" mate.
Great post sir.

Bojan11

Also Dusk Golem himself admitted that "negative PS news" was fake rumour. I didn't give you "shit" mate. Just showed your inherent bias that you vehemently deny.
Bias? I don’t go around defending crunch because they work on a specific console matey. Then adding vids of a guy that sounded homophobe and racist which Geko would watch to say MS also pull up or speak to reviewers when Sony did it with last of us. You really need to work on your defence skills.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

What? The same guy that later owned up to not actually knowing wtf he was talking about?

pratyush_utd

Bias? I don’t go around defending crunch because they work on a specific console matey. Then adding vids of a guy that sounded homophobe and racist which Geko would watch to say MS also pull up or speak to reviewers when Sony did it with last of us. You really need to work on your defence skills.
Videogamedunkey is not homophobe youtuber. Come on you need to let that go and neither did I defend crunch. I ain't doing this again :lol:

I buy PlayStation because it's worth it. I don't buy Xbox because I don't see the value of getting that. It's as simple as that. If that is bias then so be it. It may not be apparent to you but you have your own bias. Everyone has it.You might not believe it but my all time favourite game is Mass effect which wasn't on PS3 and I bought Xbox just for that. It's the games that matter and I am looking at Xbox series S in addition to PS5. But if today if you ask me, I will definitely buy PS5 over Xbox. You can call that bias but that's what you get after spending quality time with a company's product.

Katharsis T is the women on Resetera who said it before dusk golem guy. Can't find exact message as I am on phone.

I come in peace. Let's end this feud :lol: I promise I will definitely try to get Xbox ( obviously after PS5;))

Bojan11

Videogamedunkey is not homophobe youtuber. Come on you need to let that go and neither did I defend crunch. I ain't doing this again :lol:

I buy PlayStation because it's worth it. I don't buy Xbox because I don't see the value of getting that. It's as simple as that. If that is bias then so be it. It may not be apparent to you but you have your own bias. Everyone has it.You might not believe it but my all time favourite game is Mass effect which wasn't on PS3 and I bought Xbox just for that. It's the games that matter and I am looking at Xbox series S in addition to PS5. But if today if you ask me, I will definitely buy PS5 over Xbox. You can call that bias but that's what you get after spending quality time with a company's product.

Katharsis T is the women on Resetera who said it before dusk golem guy. Can't find exact message as I am on phone.
Now defending videogamedunkey. @esmufc07 you need to get a grip of your crew man.

Furthermore, Dunkey's humor, while sometimes brilliant, is always crude. He frequently uses racist, sexist and ableist language. In one of his more high-profile and least auspicious moments, Dunkey was banned for hate-speech from the online multiplayer game League Of Legends, one of the games he covered the most extensively. He later defended his abusive language as part of the game, doubling down on a position that's increasingly indefensible. That stance says a lot about where he's coming from, as he stubbornly upholds the patriarchal assumption that it's okay for video games to reinforce white-male-dominated space. Though he doesn't seem to harbor hate for anyone in particular, he's certainly not playing by anyone's, much less Madison's, liberal standards of basic decency when he's calling other players faggots and pussies.
https://kotaku.com/banned-league-of-legends-youtuber-defends-his-trash-tal-1730635674

Wanting someone gunned down over a game. Sounds like a nice bloke. You should use him more in your defence pieces.

Even in that vid he was saying you go on Xbox live to call black people poo poo heads.

pratyush_utd

Now defending videogamedunkey. @esmufc07 you need to get a grip of your crew man.

https://kotaku.com/banned-league-of-legends-youtuber-defends-his-trash-tal-1730635674

Wanting someone gunned down over a game. Sounds like a nice bloke. You should use him more in your defence pieces.

Even in that vid he was saying you go on Xbox live to call black people poo poo heads.
Kotaku is the last place I will read for "character assessment". His videos are mostly full of jokes and even on the most liberal snowflake site like Resetera he isn't banned. For reference Skillup who is one of the most impressive game reviewer is banned there. Your article proves absolutely nothing.

