Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bojan11

499 for Series X and 299 for lockheart.

So predictions, will the PS5 be higher, same or lower than the Series X?

Bojan11

Can we have a poll @Damien to see which console people are going to buy

Xbox Series X
Xbox Series S Last Gen Edition
PS5
PS5 Digital
No need. Polls are shit. People tend to vote for stupid stuff, see Brexit and Trump as main examples.

Leg-End

499 for Series X and 299 for lockheart.

So predictions, will the PS5 be higher, same or lower than the Series X?
I think the same for the disc version but they will be a bit higher on the digital side as it's not a different spec, £499 and £399 is my guess.

Adamsk7

I’ll be double dipping in to a PS5 and a 3070 graphics card for my PC. I’ll then be buying an Xbox next year. Looking at my current catalogue of games to play, I have a build up of PS4 titles that I need to get round to playing where as I only have a couple on Xbox of note (including Doom Eternal which is next up for me).

I will definitely be part ex’ing my PS4 Pro at Game as they often do a trade in bonus for buying the new console which makes it’d value pretty much the same as they’d sell used (less hassle for me). The question is do I trade my One X too or keep that until I get the Series X in 2021?

my biggest issue is my three best mates who don’t live locally all play Xbox online so that’s where we often play together yet I prefer the single player experiences on PS

Bojan11

S is priced at £250 so they didn’t just do what most companies do with the currency. So I presume the series X is going to be £450.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I'm not getting it, but this is very cheap. It also means the Series X will be £449 in the UK.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
The price of that series S is making me consider getting both the PS5 and Series S
Which is pretty much Microsoft's endgame. They know it's pretty much impossible to sway people away from PS's who've had them for years and enjoyed the exclusives so if they can get them on Gamepass for £250 then that's mission accomplished. Very clever from them.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good price, still.... No games that I'm really interested in. Prob get gamepass on PC (at some point) to go with PS5.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Good price, still.... No games that I'm really interested in. Prob get gamepass on PC (at some point) to go with PS5.
I can't state enough how good Gamepass is. I remember I got it free for 6 months or something last year when I built my PC thinking I'd never use the thing and I haven't unsubbed since, there's just so much good shit constantly going on to it. It's such good value for €4 it should be fecking illegal. MS know this too which is why they've basically built a console around it.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can't state enough how good Gamepass is. I remember I got it free for 6 months or something last year when I built my PC thinking I'd never use the thing and I haven't unsubbed since, there's just so much good shit constantly going on to it. It's such good value for €4 it should be fecking illegal. MS know this too which is why they've basically built a console around it.
Less compelling when your gaming backlog is 100s deep though :lol:

Hopefully it's still that price when I get around to it.

macheda14

So Alanah Pearce, not sure exactly who she is but it was recommended to me on YouTube, pointed out an interesting thing. You can supposedly buy these via ‘xbox all access’ which seems to be a monthly financing option PLUS game pass. So the series s will be $25 a month and the series x will be $35 a month. That means minus the $10’a month for game pass and you pay your consoles off in 2 years. Like a mobile phone. This makes the console names make sense - it mirrors phone names and how year on year they are iterative and seem to have a less powerful and more powerful version. So maybe after 2 years we will now see the Xbox series x2 which is slightly more powerful than the series x etc etc.

Quite a few journalists have been expecting this to happen for a while ever since the xbone x and PS4 pro were announced.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
So Alanah Pearce, not sure exactly who she is but it was recommended to me on YouTube, pointed out an interesting thing. You can supposedly buy these via ‘xbox all access’ which seems to be a monthly financing option PLUS game pass. So the series s will be $25 a month and the series x will be $35 a month. That means minus the $10’a month for game pass and you pay your consoles off in 2 years. Like a mobile phone. This makes the console names make sense - it mirrors phone names and how year on year they are iterative and seem to have a less powerful and more powerful version. So maybe after 2 years we will now see the Xbox series x2 which is slightly more powerful than the series x etc etc.

Quite a few journalists have been expecting this to happen for a while ever since the xbone x and PS4 pro were announced.
God that sounds like abit of a nightmare for me. I’m the kind of person that likes to get their tech at the start and then not worry about it for the next lifecycle. I never got the Pro for that reason. I think I’ll be pretty disappointed if that’s the way the industry is going, but it makes sense as another cash grab.

macheda14

God that sounds like abit of a nightmare for me. I’m the kind of person that likes to get their tech at the start and then not worry about it for the next lifecycle. I never got the Pro for that reason. I think I’ll be pretty disappointed if that’s the way the industry is going, but it makes sense as another cash grab.
Especially with an American company at the helm. Products as a service are all the rage nowadays in the American digital market.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Especially with an American company at the helm. Products as a service are all the rage nowadays in the American digital market.
I can only hope that Sony stays away from that model as I think ultimately it’s quite anti-consumer.

littlepeasoup

At the start of the year I was all in on getting a PS5 at launch, but I honestly don't feel either Sony or Microsoft have made compelling enough arguments to make buying a new console this year worthwhile.

Just my personal opinion of course, but I think these consoles will really shine in a year or two when they have a solid foundation of decent exclusives; I'm happy to wait until then.

RedDevilRoshi

The price of that series S is making me consider getting both the PS5 and Series S
Me too. I was initially just going to buy a PS5 but that Series S price at £250 looks very tempting to buy that too. Wasn’t expecting it to be that cheap.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
So wait - is the Series S better than a current mid-range PC or not?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So I recently purchased an LG OLED TV (LG OLED55CX5LB) as it scored highly on TVs compatible with the PS5, but im not entirely sure why as im not completely tech savy when it comes to 4k, UHD 4k, 8k, HDR10, HDR10+ ETC.

Is anyone able to advise me what PS5 to get to fully maximise my TVs spec? Like i know my TV won't be 8k, but i know there's something to do with frame rates and stuff. :lol:
To maximise your tv spec you’re going to want the most powerful console, which is the Series X.

Bojan11

You don’t know anything about tech specs, as you’ve said. Leave it to the experts
Or even better just leave @esmufc07.

You should have left after last week, where your outburst left one member in tears. Do the right thing for a change.