If you don't like me pointing out that your information is incorrect, then I won't do it going forward.

Bojan11

Kotaku is the last place I will read for "character assessment". His videos are mostly full of jokes and even on the most liberal snowflake site like Resetera he isn't banned. For reference Skillup who is one of the most impressive game reviewer is banned there. Your article proves absolutely nothing.

If you don't like me pointing out that your information is incorrect, then I won't do it going forward.
Mate he was literally banned from a game for being a tosspot and wanting someone to die. Even in that video you linked I could see within 2 minutes why MS stopped working with this clown.

He promotes that vile online gamer image, who goes around shouting slurs non stop. There’s trash talk and then there’s his kind of trash talk.

There’s trash talk like me and pigeon then there’s other trash talk like Pigeon and Geko. You see the difference? One is banter and the other is just plain sad.

pratyush_utd

Mate he was literally banned from a game for being a tosspot and wanting someone to die. Even in that video you linked I could see within 2 minutes why MS stopped working with this clown.

He promotes that vile online gamer image, who goes around shouting slurs non stop. There’s trash talk and then there’s his kind of trash talk.

There’s trash talk like me and pigeon then there’s other trash talk like Pigeon and Geko. You see the difference? One is banter and the other is just plain sad.
To be honest I wasn't aware of that incident. So I take that back. Whatever videos I watched it all seemed like jokes only.

Bojan11

According to VGC’s development and retail sources, mid-November is exactly when PlayStation 5 is most likely to land. In the UK, we understand that PlayStation has already booked significant marketing spend for the seven days commencing on Friday, November 13. Multiple retail sources have also told us that a launch during this window would fit within their expectations.

Development and retail sources also agree that Xbox will launch first. Microsoft has told developers to plan towards a launch in the very first week of the November, we understand, which would also give it wiggle room to potentially slip into the second week and still launch ahead of Sony. Xbox sources indicated that the platform holder is also expecting PS5 to arrive within the week commencing November 13.
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/when-will-ps5-release/

Bojan11

GAME are charging £65 for current gen of COD and £70 for next gen. I thought disc games especially current gen games were meant to be cheaper.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
GAME are charging £65 for current gen of COD and £70 for next gen. I thought disc games especially current gen games were meant to be cheaper.
It all seems kinda fecked up. It obviously should be cheaper for digital but they decided to try and rinse people for the convenience factor.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Whether you’re a PS Spice Boy or not, I hope we can all agree that this shit is ridiculous. Fecking energy shakes aimed at gamers :lol:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Whether you’re a PS Spice Boy or not, I hope we can all agree that this shit is ridiculous. Fecking energy shakes aimed at gamers :lol:

Fact.

*drinks Lucozade sport to replenish electrolytes from going up and down the stairs a few times

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not enough smack talk in here..... XBox one was shit btw.

paulscholes18

PS5 price will be revealed this month. 100% legit fact according to my source. Rumours of an event on the 9th but looking unlikely atm.
:lol: Obviously the price is going to be released this month. Hardly going to wait a day before it’s released to announce the price

Bojan11

PS5 price will be revealed this month. 100% legit fact according to my source. Rumours of an event on the 9th but looking unlikely atm.
Shut the feck up. Your sources are shite. You also have a habit of talking shite just like your sources. Also screw you @horsechoker and @Mr Pigeon trying to get me banned.

This week according to Sony is PSVR week.Don’t expect PS5 news according to them. So @afrocentricity go have your moment in the limelight...

At the moment plans are changing and nothing is guaranteed, which is ridiculous. I know Nintendo did it with a two month window. But these consoles will be double the cost and people would like to know how much they going to be spending.

Regardless of that. Sony need to show the OS and MS need to show some gameplay footage of games running on the series x. But this has been one of the most frustrating lead ups to new consoles ever. Every week you expecting something to drop and nothing happens.